SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, JHRover said:

Coyle, like his friend Kean before him, will manage his inevitable exit to his benefit. He will go when it suits him and he is best placed to milk the positive publicity and make a claim against the club for making his position impossible by appointing Senior. Probably soon after he has blamed those nasty Blackburn fans for never giving him a fair chance just because he used to manage Burnley.

SEM house style for departures...

The time will surely come soon when players won't bother to travel to Brockhall until they have a contract in hand. So much time wasted sitting waiting for Venkys to say "no". The club's reputation amongst agents/players must be rock bottom.

• Backroom
Just now, booth said:

Is this a fact?

No - I'm 99.9% sure it's not 

Coyles interview would lead me to believe neither is coming, reading between the lines Coyle says he wants them and now it's down to Senior.

He's setting Senior up to fail and at the same time making himself an excuse.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He said "Paul" is still chatting to their agents. I would love to know what they are chatting about. 

Maybe talking about Coyle being sack and new guy coming in. 

Just now, Tom said:

No - I'm 99.9% sure it's not 

Coyles interview would lead me to believe neither is coming, reading between the lines Coyle says he wants them and now it's down to Senior.

He's setting Senior up to fail and at the same time making himself an excuse.

For Coyle, is doing alot of moaning now about transfers and his targets not being signed. Senior has been appointed to stop us signing Coyle targets and restruct the club and not over paying on players wages not worth what they are currently on. 

Also Coyle doesnt sound like his normal self today in pre match conference. Maybe he ready to walk away?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe talking about Coyle being sack and new guy coming in. 

For Coyle, is doing alot of moaning now about transfers and his targets not being signed. Senior has been appointed to stop us signing Coyle targets and restruct the club and not over paying on players wages not worth what they are currently on

Do you really believe what you've wrote.. Senior to restructure the club... I nearly spat my tea out reading that drivel 

Everyone bar you chaddy  as seen through senior including  Chris Sutton 

Just now, Athlete said:

Do you really believe what you've wrote.. Senior to restructure the club... I nearly spat my tea out reading that drivel 

Everyone bar you chaddy  as seen through senior including  Chris Sutton 

I think if he is allowed this summer by the owners we will overhaul the squad. You dont need millions but needs good scouts, good head coach/manager with the abality to get the best out of the players, plus good tactican and style/formations agreed. 

Last summer Coyle signed players that never fitted his formation or tactics. Crazy and wasted time and wages on players. 

I think if he is allowed this summer by the owners we will overhaul the squad. You dont need millions but needs good scouts, good head coach/manager with the abality to get the best out of the players, plus good tactican and style/formations agreed. 

Last summer Coyle signed players that never fitted his formation or tactics. Crazy and wasted time and wages on players. 

Chaddy honest question what makes you think senior is capable of any of that, and what in the last few years makes you believe the owners would back any of this?

Just now, chor808 said:

Chaddy honest question what makes you think senior is capable of any of that, and what in the last few years makes you believe the owners would back any of this?

Not saying Senior is capable but like I have said many times he can talk the talk but can he walk the walk. 

We know Coyle cant. Results very poor. Recruitment poor. Tactics very poor

Owners are owners. We all knew what they are like

Not saying Senior is capable but like I have said many times he can talk the talk but can he walk the walk. 

We know Coyle cant. Results very poor. Recruitment poor. Tactics very poor

Owners are owners. We all knew what they are like

Chaddy just let me know quite what recruitment you think should be happening or have happened when the total spend in 2 windows is £200k. Throw into that that we are paying buttons in wages and send me your list of who should have been here that you would have approved of with that level of budget.

That's even ignoring that Duffy , Hanley and Marshall have gone since the season started and not been replaced.

We needed a right back as an absolute minimum and they send us a Director of Football. Venkys are morons and that's where it starts and ends -the rest is just collateral damage whilst they are still here.

So, by all accounts, Rovers have offered Mahoney a new contract. £2,500 a week. He's rejected it.

