• Billy Davies
    • Keith Hill
    • Alan Stubbs
    • Gareth Ainsworth
    • Alan Irvine
    • Paul Jewell
    • Phil Parkinson
    • Uwe Rosler

Coyle is an excellent motivator, the football he played at Burnley was more gung-ho more than anything, however he made the players and the rest of the club feel 'united'.

Burnley fans were disapponted after he left because he made himself the figurehead of the club. He talked of building a legacy, following an ethos of recruiting young, hungry players and looking to the long term stability of the club. Then he left for Bolton and took all the coaching staff with him and signed the players he was going to sign for Burnley - Holden, Weiss and Jack Wiltshire. Players who might (...might) have secured survival.

He was doing a great job.

But it's his record afterwards that's ropey - he had resources at Bolton but took them down and at Wigan he had very little impact and failed.

He will tow the party line, he won't complain publicly, he will lift morale, he will bring attacking football... But looking at his previous records, I think there are much better options.

God knows how he managed it a Burnley but it's proved to be an out of the blue exception to everything he's done since. Gary Bowyer if he'd been bold might well have got Rovers up a few seasons ago if he'd applied an all out logic to it. Sometimes it just happens but it doesn't mean the guy is a football genius just that certain things come together.

Cotterill, Howe etc have proved better all round managers than Coyle but they struggled somewhat in Dingle land for whatever reason.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The delay is probably down to them seeking advice from elsewhere yet again like Kamy suggestion yesterday.

Probably they didnt like the shortlist in the end or have change the mind on what type of manager they want now yet again. Or cant decide between themselves yet again.

When is Cheston back from holiday? Is this the reason for a delay in an announcement?

He's only at Filey. It's not the end of the Earth. Surely he's contactable if the owners want to appoint or interview somebody.

God knows how he managed it a Burnley but it's proved to be an out of the blue exception to everything he's done since. Gary Bowyer if he'd been bold might well have got Rovers up a few seasons ago if he'd applied an all out logic to it. Sometimes it just happens but it doesn't mean the guy is a football genius just that certain things come together.

Cotterill, Howe etc have proved better all round managers than Coyle but they struggled somewhat in Dingle land for whatever reason.

Cotterill was OK, he had his hands tied financially and had to keep selling star players to keep the club afloat after the ITV Digital collapse. Burnley flirted with the playoffs under Cotterill but didn't have the strength in the squad to make a proper challenge.

Coyle brought in a positive mind set that took Burnley over the line and were secretly playing under a transfer embargo because of unpaid installments to Manchester United for Chris Eagles.

Burnley were treading-water under Eddie Howe, but he bought players such as Charlie Austin, Danny Ings, Keiran Trippier and Ben Mee.

Coyle rode the crest of the wave and the season in Premier League was ad-hoc - the mindset was just score goals and let the defence sort itself out - hence getting hammered away from home every week.... How wet pundits applauded Coyle for 'giving it a good go'... Doesn't get you results though.

I think I described Coyle at the time as just 'tub thumper' or drum beater so i'll stand by that. He just shouts a lot apparently and is a big advocate of the 'positive' mindset like scumbag Kean and agent Anderson. It's great if things are going in the right direction but it quickly just turns into a form of complete denial when it isn't as Burnley saw with Coyle in the Prem.

He had nothing else too him except trying to motivate and was able to hide behind giving it a go. His record suggests he's good at relegation !

Pains me to say this but I would take Coyle over Joyce if those were the only two options,

I'd take bin laden over chimp head

Cotterill was OK, he had his hands tied financially and had to keep selling star players to keep the club afloat after the ITV Digital collapse. Burnley flirted with the playoffs under Cotterill but didn't have the strength in the squad to make a proper challenge.

Coyle brought in a positive mind set that took Burnley over the line and were secretly playing under a transfer embargo because of unpaid installments to Manchester United for Chris Eagles.

Burnley were treading-water under Eddie Howe, but he bought players such as Charlie Austin, Danny Ings, Keiran Trippier and Ben Mee.

Coyle rode the crest of the wave and the season in Premier League was ad-hoc - the mindset was just score goals and let the defence sort itself out - hence getting hammered away from home every week.... How wet pundits applauded Coyle for 'giving it a good go'... Doesn't get you results though.

Go back to carrot mad..

