SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

What other options do we have? Are you protesting? 

The venkys have destroyed the club and it's going to get worse. Regarding the manager Coyle should of never been given the job in the 1st place. We had the chance of Warnock but we screwed it over, messed up with Lambert because the funds did not turn up. BUT any of these managers would of done a far better job then what Coyle is doing now, he's taking us down and probably does not care less because he's still getting paid.

Just now, Athlete said:

Talking down lol take your ball home and grow up 

Like I said the last 6 years or so it's as if they haven't happened with the likes of you 

How did we end up with Coyle when Warnock ( who you didn't want or like) was ready for the gig 

Now we've the repeat of the shebby kean show 

Take your blue and white specs off Chaddy 

We all know what gone on in the past 6 years. We all keep going on about it on here all the time. Yet again another problem on here with you is no respect cos I look at things from a different point of view or aspect and not always negative view. And yes you do have abality to talk down to people when they dont agree with you..

No I wanted Grayson or Monk or Sherwood. 1st 2 have been really good this season. Sherwood has been awful at Swindon. 

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We all know what gone on in the past 6 years. We all keep going on about it on here all the time. Yet again another problem on here with you is no respect cos I look at things from a different point of view or aspect and not always negative view. And yes you do have abality to talk down to people when they dont agree with you..

No I wanted Grayson or Monk or Sherwood. 1st 2 have been really good this season. Sherwood has been awful at Swindon. 

Well if you know what's gone on why give another chancer a chance.. Lol

Go get a pne season ticket then cos there's no way Grayson would come here 

You're problem is you want everyone to agree with you yet you support no action and change your mind in a flash 

Btw take your ball home 

I think we underestimated how big a loss Hanley and Duffy would be. Even though Duffy was hounded out of the club by some rovers fans I would put in the moron category. He isn't doing too bad though, is he? Promotion and probably in the team of the season. Classic Blackburn, sorry, Rovers fans at the moment. 

On my point though,  we replaced Hanley and Duffy with Greer and Brown. Two frees with a combined aged of 73. I mean, looking back that was a disastrous series of events. 

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think we underestimated how big a loss Hanley and Duffy would be. Even though Duffy was hounded out of the club by some rovers fans I would put in the moron category. He isn't doing too bad though, is he? Promotion and probably in the team of the season. Classic Blackburn, sorry, Rovers fans at the moment. 

On my point though,  we replaced Hanley and Duffy with Greer and Brown. Two frees with a combined aged of 73. I mean, looking back that was a disastrous series of events. 

Duffy has always had his strengths (in the air) but massive weaknesses (on the deck), the attitude of him and his family towards the end were nothing short of disgraceful and nobody will ever convince me that there wasn't an element of intention in that Cardiff game.

I don't see how he was hounded out other than some abuse on twitter which happens at every club, usually by folk that could barely describe themselves as fans.

9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Whilst I agree with the big loss of those two players the hounded out by rovers fans is absolute rubbish. They where both hounded out by the club not the fans just like the other quality players that have gone out the door.

Just now, Tom said:

Duffy has always had his strengths (in the air) but massive weaknesses (on the deck), the attitude of him and his family towards the end were nothing short of disgraceful and nobody will ever convince me that there wasn't an element of intention in that Cardiff game.

I don't see how he was hounded out other than some abuse on twitter which happens at every club, usually by folk that could barely describe themselves as fans.

I don't think he was hounded out either and also find it hard to believes that what he did at Cardiff was accidental. I don't think I have ever known that type of thing to happen ever in football, to be honest, so he was bound to get a bad reaction to it. What will be gut wrenching, is if we end up going down by a point, or on goal difference, as those tow own goals could have made all the difference.

Just now, 1arC said:

I don't think he was hounded out either and also find it hard to believes that what he did at Cardiff was accidental. I don't think I have ever known that type of thing to happen ever in football, to be honest, so he was bound to get a bad reaction to it. What will be gut wrenching, is if we end up going down by a point, or on goal difference, as those tow own goals could have made all the difference.

Just now, Tom said:

Agree about Duffys ability, although he is still young and learning. 

It was more than a bit of abuse on Twitter. He was public enemy number 1 as some morons(see above) were convinced he scored two own goals on purpose. When in reality he was one of our most, if not the most, committed players who would give his all and throw his body on the line. His celebration after scoring against Brentford the previous season showed what the club meant to him at that point. He know his career kick started here when he was almost put out of the game following the lacerated liver he suffered at Everton. I couldn't blame the guy for wanting to go to an ambitious side like Brighton, when we were showing none. Some of the abuse he was getting was way over the top. Looks like he made the correct decision anyway. 

Shane Duffy scored 3 own goals in less than 90 minutes of football and also got sent off. I could possibly accept that two of the goals were possibly unintentional, but no one will ever convince me that the one, he slammed into the corner of his won net at Cardiff was. I have watched it over and over again and have to say, he did that on purpose.