I expect garbage like Wes Brown and Anthony Stokes will be on considerably more than that, the latter on a 3 year contract.

Good scouts, good manager, tactics, style. They're not on the agenda I'm afraid. As becomes more apparent the club is a farce. As has been said numerous times, evidently relegation is the plan.

Why else, which other club in our position, would persevere with this manager? Bottom three practically all season. They bring in this clown Senior as well, what the hell for? How much is he on? Who wouldn't put Seniors wage towards Mahoney's?

Nothing. Not a murmur. No pressure on Coyle here. No need to voice concern as would happen at other clubs by now. Nope, he's doing just fine thank you. Taking us down. 

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Overhaul is needed but it's a downgrade he's here for in terms of the wage bill i reckon. If he is really good at his job and throws straight dice instead of only dealing with certain agents then even a downgrade in wages might not be a disaster as half our squad are still paid way way above their ability.

However anything positive is unlikely he'll just be getting anyone out they can get a decent fee for and most out who are on 10k pwk or over. Then they'll probably just plug the holes with whatever they can get for free or loan. This summer whichever division we are in will end up being a copy of the one Blackpool had a couple of years ago. I'll stake any wager that we are struggling for a first 11 a week or two before the first game kicks off knowing how these barestwerds work.

Then imo Seniors work will be done and he'll be off. Whatever he's doing is probably commission based so he'll milk whatever he can get.

47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Can't believe your belief in the likes of senior.. Check out the owl thread listen back to the Sutton Interview.. 

What about the mythical 14 players at Wednesday lol 

Oh BTW what does Senior's wife do for a living 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

The earth is not flat. The sun does not revolve around the sun. The moon is not made of green cheese.

14 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Overhaul is needed but it's a downgrade he's here for in terms of the wage bill i reckon. If he is really good at his job and throws straight dice instead of only dealing with certain agents then even a downgrade in wages might not be a disaster as half our squad are still paid way way above their ability.

However anything positive is unlikely he'll just be getting anyone out they can get a decent fee for and most out who are on 10k pwk or over. Then they'll probably just plug the holes with whatever they can get for free or loan. This summer whichever division we are in will end up being a copy of the one Blackpool had a couple of years ago. I'll stake any wager that we are struggling for a first 11 a week or two before the first game kicks off knowing how these barestwerds work.

Then imo Seniors work will be done and he'll be off. Whatever he's doing is probably commission based so he'll milk whatever he can get.

Nailed on that we'll have 3 or 4 on the pre-season team sheets called A Triallist.

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I thought that was in New Orleans.

Where Senior should be!

i am sad to hear that as I think a central 3 in midfield in whatever shape comprising Evans , Guthrie and Mulgrew would our best 3 for that job withprobably Mahoney and Gallagher/ Bennett wide with Emnes interchanging with Gallagher for the front role

1 hour ago, TBTF said:

Chaddy just let me know quite what recruitment you think should be happening or have happened when the total spend in 2 windows is £200k. Throw into that that we are paying buttons in wages and send me your list of who should have been here that you would have approved of with that level of budget.

That's even ignoring that Duffy , Hanley and Marshall have gone since the season started and not been replaced.

We needed a right back as an absolute minimum and they send us a Director of Football. Venkys are morons and that's where it starts and ends -the rest is just collateral damage whilst they are still here.

Look at the job Grayson has done at PNE and not spending money and just free transfers and loans. 

Coyle cant copy Grayson because he isnt good enough. I mention Grayson this summer a number of times for this job. 

Ive been mentioning players all last summer we should have been signing. 

I mention Matty Taylor from Bristol Rovers who was available on a free transfer last summer before he signed a new deal there. Now at Bristol City

Keeper- McGovern signed Norwich. free transfer.

re-sign Eastwood. Now at Oxford.

Henderson signed for Forest. Free

Left Back- Joe Bennett signed for Cardiff. free transfer.

