• Billy Davies
    • Keith Hill
    • Alan Stubbs
    • Gareth Ainsworth
    • Alan Irvine
    • Paul Jewell
    • Phil Parkinson
    • Uwe Rosler

The head is unusual. I'll give you that. Always thought it looked like the back of it had been removed. Like he'd had a quick nap on an industrial belt sander.

Yes, a very strange head. He always reminds me of Little Frank to be honest.

http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/resources/images/100472/

And when I'm thinking about who the new manager should be I'm not really looking for a bloke who looks like Little Frank. You know I'm not, I'm really not.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not saying he's the answer but how is he worse than Mcleish or Redfern? They are all either busted flushes or never will be's!

You use 'proven in the championship' to support some managers but not others who have seen promotion here, seems odd logic mate.

Seemed like the next big thing at Burnley but either wilted or got found out:

I just want it done with now we are going to appoint one desperado or another, Warnock and Joyce the only names that intreagued me, the rest much of a muchness.

Feel people are being harsh on McLeish. Sure he's not at the required standard and he's poor but he is not bottom of the barrel crap like Coyle or Radfearn.

Coyle has 1 season of success and none elsewhere. Aside from some unwelcome links agency and dingles only having one positive season is not good odds for us at all.

Radfearn - has not even had one good season in 2 championship clubs. Why he gets on the shortlist is a mystery - my nan is just about as qualified.

Joyce - virtually no managerial experience, which should end the discussion and his application but even if it doesn't what should are 1 the fact his current situation is the exact opposite to ours - professional, top players, no recruitment vs a shambles, and a few limited players - and 2 what it could mean for the us as a club turning into.

Now McLeish isn't great but when you factor in promotion from this league and trophies in both England and north of the border - well that's a lot more than the other three have and will have combined. His failures and personality and style don't make him an attractive option but our dumbed down shambles of a club could do a lot worse. Imo the chances of McLeish doing well are slim but that's a lot better than the nil some of the other candidates will have.

Heck even my preferred realistic choice Warnock isn't ideal asi worry what would happen in 1 year if he retires. The club have backed us well and truly to the edge of a cliff.

I fear the eventual manager will be a lot worse than McLeish as they continue to ruin the club.

Must admit I didn't know Coyle was one of these with apparent links to nefarious agent types

Get mccleish in asap he's the best been mentioned for days of a very bad bunch

It's looking though more and more like it could be coyles gig FFS..

Feel people are being harsh on McLeish. Sure he's not at the required standard and he's poor but he is not bottom of the barrel crap like Coyle or Radfearn.

Coyle has 1 season of success and none elsewhere. Aside from some unwelcome links agency and dingles only having one positive season is not good odds for us at all.

Radfearn - has not even had one good season in 2 championship clubs. Why he gets on the shortlist is a mystery - my nan is just about as qualified.

Joyce - virtually no managerial experience, which should end the discussion and his application but even if it doesn't what should are 1 the fact his current situation is the exact opposite to ours - professional, top players, no recruitment vs a shambles, and a few limited players - and 2 what it could mean for the us as a club turning into.

Now McLeish isn't great but when you factor in promotion from this league and trophies in both England and north of the border - well that's a lot more than the other three have and will have combined. His failures and personality and style don't make him an attractive option but our dumbed down shambles of a club could do a lot worse. Imo the chances of McLeish doing well are slim but that's a lot better than the nil some of the other candidates will have.

Heck even my preferred realistic choice Warnock isn't ideal asi worry what would happen in 1 year if he retires. The club have backed us well and truly to the edge of a cliff.

I fear the eventual manager will be a lot worse than McLeish as they continue to ruin the club.

But the question was , who do we think will be the next manager? Not who do we want.

But the question was , who do we think will be the next manager? Not who do we want.

True. But I was writing in response to people's complaints vs McLeish which regardless of think/want seems a little excessive given there's a lot of names mentioned who are worse than him.

Good point,

so the answer is a no mark dodgy yes man with links to Voldermort.

Is coco walking round the village yet ?

Must admit I didn't know Coyle was one of these with apparent links to nefarious agent types

Much like the "impartial pundits" on the payroll at SkyEM Sports, Coyle always forgot to mention that he shared the same agency when defending poor little Stevie in the press

It's both.

Personally, Warnock is looking like the best of a very bad bunch. In the absence of a left field option, it'd be him. Although Lambert is head and shoulders about everyone else, and personally I'd prefer Lambert to Warnock. McLeish is probably the next best in terms of experience and credibility.

I still expect us to have an internal appointment by the time the season starts, following weeks of excuses.

It's both.

Personally, Warnock is looking like the best of a very bad bunch. In the absence of a left field option, it'd be him. Although Lambert is head and shoulders about everyone else, and personally I'd prefer Lambert to Warnock. McLeish is probably the next best in terms of experience and credibility.

That sums up what I was trying to say only a lot more succinctly!

Hoping for a good appointment still from Rovers but the owners probably still confused.

Lets hope they get someone decent.

That what normal people would do but arent a normal club tho.

Who decent have we been linked with warnock apart no one decent has been interviewed or in the frame whatsoever

If that absolute short wearing prick gets the job then to be quite negative and frank, I'd expect us to drop faster than anyone could expect.

Burnley Coyle would be another new depth we've sank to. Just give Irvine the sodding job and get it over with.

Agreed, this farce desperately needs an act break.

*meanwhile somewhere in SEM-HQ*

"Sir, I'm not sure the Blackburn public will allow us to employ Alex McLeish"

"Well lets interview Coyle, they'll be clamouring for McLeish by the end of the day"

"Good plan sir, good plan"

I do hope this is sarcastic

Jesus it must be.... any fan in there own right minds wouldnt want that old ex Dingle Fking has been..... toss up between him and Mcleish ... and it has to be the latter any day of the week ... but bloody hell what a choice.

• Backroom

I still say out of the possibilities and disregarding Warnock as it won't happen then Joyce is the one worth a shot.

He's as likely to fail as the rest but with a teeny tiny miniscule shot at making it as a manager.

Coyle lives in Langho. It would take 4 cars parked strategically to block him in on the day of his press conference. If it comes to it...

Only 2 access points for Rogers field, could we enlist TP's help, pop round and have a word on a Sunday afternoon and all that

Turning into yoda you are

Going to say that was I

Archived