BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting

I was at Wembley on Sunday watching Hereford FC (The Phoenix Hereford United). A large banner was held up which simply stated 'We needed help and got F.A." It's quite fitting on this thread as well.

It's not the Football Authorities remit though Ricky to interfere in the running of privately owned football Clubs however incompetently an individual set of owners may be running it.

Not read this thread in detail but it appears certain people still can't accept that basic fact 5 years on.

What does it matter now how much Steve Kean was paid? What does it matter whether or not there was a written contract in existence for someone to manage the Club on behalf of owners who let's face it had no previous experience of running a sports franchise?

As long as it was the v's money that paid for the Club then they're free subject to certain rules and regulations to do with it what they want after that. As far as I'm aware there's not the slightest bit of evidence ever come to light that they're not the actual owners so unless that happens I can't see the point in obsessing over events that happened years ago.

As another poster said above, the people that had the opportunity to prevent all this were the Walker Trust. They were the custodians of Jack's estate and also had the resources to conduct a nuts and bolts due diligence on the Venky's. Perhaps they thought that whilst there would be initial teething problems whilst the new owners got to grips with running a football club, we'd ultimately be safe in the hands of billionaires. Or perhaps I'm being overly generous and they couldn't wait to get us out of their hair and their hands on the 23m asking price.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not the Football Authorities remit though Ricky to interfere in the running of privately owned football Clubs however incompetently an individual set of owners may be running it.

Not read this thread in detail but it appears certain people still can't accept that basic fact 5 years on.

What does it matter now how much Steve Kean was paid? What does it matter whether or not there was a written contract in existence for someone to manage the Club on behalf of owners who let's face it had no previous experience of running a sports franchise?

As long as it was the v's money that paid for the Club then they're free subject to certain rules and regulations to do with it what they want after that. As far as I'm aware there's not the slightest bit of evidence ever come to light that they're not the actual owners so unless that happens I can't see the point in obsessing over events that happened years ago.

As another poster said above, the people that had the opportunity to prevent all this were the Walker Trust. They were the custodians of Jack's estate and also had the resources to conduct a nuts and bolts due diligence on the Venky's. Perhaps they thought that whilst there would be initial teething problems whilst the new owners got to grips with running a football club, we'd ultimately be safe in the hands of billionaires. Or perhaps I'm being overly generous and they couldn't wait to get us out of their hair and their hands on the 23m asking price.

I think you will find that the FA can interfere in the running of the clubs if wrong doing is suspected or proven.

No. They are not.

They have not bought a business, a car or a toy. They have bought a football club, and with that comes an intrinsic responsibility to the football club's fans.

I find it so so disappointing to hear you talking about the club as an object.

They are no more allowed to 'do what they like' than the owner of a pet, or the guardian of a child.

If you don't understand this basic premise then you do not, repeat, DO NOT buy a football club.

No. They are not.

They have not bought a business, a car or a toy. They have bought a football club, and with that comes an intrinsic responsibility to the football club's fans.

They are no more allowed to 'do what they like' than the owner of a pet, or the guardian of a child.

If you don't understand this basic premise then you do not, repeat, DO NOT buy a football club

Come off it Stuart, I'm not saying I'm happy with what they've done but you're talking as a fan of the Club not objectively there.

Would your reply be the same if I was talking about whether the authorities should intervene in the incompetent (but not illegal) running of any other Club? I couldn't care less if any other Club went bust, in fact it it was one local to us, so much the better. Less competition for us.

Come off it Stuart, I'm not saying I'm happy with what they've done but you're talking as a fan of the Club not objectively there.

Would your reply be the same if I was talking about whether the authorities should intervene in the incompetent (but not illegal) running of any other Club? I couldn't care less if any other Club went bust, in fact it it was one local to us, so much the better. Less competition for us.

Directors responsibilities

Of course I'm talking as a fan, Rev! That's what I am!! And Vebkys should recognise that fact instead of acting as though we aren't important.

Don't you think I empathise with the Charlton, Portsmouth, Plymouth, Coventry fans?

Football is football, business is business. The two don't mix well.

So in your opinion are Venkys still in bed with Kentaro, Glen?

Just seen the above. How on earth do we ever rid ourselves of this scum?

Probably only when we've gone bump.

I can see Ewood being chained up soon.

No. They are not.