Traore signed for Forest free

Wingers- Holliett signed for Cardiff. free

Callum Robinson signed for Preston. free transfer

Centre back- Egan signed for Brentford free transfer.

Baptiste on loan at Preston

Right back- Vermijl signed for Preston

Centre mid- Murphy on loan at Burton from Leeds.

Swift signed for Reading from Chelsea. free transfer.

Nick Powell. signed for Wigan. free transfer

Striker- Aluko, signed for Fulham. free transfer

1 hour ago, bob fleming said:

So, by all accounts, Rovers have offered Mahoney a new contract. £2,500 a week. He's rejected it.

I expect garbage like Wes Brown and Anthony Stokes will be on considerably more than that, the latter on a 3 year contract.

Good scouts, good manager, tactics, style. They're not on the agenda I'm afraid. As becomes more apparent the club is a farce. As has been said numerous times, evidently relegation is the plan.

Why else, which other club in our position, would persevere with this manager? Bottom three practically all season. They bring in this clown Senior as well, what the hell for? How much is he on? Who wouldn't put Seniors wage towards Mahoney's?

Nothing. Not a murmur. No pressure on Coyle here. No need to voice concern as would happen at other clubs by now. Nope, he's doing just fine thank you. Taking us down. 

Brown and Stokes shouldnt have been signed and on their wages is just plain stupid and pathetic. 

Mahoney should have been part of the squad all season long.

Coyle signed Samuelsen, Hendrie, Byrne, Stokes, Brown, Greer and possibly Feeney whilst ignoring the Keeper and Right back problems we had. 

32 minutes ago, Athlete said:

Can't believe your belief in the likes of senior.. Check out the owl thread listen back to the Sutton Interview.. 

What about the mythical 14 players at Wednesday lol 

Oh BTW what does Senior's wife do for a living 

Ive heard the Sutton interview twice btw. Hes brutal and open with his opinions. Just like his Warburton comments for the past months. 

Im fully aware of his wife and her job.  

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I've been mentioning players all last summer we should have been signing. 

You also recommended Steele in roughly the same way. You went on for ages about him and he's cack. Why should we concern ourselves with your keeper tips?

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Look at the job Grayson has done at PNE and not spending money and just free transfers and loans. 

Coyle cant copy Grayson because he isnt good enough. I mention Grayson this summer a number of times for this job. 

I mention Matty Taylor from Bristol Rovers who was available on a free transfer last summer before he signed a new deal there. Now at Bristol City

Brown and Stokes shouldnt have been signed and on their wages is just plain stupid and pathetic. 

Coyle signed Samuelsen, Hendrie, Byrne, Stokes, Brown, Greer and possibly Feeney whilst ignoring the Keeper and Right back problems we had. 

Ive heard the Sutton interview twice btw. Hes brutal and open with his opinions. Just like his Warburton comments for the past months. 

How can you truly trust a guy who clearly was very economical with the truth in his interview.. Did you not take note what the Wednesday fan says.. 

As for Warburton sutton clearly right a very honest pundit tells it like it is.. Unlike some I'd mention KG for instance 

Btw Warburtons team allegedly held talks with forest thought they were getting the gig and resigned 

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Chaddy I suggest you go and get a Nob End season ticket given your love of their manager and squad. 

By the way they didn't start the season with 14 players including 3 keepers like we did so we had to get bodies in the building in zero time because the owners wouldn't agree any spending and when your owners do that you end up with rubbish like we got.Also bear in mind we lost Hanley and Duffy early on and now Marshall so it's been ripped to bits without reinvesting.

since then, mulgrew, Gallagher, Williams , Hoban and Emnes I would say are at least as good as that lot you have mentioned and we are paying very little of their wages , reason being they are only available within that budget because there are problems( Gallagher excepted). I also remember you were happy with the Graham signing at the time even though he looks to be struggling a bit now.

add to that , Evans, Hoban,and Guthrie been injured for large parts that squad would be more than good enough to survive if you could keep them fit- assuming the manager was any good.

Archived