• Billy Davies
    • Keith Hill
    • Alan Stubbs
    • Gareth Ainsworth
    • Alan Irvine
    • Paul Jewell
    • Phil Parkinson
    • Uwe Rosler

The interviews were done over a week ago, and recommendations were sent to Venkys. I don't think we can even blame the board (well, Mike Cheston) on this one. The blame squarely lies at the owners door.

Of course we'll be relegated next season and deservedly so.

We don't deserve it.

It'll be Blackburn Rovers relegated, not Venkys relegated.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judan Ali has now gone from 33/1 to 18/1 ...... this is more like Venkys choice..... a throw up between Judan Ali and Owen Coyle .... which one would you choose guys.

please dont go there lol

Such a strange feeling that I am not expecting any manager news whatsoever. It is as though the club has already shut up shop, all but a little souvenir shop around the corner.

I totally expect Rob Kelly or Irvine to take the reins now.

Such a strange feeling that I am not expecting any manager news whatsoever. It is as though the club has already shut up shop, all but a little souvenir shop around the corner.

I totally expect Rob Kelly or Irvine to take the reins now.

Our expectations have been dumbed down through a process of relentless attrition.

Just a faint flicker of hope- call it a pathological refusal to bite the dust-that a deal may already be done with someone more credible.

I note Warnock seems to have gone quiet...could there be something around the expiry of his Rotherham contract?...See how I continually set myself up for more diappointment .....Brian Laws, anyone?!.......VENKY'S OUT

I'm kind of hoping they will appoint Judan Ali. At least then, surely, it'll unite the fanbase in their condemnation of the owners and the protests can really ramp up.

i was thinking the same, and if that doesnt unite the fan banse, then i think its safe to say the club should just call it a day and head for administration and league 1.

7 days till transfer window opens and 3 weeks till holidays end and pre season starts, I'm at the point of hoping they are waiting for better names and letting Irvine keep the reins till then!

In fact that's very basically trying to look on the bright side, the only benefit we have of not yet making the decision is we don't have Coyle, Mcleish, Redfearn or some other guaranteed relegation/bore fest battle.

Maybe they've tapped up old squashy nose from Hull since he may be leaving despite promotion!

7 days till transfer window opens and 3 weeks till holidays end and pre season starts, I'm at the point of hoping they are waiting for better names and letting Irvine keep the reins till then!

In fact that's very basically trying to look on the bright side, the only benefit we have of not yet making the decision is we don't have Coyle, Mcleish, Redfearn or some other guaranteed relegation/bore fest battle.

Maybe they've tapped up old squashy nose from Hull since he may be leaving despite promotion!

I'm the same, I can't help but cling to some sort of hope that the reason for the delay is that the names put forward by Cheston aren't good enough (which we all knew to begin with) and that they are now looking at alternatives that will be more suitable for this football club. Either that or they are waiting for someone or something to happen which will facilitate a better calibre of manager than those linked so far.

But its the hope that makes it worse. If Lambert had never happened then I might not have the hope, but in getting him appointed they showed that they can do it - they can make sensible, decisive, ambitious appointments when they want to. They don't all have to be Keans, Bergs, Joyces, Redfearns if the lunatics put their minds to it.

Either way, its been a completely flawed process, bereft of any joined up, logical thinking. The Finance Director that has stumbled into being a one-man board of directors, the visa-less advisor who has never spoken or showed his face publicly, the owners who need to sanction any appointment despite knowing less than the people making the recommendations.

When was the last time we employed a manager who was working at another club? Wouldn't it be nice to have a board who plan for the future and identify potential managers in advance.

Or we could stick to the current plan. Either sack a manager or wait for one to leave and then check who's out of work and fail to pick the best of the bunch.

Feckin amateurs.

apparently Kean is about to be unveiled as the new leeds boss ( according to numerous social media postings )

Must be a windup

Meanwhile....

English boss leaves Indian champions

Football

Posted at12:20

English head coach Ashley Westwood has left Indian champions Bengaluru by mutual consent.

The 39-year-old former Crewe and Sheffield Wednesday defender, and Blackburn assistant, is the club's only manager - having taken over three years ago following their formation.

He led them to two league titles.

Judan Ali has now gone from 33/1 to 18/1 ...... this is more like Venkys choice..... a throw up between Judan Ali and Owen Coyle .... which one would you choose guys.

Well at least when the Coyle out campaign got going it would be fun spitting bile at Steve Keans ex dingle SEM mate. The other one would be dressed as racism or something.

No, the cross between the two is Judas Iscariot!

Remember him trying to shake the hands of all his former Burnley players, as they left the pitch at Bolton..The Dingles were going mad....

Must be a windup

Meanwhile....

That must be the one we have been waiting for :blink:

Surely we must be closing in on some kind of record by now? Longest time spent without a manager or appointed caretaker?

Would love it if someonen actually found out if this is the case

Archived