• Gareth Ainsworth
    • Alan Irvine
    • Paul Jewell
    • Phil Parkinson
    • Uwe Rosler

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there no one else but me that wants Steve Clarke?

I think he'd be a very good shout. Sadly we daren't think of potentially good options, just temporary stop gaps or unsatisfactory wannabees.

I'd like Moyes* or Glenn Hoddle*. I'd take Clarke*, Warnock*, Davies*, Adkins*.

I'd be bored with Irvine and irritated with Holloway. Disgusted with Coyle. Laughing at Jewell. Hysterical with Ali.

Hill, Robinson, Joyce, Redfearn, Hignett - respect where it is due, doing ok at respective levels but not for me at a job this size.

* Always rated Moyes highly. Frustrated with his actions and comments re: Kean. Apart from that great.

* Hoddle has England's highest recent win percentage I believe. Top player, forward thinking. Bit of a fruitcake.

* Warnock is a tit.

* Davies is obnoxious.

* Clarke reminds me of Bowyer and bores me rigid.

* Adkins wouldnt inspire me as a player but I'd let him mend my leg.

Fancy picking a bloke to spear head your million pound a year operations? Tough job. These fools didnt realise they had a diamond in Allardyce. Potentially another one in Lambert. Clucking morons.

How long till the transfer window? Season? Valuable time being wasted. Idiots.

If they're going to cock it up (which they will) i hope they appoint Judan Alli, just for the sheer fact that it will see the @#/? hit the fan big time... Mass protests, no season tickets sold and downright chaos in the public eye.

Bring it on you Venky @#/?s, do your worst!

I think he'd be a very good shout. Sadly we daren't think of potentially good options, just temporary stop gaps or unsatisfactory wannabees.

I'd like Moyes* or Glenn Hoddle*. I'd take Clarke*, Warnock*, Davies*, Adkins*.

I'd be bored with Irvine and irritated with Holloway. Disgusted with Coyle. Laughing at Jewell. Hysterical with Ali.

Hill, Robinson, Joyce, Redfearn, Hignett - respect where it is due, doing ok at respective levels but not for me at a job this size.

* Always rated Moyes highly. Frustrated with his actions and comments re: Kean. Apart from that great.

* Hoddle has England's highest recent win percentage I believe. Top player, forward thinking. Bit of a fruitcake.

* Warnock is a tit.

* Davies is obnoxious.

* Clarke reminds me of Bowyer and bores me rigid.

* Adkins wouldnt inspire me as a player but I'd let him mend my leg.

Fancy picking a bloke to spear head your million pound a year operations? Tough job. These fools didnt realise they had a diamond in Allardyce. Potentially another one in Lambert. Clucking morons.

How long till the transfer window? Season? Valuable time being wasted. Idiots.

I've.seen Hoddle's name crop up in a couple of posts, why is that?

Steve Clarke is not a bad name amidst this shower... Though with Venky's it's hard to imagine anyone would have the conditions to do a good job

Seems like this quiet, uncommunicative owners this is starting to catch on

Re: Reading

"The big issue fans have got with Reading at the moment is nobody tells them what's going on," Gooding said.

McDermott, 55, left the Championship club following a second spell in charge which lasted just five months.

Gooding, who made more than 300 appearances for Reading, is concerned about the club's future direction.

"The football club is like a swan, there's a lot going on below the surface that we don't know about," he told BBC Radio Berkshire.

"They (the supporters) just need someone who can speak and tell supporters what their vision is for the next few years."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36418866

Seen this on social media but from nobody creditable.

What are your thoughts on Slade?

Not great tbh as apparently the guy who is now in charge at Cardiff was the tactician

If they're going to cock it up (which they will) i hope they appoint Judan Alli, just for the sheer fact that it will see the @#/? hit the fan big time... Mass protests, no season tickets sold and downright chaos in the public eye.

Bring it on you Venky @#/?s, do your worst!

It's sad that it has come to this but I agree.

You know what it's like - I have little sympathy for other clubs plight when it all goes wrong, take Bolton for example, watching them implode is very amusing. However if it got to the stage where they employed someone like Judan Alli as manager and 500 people turned up to watch but triple that were protesting outside the ground I would actually sit up and take notice and look more closely at what's happening to the club.

The Telegraph can't or won't do any real reporting or investigations, so instead they are using 3-4 interviews with players to fill out into 2 weeks of headlines. I think its about time we had a proper update from our Director Cheston. When's he back from his holidays? Who's running the operation in the meantime? Ian Silvestre?

This is an utter disgrace. I don't believe that anything is presently happening. I could just about accept a delay of this length if we were going through a vast number of candidates and interviewing them several times to ensure we got the right man. However we had the right men in Bowyer and Lambert depending on which agenda Venkys have. If promotion was the agenda then Lambert was the man to back this summer. If survival and profiting on player trading was the agenda whilst the manager defended you then Bowyer was the man. However the complete lack of any sort of leaks or rumours or news from anyone 'ITK' means one of two things. It either means that the search process is going on behind a very successful veil of secrecy, or they are doing nothing. I know which I think it is.

Slade's another lower league manager, who only got the job in the Championship at Cardiff because their owner is almost as nuts as ours. He's one of the favourites for recently relegated Charlton and they'd be a much better fit for him.

I mentioned Steve Evans as a possibility a few weeks ago. I don't like the bloke and believe he's all about the results rather than player development so might not fit the Agenda here, but I think he's a decent manager who has shown he can work under tough conditions at Leeds and would presumably be open to working here for these nutters. He didn't do a bad job at Leeds and worked wonders at Rotherham.

I'd say they are doing nothing as the Indians have cut us off, they did last summer IMO. Their finance guy and our finance guy have been running it since then with the only contact probably being the biscuit man pretending to be an advisor.

We've seen in those newspaper links that even Barry White ignores his pals when he feels like it. The club will not know what's happening next and the finance guys will be keeping it as tight as possible to save cash.

Archived