32 minutes ago, 1arC said:

Shane Duffy scored 3 own goals in less than 90 minutes of football and also got sent off. I could possibly accept that two of the goals were possibly unintentional, but no one will ever convince me that the one, he slammed into the corner of his won net at Cardiff was. I have watched it over and over again and have to say, he did that on purpose.

The second one? Ya,I have to say it does look bad(is a good finish). I can't think a player would do that on purpose though. If his head was that all over the place,he shouldn't have started. 

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Agree about Duffys ability, although he is still young and learning. 

It was more than a bit of abuse on Twitter. He was public enemy number 1 as some morons(see above) were convinced he scored two own goals on purpose. When in reality he was one of our most, if not the most, committed players who would give his all and throw his body on the line. His celebration after scoring against Brentford the previous season showed what the club meant to him at that point. He know his career kick started here when he was almost put out of the game following the lacerated liver he suffered at Everton. I couldn't blame the guy for wanting to go to an ambitious side like Brighton, when we were showing none. Some of the abuse he was getting was way over the top. Looks like he made the correct decision anyway. 

You were recently complaining that anyone with an alternate opinion is labelled on here. Then call myself and others morons for holding an alternative opinion, one which there is some degree of evidence for holding.

I wonder if you would feel the same if the bloke wasn't Irish and you didn't have an affinity for him.

The removal of the Jack Walker armband was another thing that didn't look to be accidental. It was just a combination of things that night that looked like an attempt to force a move.

As it is I hold no lasting bad feelings against the bloke, footballers aren't loyal, I don't even expect them to be but we had a right to be annoyed with the bloke at the time.

4 hours ago, broadsword said:

"Give 'em a chance FFS"

Heard it all before. Many, many times. It'll all come right,m if only we're patient. The masterplan will become apparent in time, if we would only get off their backs and give them time.

Well screw patience, screw giving them time. I'm all out of patience, and so should every other Rovers' fan be. Give him a chance? He's a chancer with an agent for a wife. After the last six years, I'm not going to give anyone Venky's appoint a chance.

Screw patience, screw giving them a chance, screw Coyle saying that we'll definitely get out of the drop zone zone, screw Coyle and Senior having a public argument, screw Owen Coyle's poxy monogrammed socks and touchline bahaviour, screw his boxy head, screw doughnuts, screw ping pong. But most of all, screw Venky's and Anderson.

I'm not giving any of them a chance until they all bloody well clear off, and I shan't be taking any lectures from anyone.

This is what new posters take an age to grasp. We've seen it all before and we've seen a lot of stuff that 95% of our fan base haven't seen.

Then they start with the "get behind em" rhetoric and "your all negative" (sic).

We need a pinned topic of "The Venkys Story" to help newbies catch up.

Take a ticket, have a seat and somebody will be with you shortly...

Just now, Tom said:

You were recently complaining that anyone with an alternate opinion is labelled on here. Then call myself and others morons for holding an alternative opinion, one which there is some degree of evidence for holding.

I wonder if you would feel the same if the bloke wasn't Irish and you didn't have an affinity for him.

The removal of the Jack Walker armband was another thing that didn't look to be accidental. It was just a combination of things that night that looked like an attempt to force a move.

As it is I hold no lasting bad feelings against the bloke, footballers aren't loyal, I don't even expect them to be but we had a right to be annoyed with the bloke at the time.

It seems name calling is the done thing here.

I have no problem people being against Duffy,but saying he scored deliberate own goals. I'm not having it. Look maybe I am wrong,I just can't for the life of me imagine a player would do that. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I have no problem people being against Duffy,but saying he scored deliberate own goals. I'm not having it. Look maybe I am wrong,I just can't for the life of me imagine a player would do that. 

Did you see them? That header was a bullet.

3 hours ago, Athlete said:

Well if you know what's gone on why give another chancer a chance.. Lol

Go get a pne season ticket then cos there's no way Grayson would come here 

You're problem is you want everyone to agree with you yet you support no action and change your mind in a flash 

Btw take your ball home 

I'm a Rovers fan not a PNE Fan.

Actually I dont want people to agree with me but have the own opinions. 

Who changed the mind? When I changed my mind by giving a full reasons why and btw I am allowed to. 

Support no action? Putting words in my mouth yet again to suit your opinion yet. SSDD. 

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Coyle is being D****** around with regards to signing his own players. Yes, he could and probably should have walked away after January. At the same time, leaving would mean him losing out on the remainder of his contract. I am not sure many people would do that. 

The club is a mess because of how the owners communicate and delegate funds. You could have the best manager and best director of football here and the results would be the same. They are running the club in the same manner they run their chicken business. The thing with the chicken game is that there are no vultures flying around. Unlike football. 

Agreed that the owners are the root cause of all the problems.

Although IMO Coyle could be replaced with someone better (it would be difficult to find many worse) and Senior deserves the abuse because if he had anything about him he wouldn't be taking money to lie to fans on behalf of the owners.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well watch them! First one, it's EASY to direct it away from goal or take under control. Second one, any striker would be genuinely proud of.

Archived