BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Article -> New Rovers Manager

I dont think anyone WANTS to go down tgat route and most of us have resisted as long as we can. Ive refused to buy a season ticket twice so far, when kean wasnt potted following relegation and at the start of last season when i really could take no more, but in each case ivw come back as soon as things looked even marginally different. Staying away is not easy. We all want to be there watching Rovers. Its what we do. But different people have different levels of tolerance. I cant bear watching the current set up. I cant stand being disappointed by every aspect of the club week in, week out and paying money to do that. Our club is hopeless and helpless and i really cant be part of that. Venkys and whoever advises them have taken away any sense of anticipation, any excitement, any enthusiasm, any joy in winning, and made most of my weeks since they took over miserable and bleak. Some people can cope with that by lowering expectations, switching off their emotions or just clinging doggedly to the hope that things will change. Ive done that most weeks till now but i cant keep it up any longer. Does that make me less of a fan? I want the best for Rovers. Ill still care but i cant watch it happening any more.

No, it doesn't make you less of a fan. I think you sum up the situation perfectly..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Expect a relegation battle with a dreadful atmosphere at ewood and a return to infighting amongst fans

Return?!

It's sad to come on here from time to time and see the usual "BLAME THE FANS" lot actually blame fans. Really sad. There is an absolute intolerance of anyone who is looking at positives, and they're almost being blamed for our plight as much as Venkys are. Everybody has opinions, but intolerance of them and turning it into personal attacks on here is just plain sad to see.

TTFN

I dont think anyone WANTS to go down tgat route and most of us have resisted as long as we can. Ive refused to buy a season ticket twice so far, when kean wasnt potted following relegation and at the start of last season when i really could take no more, but in each case ivw come back as soon as things looked even marginally different. Staying away is not easy. We all want to be there watching Rovers. Its what we do. But different people have different levels of tolerance. I cant bear watching the current set up. I cant stand being disappointed by every aspect of the club week in, week out and paying money to do that. Our club is hopeless and helpless and i really cant be part of that. Venkys and whoever advises them have taken away any sense of anticipation, any excitement, any enthusiasm, any joy in winning, and made most of my weeks since they took over miserable and bleak. Some people can cope with that by lowering expectations, switching off their emotions or just clinging doggedly to the hope that things will change. Ive done that most weeks till now but i cant keep it up any longer. Does that make me less of a fan? I want the best for Rovers. Ill still care but i cant watch it happening any more.

I understand your position but the fact fans choose to continue watching doesn't mean we condone the current regime as some seem to think.

Aren't you the same man who advocated pitch invasions? :blink:

Yep, worked well years ago and shows a certain passion that is missing these days.

It only does the club more damage by staying away because it's an all or nothing strategy. The 'clappers' (still including you) are part of the reason that boycotts will never work.

That being the case we are in Catch-22 because neither set of fans will work together. The clappers won't stay away for even a few minutes to make a point, and the boycotters won't go back because, one, they don't want to watch Venkys continue to destroy the club and, two, they won't want to support the regime and those fans that they see as undermining any boycott.

Notice the change though since the Kean days: then it was Rovers Fans and tremblers. Now it's clappers (no longer happy) and boycotters (no longer there to tremble). Sad times.

Seeing as you continue to use infantile labels which one applies to you ?

Chaddy you are clearly are venky lover who just goes because its a Saturday afternoon out, you couldn't give a toss if the club folded next week

Yet again another poster trying to judge someone they dont even know yet again.

Venky lover? Thats a new one, grow up for abit you pathetic person. Why have ever said Venkys are great or anything??? Evidence?

I go to watch my club cos thats what I want to do and Cos I am passionate diehard Rovers fan who has been a season ticket holder for years and years. So why dont you give up trying to judge people and stop the personal attacks and insults!!!

Yep, worked well years ago and shows a certain passion that is missing these days.

Ah, so boycotting is damaging to the club, but a good old-fashioned pitch invasion isn't?

I can't stand the sight of his face all over everything right now. I can't go to the website let alone the ground.

Right now I look forward to nothing with the club. We have owners that shouldn't be allowed to buy any English football team, a terrible manager to remind us every day how the tables have turned and half a squad.

Thank you, to the FA. There is nothing fit and proper.

I love the article in the LET about OC this morning...the most positive thing his previous employers at Houston can muster is that he is 'good at picking up the players after defeat'. That is a seriously damning indictment. I figure this skill may well come in handy next season.

Amazing reading the comments on the LT, they almost seem to be revelling in the fact that we've no cash, that FFP is great, that Lambert 'wasted the Rhodes money' :wacko:, that Coyle is a 'refreshing change'.

Certainly the yin to brfcs.com's yang.

Serious question, Gaz or OC?

Gaz for me anyday.

Gaz all day every day, only reason he struggled is because he had to sell all his best players and had his hands tied when trying to replace them.

Coyle is just a stooge, dancing to the Indian beat.

Amazing reading the comments on the LT, they almost seem to be revelling in the fact that we've no cash, that FFP is great, that Lambert 'wasted the Rhodes money' :wacko:, that Coyle is a 'refreshing change'.

Certainly the yin to brfcs.com's yang.

Accepting mediocrity? Operation dumbing down of Blackburn Rovers is nearing completion.

Accepting mediocrity? Operation dumbing down of Blackburn Rovers is nearing completion.

There is still a way to go yet, but I am sure Desai and the Rao's along with their new appointment the candyman will be closer to it at the end of the season

Fair play Gav ..again not a dig ..but just wondering why its taken so long for those advocating boycott are/still attending after six years ..the owners havent changed .

BTW Gav ..ive family who were actually on the pitch and in the boardroom in the late 1800s ..so not so easy for me either ..

Desptite if its taken fans this long or not is a totally pointless conversation to have because it wont change peoples stand points. In fact, it will probably result in arguments. For the sake of it though, this is the lowest point under Venkys ownership which has resulted in many peoples final straw, also some people didnt want to boycott or protest for fear that that they would be painted as the bad guys whilst the team has been trying to get out of this league. Now it has become apparent that the 'owners' arent trying to get out of this league, are losing good managers, selling our better players, have no playing staff, no board and only until days ago no manager... People are choosing to walk away from them and rightly so.

• Backroom

Slade appointed at Charlton

Another one who's seemingly a glutton for punishment. Saying that, it's becoming harder as time goes on to find clubs who don't have crackpot owners.

I honestly believe that the V's could do absolutely anything to us (re-appoint Kean, publicly name JA our CEO, put a statue up of Shebby Singh etc.) and some fans would still suck it up and spin a positive around it.

There's s certain few for sure on here who would .. As long as Nixon said it was ok

Archived