• Billy Davies
    • Keith Hill
    • Alan Stubbs
    • Gareth Ainsworth
    • Alan Irvine
    • Paul Jewell
    • Phil Parkinson
    • Uwe Rosler

Coyle is an excellent motivator, the football he played at Burnley was more gung-ho more than anything, however he made the players and the rest of the club feel 'united'.

Burnley fans were disapponted after he left because he made himself the figurehead of the club. He talked of building a legacy, following an ethos of recruiting young, hungry players and looking to the long term stability of the club. Then he left for Bolton and took all the coaching staff with him and signed the players he was going to sign for Burnley - Holden, Weiss and Jack Wiltshire. Players who might (...might) have secured survival.

He was doing a great job.

But it's his record afterwards that's ropey - he had resources at Bolton but took them down and at Wigan he had very little impact and failed.

He will tow the party line, he won't complain publicly, he will lift morale, he will bring attacking football... But looking at his previous records, I think there are much better options.

You could add Premier League and Champions League to that and I still wouldn't want him anywhere near Ewood. His connections with that lot are enough for me to say a massive NO. Cutting off my nose to spite my face? Maybe but his presence at Ewood would ensure that I wouldn't be there.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This lot really are playing head games, probably loving watching us squirm. We've angered them because we don't kiss their collective arses and they are paying us back in kind.

Venky's understanding is new season doesn't start until August :blink:

I'm no fan of Coyle but you don't get a team promoted to the Premiership if you're clueless Mani, but i get your point on his draconian methods.

His links to certain agencies make him the ideal candidate for the job at our place though, I wouldn't rule him out.

Souness had Draconian methods, Coyle just doesn't have methods it seems

Who was it that said that Paul jewell as our next manager was already a done deal before(or immediately after) Lambert walked?

Maybe Venkys will allow no manager. But have an online system in place, where fans can vote for the starting 11 and formation. Fans then vote on substitutions as well.

An appointment shrouded in secrecy.

Only to be the most underwhelming appointment in history.

What if its not underwhelming, what if its Manuel Pellegrini? :D

In laws are season ticket Holders at Wigan, whilst my friend is on the coaching team.

Both state that Coyle is without doubt the worst thing that ever happened to Wigan.

His coaching style, football style, philosophy and general attitude.

Father in law said , he would take 10 Steve Kean's over one Coyle.

Funny though as people as a few on twitter tweeted me to say i need to be more positive rather than breathe doom n gloom through twitter.

On that note ,perhaps a street party to champion the Raos impact on the town and club?

In laws are season ticket Holders at Wigan, whilst my friend is on the coaching team.

Both state that Coyle is without doubt the worst thing that ever happened to Wigan.

Funny though as people as a few on twitter tweeted me to say i need to be more positive rather than breathe doom n gloom through twitter.

On that note ,perhaps a street party to champion the Raos impact on the town and club?

"Cheer up kids, uncle Jimmy is visiting hospital tomorrow. He has a surprise for you in his pocket."

How can anyone be positive with what has gone on over the last 5 years? Just what has been good since the Venky crooks took over? Effing hell these people are thick as s--t, and would happily accept any abuse.

Maybe Venkys will allow no manager. But have an online system in place, where fans can vote for the starting 11 and formation. Fans then vote on substitutions as well.

What if its not underwhelming, what if its Manuel Pellegrini? :D

What if it's Manuel from Fawlty Towers?

It just seems we have half a fanbase in the social media world who are scratching for positives in every rumour that comes along and simply refuse to see what's happened over the past 5 years and continues to happen.

Probably mostly the same ones who disappeared along with Premier league football and only turn up again when Liverpool are in town. They are desperately waiting for a bandwagon to come along again and jump back on, v's or no V's.

They are clueless.

Exactly the same here mate. Coyle is completely clueless. The lads liked him but laugh at him as he gives them another 3 days off. Playing head tennis for a bag of doughnuts on a Friday....I was speaking to a member of their current coaching set up a couple of weeks ago following their promotion. He was there under Coyle and was literally killing himself laughing at some of the stuff Coyle did. Regularly cancels training for a round of Golf. His last words "Good old Coyley" as he left the pub en route to Restaurant Bar and Grill to celebrate their promotion..."million miles from the gaffer here now"...

I am usually pragmatic about all things Rovers but Coyle will send me over. We are goners with him I'm afraid. Absolute clown.

Whilst I wouldn't want Stubbs here, I expect he will go to Rotherham and do a decent job. He will have the benefit of a sensible club and a chairman behind him to do the job to the best of his ability.

The irony when he keeps Rotherham up and we go down.

Amazing how the prospect of Owen Coyle coming here is met with derision partly due to his past links to Burnley, and yet so many people were warming to the idea of Warren Joyce as the man to save us whilst ignoring his past allegiance to that lot.

As far as I am concerned, employing anyone at this club who has previously had an allegiance to them should be avoided at all costs. If it were a choice between Joyce or Coyle I would be horrified as both are Clarets, but due to Coyle's past success as a manager and manner of the way he left that lot in a mess and presumably his dislike for them these days, then he would be slightly ahead of Joyce.

However, there would be at least 20 available experienced managers I would have to be rejected by before Coyle's name even cropped up. Suddenly Alex McLeish looks a very good option, and I still think he could do a decent job for us with his vast experience and contacts in the game.

Both Coyle and Joyce have Burnley FC on their CV and therefore should be avoided. Same for Cotterill, Dyche and any other ex-dingle.

Amazing how the prospect of Owen Coyle coming here is met with derision partly due to his past links to Burnley, and yet so many people were warming to the idea of Warren Joyce as the man to save us whilst ignoring his past allegiance to that lot.

As far as I am concerned, employing anyone at this club who has previously had an allegiance to them should be avoided at all costs. If it were a choice between Joyce or Coyle I would be horrified as both are Clarets, but due to Coyle's past success as a manager and manner of the way he left that lot in a mess and presumably his dislike for them these days, then he would be slightly ahead of Joyce.

However, there would be at least 20 available experienced managers I would have to be rejected by before Coyle's name even cropped up. Suddenly Alex McLeish looks a very good option, and I still think he could do a decent job for us with his vast experience and contacts in the game.

Both Coyle and Joyce have Burnley FC on their CV and therefore should be avoided. Same for Cotterill, Dyche and any other ex-dingle.

Personally, I have no problem with the Burnley link. Coyle never played for them and Joyce is hardly a Burnley legend.

Coyle is a busted flush with dodgy connections and Joyce is a failed manager from another era. That's what puts me off.

I do agree with you about McLeish though. Not saying I want him but he does have a decent track record in the Championship.

As if Dyche would be in the equation to come here! Wish he would. Best Championship Manager by a country mile

As if Dyche would be in the equation to come here! Wish he would. Best Championship Manager by a country mile

Wouldn't want him even if he would come here. Plenty of good managers out there who aren't tainted by that colour to work through before that became possible. Bruce, McCarthy, Allardyce, Davies, Warnock would all come before him.

Don't know if its been picked up on yet but Rob Kelly was a coach at Forest whilst Alex McLeish was manager. Might explain his interest in the role.

Archived