• Billy Davies
    • Keith Hill
    • Alan Stubbs
    • Gareth Ainsworth
    • Alan Irvine
    • Paul Jewell
    • Phil Parkinson
    • Uwe Rosler

The Telegraph can't or won't do any real reporting or investigations, so instead they are using 3-4 interviews with players to fill out into 2 weeks of headlines.

I'm no fan of the LT but the fact is they don't have the resources to launch a (much needed) investigation into the running of the club.

Even if they did, the fact is that most people who read it just want an update as to the basic happenings (transfers, match reports etc). If they alienated the club by going digging then they risk being able to do this effectively (by being banned from the club) and would jeopardise a significant part of their sports coverage.

Bottom line is, for an investigative journalism piece like this you need a national paper to get on board, rather than a local paper with a small circulation and a shoestring budget.

Of course, if the club communicated effectively and openly with its fans then none of this would be necessary.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mentioned Steve Evans as a possibility a few weeks ago. I don't like the bloke and believe he's all about the results rather than player development so might not fit the Agenda here, but I think he's a decent manager who has shown he can work under tough conditions at Leeds and would presumably be open to working here for these nutters. He didn't do a bad job at Leeds and worked wonders at Rotherham.

I was thinking the same, I actually don't mind him.

Without the obvious playing comparisons, he puts me in mind of a Souness type, no nonsense, isn't really bothered if you don't like him, likes the controversy at times, straight shooter with the media/fans and worked well in tough conditions at Leeds.

Another who has experience, when so many of the names do not!

Managed over 800 games at various levels, non league, League 2, League 1, Championship.

Took Boston United up two divisions, took Crawley up two divisions, took Rotherham up two divisions.

I think he'd keep us in the league if he was our manager. Which may be as good as its going to get next season.

I also think his Leeds team played well against us at Ewood last season, they were well organised and deserved their victory.

Could I see him applying for the job? Absolutely

Also interestingly, took over at Leeds at a similar time to Lambert joining Rovers.

Evans @ Leeds (all comps.)

P 38 W 14 D 12 L 12 Win% 36.8

Lambert @ Rovers (all comps.)

P 33 W 13 D 8 L 13 Win% 36.4

Steve Clarke is not a bad name amidst this shower... Though with Venky's it's hard to imagine anyone would have the conditions to do a good job

Seems like this quiet, uncommunicative owners this is starting to catch on

Re: Reading

"The big issue fans have got with Reading at the moment is nobody tells them what's going on," Gooding said.

McDermott, 55, left the Championship club following a second spell in charge which lasted just five months.

Gooding, who made more than 300 appearances for Reading, is concerned about the club's future direction.

"The football club is like a swan, there's a lot going on below the surface that we don't know about," he told BBC Radio Berkshire.

"They (the supporters) just need someone who can speak and tell supporters what their vision is for the next few years."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36418866

Jaap Stam is to be the next manager there.

I'm no fan of the LT but the fact is they don't have the resources to launch a (much needed) investigation into the running of the club.

Even if they did, the fact is that most people who read it just want an update as to the basic happenings (transfers, match reports etc). If they alienated the club by going digging then they risk being able to do this effectively (by being banned from the club) and would jeopardise a significant part of their sports coverage.

Bottom line is, for an investigative journalism piece like this you need a national paper to get on board, rather than a local paper with a small circulation and a shoestring budget.

Of course, if the club communicated effectively and openly with its fans then none of this would be necessary.

How much would it cost to start putting Venkys under pressure?

How much would it cost to start putting Venkys under pressure?

No idea other than it would be costly. You'd need lawyers, financial experts, people with experience of football clubs and agents, and you'd also need an equivalent team in India for this particular case.

If Man Utd were being destroyed like this the nationals would be all over it, but I doubt there's any real appetite for doing it for t'Rovers.

Of course, if Seneca might be able to fund something...

On Twitter from the suns football league reporter @tombarclay_SUN

And one final thing, seems Owen Coyle is looking most likely for the Blackburn job #brfc #rovers #thankscolumbo

Seems talks with Neil Warnock at Blackburn broke down over money #brfc

From warnock to Owen coyle ! I give up

And one final thing, seems Owen Coyle is looking most likely for the Blackburn job #brfc #rovers #thankscolumbo

I hate Venky's so much, it hurts.

No idea other than it would be costly. You'd need lawyers, financial experts, people with experience of football clubs and agents, and you'd also need an equivalent team in India for this particular case.

No mate, all it would take for the LT to put Venkys under constant pressure is the will to do it. Peter White would have been all over this lot at virtually no extra cost to the newspaper.

He wasn't willing to accept 20 silk cut and a copy of the LET as payment?

Really???

FFS!!!

What a joke

We should be going for Gary Monk. This process is a complete and utter joke to the Club that has been build and to the fans.

Sorry but this is simply bunkum with respect.

You can print fact after fact after fact by just sitting at the PC and doing some research, so much factual information about this football club is in the public domain, you could get a weeks stories out of employing the idiotic TV pundit, WTF was that about?!

The paper is a joke really, the way Cryer and the paper behaved during the king rat era was nothing short of incompetent, spineless and gutless, typical small time, small town mentality, pathetic really.

Whelan had Coyle sussed out very quickly. He usually gives all his managers plenty of time - Jewell, Martinez, Bruce - but very quickly got shut of Coyle when he realised how clueless he really was.

The paper is a joke really, the way Cryer and the paper behaved during the king rat era was nothing short of incompetent, spineless and gutless, typical small time, small town mentality, pathetic really.

Though his high profile at the time did wonders for his career- got a nice number at the BBC not long after.

Lancashire Telegraph are too busy printing disgraceful and unfounded stories trying to get our captain sold off to Rangers today to worry about an investigation or who the new manager will be. Those kind of things need journalists to go digging on rather than someone sat on twitter all day reading the rumour columns then regurgitating them into a news story.

Things are bad enough at the moment without our 'local paper' trying to sell our best players, but its no surprise, they've been trying to do it for years. No mention of Burnley losing any of their best players or Dyche leaving, but that's because they have Burnley fans working for them.

I'm boycotting the Telegraph and I couldn't care less if/when it goes out of circulation after their appalling treatment of Rovers.

Lancashire Telegraph are too busy printing disgraceful and unfounded stories trying to get our captain sold off to Rangers today to worry about an investigation or who the new manager will be. Those kind of things need journalists to go digging on rather than someone sat on twitter all day reading the rumour columns then regurgitating them into a news story.

Things are bad enough at the moment without our 'local paper' trying to sell our best players, but its no surprise, they've been trying to do it for years. No mention of Burnley losing any of their best players or Dyche leaving, but that's because they have Burnley fans working for them.

I'm boycotting the Telegraph and I couldn't care less if/when it goes out of circulation after their appalling treatment of Rovers.

Stopped buying it yonks ago..it has failed Rovers fans big time...

Archived