I think I described Coyle at the time as just 'tub thumper' or drum beater so i'll stand by that. He just shouts a lot apparently and is a big advocate of the 'positive' mindset like scumbag Kean and agent Anderson. It's great if things are going in the right direction but it quickly just turns into a form of complete denial when it isn't as Burnley saw with Coyle in the Prem.

He had nothing else too him except trying to motivate and was able to hide behind giving it a go. His record suggests he's good at relegation !

That's pretty much spot on

The delay is probably down to them seeking advice from elsewhere yet again like Kamy suggestion yesterday.

Probably they didnt like the shortlist in the end or have change the mind on what type of manager they want now yet again. Or cant decide between themselves yet again.

The delay is probably down to them being uncontactable again whilst they amuse themselves doing other things safe in the knowledge it's not costing them a managers summer wages.

Know it's too late now, but I still think we missed a trick with Paulo Sousa.

He did well at Swansea and laid the foundations for their promotion to the PL, had a wobble at Leicester but he was only there five minutes. Now he's doing the business in Florence and has turned a certain Nikola Kalinic into a top-level striker.

Heck, he might have even got something out of our Portugeezers.

I think the coyle and McLeish stories are just total fabrications from lazy journos looking to fill a bit of space or managers agents desperately trying to drum up interest in their clients. I think the job but now has been offeed to one of the original group of names from the shortlist and if accepted its accepted things will gwt rapped up as soon as lord cheston is back from his hols.

P.s. sorry i know my oprimism ia going against rhe grain on hwre lately, but thats just the way im feeling in general lately so tuff :P

An appointment shrouded in secrecy.

Only to be the most underwhelming appointment in history.

Maybe all the Venky cardinals are locked away in Pune, aping a secret conclave, but no divine inspiration is ever coming their way. No white smoke-just the black stuff with lots of mirrors...

The Burnley fans I know don't have much good to say about him. He doesn't impress me either but then beggars can't be choosers. I'm getting sick of the length of time this is getting dragged out too

That's probably the idea. They know we are anxious for news given that the pre-season awaits and we are way off a full squad.

In the end we'll be happy with anyone so long as the wait is over.

That and the views of those who really count.

If you like the lads to get 3 days off a week, play head tennis all day and get a Maccies for their pre match meal the Coyle is your guy. Clueless.

I'm no fan of Coyle but you don't get a team promoted to the Premiership if you're clueless Mani, but i get your point on his draconian methods.

His links to certain agencies make him the ideal candidate for the job at our place though, I wouldn't rule him out.

He may well have heard of taxis. Or have a friend that drives. Or have £1.80 for the bus. Regardless I like your thinking.

Causes him stress and let's him know he isn't wanted on day 1. Will also get press attention.

Its now day 23 in the Blackburn Rovers House so lets take a view of what's happened so far.

Chaddy and Nicko have had a fall out over the lack of twitter exchanges and what gossip headline to nurture some good feeling amongst the Blackburn supporters.

Kamy aka Northern Rover has an Indian death squad after him after he has politely refused to name the worm that is eating away at the Venky's undercarriage.

Abbey is still suffering from thrombosis and has been offered multiple courses in anger management.

Mercerman is in the corner scrutinising every potential better set of odds on who is getting the gig at Ewood.

Vinjay is on a love in with the BRFCS board having under gone a lobotomy as well as finally realising that everyone is entitled to a view.

TJ Hooker is seeking solace in the form of a psychiatric doctor having lost the recent communication line with Abbey.

Glen Mullan can now walk safely in the knowledge that the target on his back has finally been removed (He was right you know).

Preston Blue is under the watch of the MI5 and other multiple security agencies worldwide after his recent application submission. (Better watch yourself Captain !).

Mhead becomes a multimillionaire after his recent business proposals on protests, his scarf idea takes off and he is just counting his beans so that he can merge with Seneca and removes the ignorant, incompetent, idiotic, imbecilious Venkys from the perch as the owners of BRFC.

Nicko pulls the rabbit out of the bag with the breaking news on the incoming Rovers manager. It isn't broken through Chaddy/Kamy or Vinjay instead it reaches the media via the burger van operator outside the Blackburn End who manage to get himself a franchise from the nearby Maccy D's after it was closed to the venkys infestation (yes venkys you are nothing more than a set of stinking rats).

A bit of light hearted humour on a boring Bank Holiday.....

I'm no fan of Coyle but you don't get a team promoted to the Premiership if you're clueless Mani, but i get your point on his draconian methods.

Not sure that was the implication AT ALL.

Archived