BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Where Will Rovers Finish This Season 16/17

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Racing Post had their 72 page pre-season pull out today.

They point out that every year the squad gets worse, we sell players and do not replace. Two of their recomended bets for the Championship are

:- Rovers to be relegated

:- Rovers to finish below Preston.

This season is going to be a car cash,starting Saturday.

Racing Post had their 72 page pre-season pull out today.

They point out that every year the squad gets worse, we sell players and do not replace. Two of their recomended bets for the Championship are

:- Rovers to be relegated

:- Rovers to finish below Preston.

This season is going to be a car cash,starting Saturday.

If we do go down I hope Preston join us

http://www.thefootballab.co.uk/2016/blackburn-rovers-season-preview-financial-mismanagement/

The Football Lab.........."I managed to call Bolton and MK Dons in the relegation race last year and also backed Blackburn. I’ve yet to find any solid reasoning not to include Rovers again this time following an uninspiring management arrival and the lack of a Jordan Rhodes leading their line."

"After seasons of dull football and financial mismanagement, discontent at Blackburn Rovers has increased further after the controversial appointment of Coyle. Hanley’s departure means relegation looms. 22nd"

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/flw-writers-predict-the-ups-and-downs-in-the-201617-sky-bet-championship-season/

Blackburn Rovers – Losing Grant Hanley will be a bitter blow to their survival chances, a non ambitious appointment in Owen Coyle and no real firepower upfront makes me think they are destined for the drop.
Blackburn – I think Blackburn are in real trouble this season. They were poor last season, and I think a full season without Jordan Rhodes will see them slip into a relegation battle.
I think Owen Coyle is a terrible manager and an awful pick to replace Paul Lambert, and though they’ve made some decent signings, I have no faith that they’ll stay up.
I also think that Blackburn may find themselves in trouble due to a lack of defensive players which may see them leak goals
Blackburn are simply uninspiring at the moment. Last season their squad was decimated by the sales of Tom Cairney, Joshua King, Jordan Rhodes, Marcus Olsson, and Rudy Gestede with no suitable replacements coming in.
Blackburn are in a downward spiral and I’m not convinced by Owen Coyle

• Moderation Lead

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14659784._Rollercoaster_ride_and_raised_blood_pressure____Blackburn_Rovers_fans_deliver_verdict_on_the_season_ahead/#pid=5339&dmpenabled=true&csenabled=true&d=tFh7vj94fuNYalwxdH_-zt2LwrxJAg7wf7VgjYd01XhtG-xQsecFLyDpzDx9ijq8- think this may have been posted elsewhere, but it seemed fitting here.

My favourite was this one- midtable, hopefully flirt with play offs. Don't get the negativity. Nowhere near relegation.

Hell fire, someone has their blinkers on. :blink:

See two posts up ;)

I dont think i can bring myself to read... There's a good amount of fans left that have their heads up their arse. I'm open to other peoples views but a lot of those who comment on the LT are just so far removed from my point of view, they dont understand and many dont have the intelegence to think about the bigger picture. Not all of them of course but many of them in my experience.

I dont think i can bring myself to read... There's a good amount of fans left that have their heads up their arse. I'm open to other peoples views but a lot of those who comment on the LT are just so far removed from my point of view, they dont understand and many dont have the intelegence to think about the bigger picture. Not all of them of course but many of them in my experience.

For exhibit A read the comments on the LT site on Lowe being captain on Saturday. Utterly clueless doesn't even get near it. One actually says he's on the way to becoming a club legend.

For exhibit A read the comments on the LT site on Lowe being captain on Saturday. Utterly clueless doesn't even get near it. One actually says he's on the way to becoming a club legend.

I mean who wouldn't want him to be? Seriously though who can actually come out with something like that and mean it? Especially in comparison to legends like Tugay, Douglas, Shearer, Duff, Friedel etc... I'd like to ask that person what they think Lowe's defining characteristic as a footballer is, passing? Tackling? Goal scoring? Set pieces? Or is it the harsh reality that he isn't exceptionally good at anything? That sounds like I'm being really harsh but it's just what I see, a player not particularly good at anything. I'd love nothing more than him to prove me wrong of course.

A good start is essential if we're going to survive. If we start badly I can see us going into total meltdown as we don't have anyone at the club to turn things around. Clubs who are in disarray usually go down so no surprise that the pundits see us as candidates for the drop, I agree with them.

So anyone who doesn't share your few hasn't got the intelligence to realise that they are wrong and you are right. And you wonder why the fanbase remains split? At the end of the day Neal people view things differently. Everyone is entitled to their view on the situation at Ewood and ought to have that view respected. When you start to insult people you have lost the argument.

• Moderation Lead

People can think as they like, Parson, but nobody can possibly think we've one of the best squads in the league surely? We haven't even got a full squad!!

People can think as they like, Parson, but nobody can possibly think we've one of the best squads in the league surely? We haven't even got a full squad!!

That wasn't my point. It was the fact that anyone who wants to think with any sort of positivity - and heaven knows why they would - but Neal is branding them as not having the intelligence to see things as he sees them. If the board is going to resort to allowing folk to be insulted for daring to think differently from the majority then fair enough - you're a mod so that's your call.

Lord Of The Pies 10:01pm Thu 4 Aug 16

The most interesting factor in all of this is that Coyle has clearly run the rule over a number of candidates and shown faith in one of our own. Good on Coyle and Good Luck Jason. Potentially another True Blue Legend. Captains are not always the most gifted but his heart is in the club and his blood runs blue.

The most interesting factor in all of this is that Coyle has clearly run the rule over a number of candidates and shown faith in one of our own. Good on Coyle and Good Luck Jason. Potentially another True Blue Legend. Captains are not always the most gifted but his heart is in the club and his blood runs blue.

err

True Blue Legend? :)

Like Derek Faz, Glenn Keeley, Noel, Scotty, Garner, Parkes?

Or Speedie, Newell, Flowers and Hendry?

Shearer, Sutton, Friedal, Nelsen, Tugay?

Although I don't dive all over Lowe like some of our fans, he is hardly the stuff of legend and unlikely to be going forward either. The spin at times surrounding football is staggering and we have been victims of a lot of it.

So anyone who doesn't share your few hasn't got the intelligence to realise that they are wrong and you are right. And you wonder why the fanbase remains split? At the end of the day Neal people view things differently. Everyone is entitled to their view on the situation at Ewood and ought to have that view respected. When you start to insult people you have lost the argument.

Totally twisted that Parson. I didn't say "anyone" i said "Not all of them of course but many of them in my experience". That's just my opinion, based on what I read and what I've experienced in my time protesting. It might come across as abrasive but frankly I don't care, I'm just expressing how I feel with no real point... Therefore no argument to be won or lost.

I of course agree everyone is entitled to their views but I highly question many supporters ability to think for themselves rather than just swallow the excrement that comes out of the club day after day, month after month, season after season. When I read the LT comments, twitter etc... I can't help but feel this way.

Rovers fan's are the second least optimistic according to a poll. Only Rotherham fans are less optimistic, but they've got a chairman and have spent some money, which we can't lay claim to.

3rd least are Ipswich who have one of the best managers going in this league.

Archived