If you don't understand this basic premise then you do not, repeat, DO NOT buy a football club.

What if its being treated as baby Stuart? :(

Its time to put the Walker Trust issues away.

Its full on HATE THE VENKYS time and this is the only way forward to unite the fans.

Supporters should UNITE, includes you Abbey !!

Vent the spleen, anger and hatred towards the V's

• Backroom

One simple question to be asked for me really:

"Why won't or don't you communicate with the fans?!"

It's such a simple thing but something that has failed to be done since day one that the Venky's took over. And I truly believe it would help ease tensions so much. And when I say "you" I mean anyone connected to the club FFS!! The Venky's have shown this week that they can release a statement when they feel like it. Why doesn't it happen more often? And if not them why can't anyone at the club step up and tell fans what the hell is going on?! Fans are quite rightly angry because of the current situation at the club and the longer the silence continues the more worried people get and the vicious circle continues.

How many fans would be happier if they heard this:

" We, the owners, would like to assure fans that we are fully aware of the unsatisfactory position that the club is currently in, and share fans concerns over the immediate future of the club. We can, however, inform fans that we intend to remedy this in the coming summer months in time for the start of next season. Firstly and foremost, the recruitment process will be completed by the start of the Euro 2016 Tournament on the 10th June and a new manager of Blackburn Rovers will be appointed. We intend this appointment to be the best candidate available, some-one with experience and determination to help get the club back to the top tier, and some-one we intend to be a long term custodian of the team over the coming years.

The numbers of playing staff on the books are currently way under required levels and with this in mind the new manager is to be given a modest budget and tasked with rebuilding and re-modelling the squad in order to formulate a competitive team for next season. This will involve a mixture of free transfers and loans along with some permanent signings but we intend all the players signed to be of sufficient quality in order to be a useful asset to the first team during our next Championship campaign. It's anticipated that the squad should include a minimum of 25 players by the end of July.

We are confident that once these deadlines are met and the tasks concluded, Blackburn Rovers Football Club will be in a strong position to compete with the top half of the Championship next season. Whilst it's always difficult to predict league positions going into a new season, we feel this club should and will be capable of finishing the season in a play-off position at the very least, and will certainly do all in our power to ensure the team does not repeat it's recent visits to the lower end of the table, which included relegation fears, as this is not a place we feel the club should be in.

Our aim is to rebuild this club and begin a journey back to the top level of the English football leagues. It will be a long and testing time, but one we feel is achievable once the right staff are in position and we would urge the fans to continue their longstanding and loyal support. "

How hard is that to do?! It's not rocket science. It's not promising the earth, very reasonable and relatively modest targets but would put the fanbase at ease that at least something was getting done, rather than at the moment the worry that literally no-one gives a toss that the club is sliding toward oblivion.

You then have your remit all ready for the manager. There you go, here's a budget, you've got a month and a half to complete the squad, and you know your aims - stay mid-table, hopefully in reach of play-offs, do not slip towards the bottom. And let's have a crack at sneaking in 5th or 6th at end of the season and you just never know.

There's only 2 reasons I can see for the owners not to make a statement along those lines:

1. They can't even back up those simple aims so wouldn't dare verbalise them. Highly worrying.

2. Both the owners and the club management team view the fans with such contempt and disdain they don't feel they deserve to be communicated with and told about future plans for the club. Highly anger inducing.

Actually just realised there's an option 3.- Both of number 1 and 2. Just shoot me now!!!!

Hi,

As some of you may or may not be aware, last week I managed to acquire some contacts details for Suhail Pasha, or Suhail Sheikh (his real name). I left a couple of messages with Mr Pasha, not really expecting a reply. However I received a reply yesterday and also received a message from Mr Gill, I am confident this will result in a meeting/interview over the next week or so.

Therefore what I now want is some potential questions, yes of course I could come up with my own set of questions however I want this to be a voice for the Rovers fans and not all about me. Please though, sensible questions.

Fire away ladies and Gents.

Were Venky's made aware that over £300 Millions of Income could be coming in to the club over the first 5 years of their ownership? Have the checked if this money has been spent wisely?

Venkys don't communicate with us because:

We are underlings

They don't run the club, they pay others to do it

They know nothing about football or Blackburn and care even less

They have no plans, they are winging it depending on the latest advice

They know we wouldn't believe them anyway.

Archived