BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Well the Torquay manager is happy:

“He’s the stature, the voice, the leader-type that I have been after,” - Kevin Nicholson

No mention of football ability. I'll give him until Easter before he gets found out.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Full article here http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15082080.Owen_Coyle_reveals_the_four_players_Blackburn_Rovers_missed_out_in_January/?ref=mac#comments-anchor 

Sounds like the usual stuff where we had potential new signings lined up, but no green light came from India. I said that this would be the case on the official message board and people took me to task over it. It is always going to be the same with the current owners. Lambert alluded to the silence just before he left. I would say we are a joke between managers these days. 

It's one thing making drastic efforts to get the books balanced and comply with FFP. It's another thing to sign nobody on a permanent deal and completely rely on loan players. The owners are now deep into contractophobia. Or they could just be ignoring us as usual. Or both.

I'm not one to defend the owners but no wonder he didn't get the green light for dross like Giles Barnes, last seen 4 years ago struggling to remove trees from the ground at relegated Donny playing second fiddle to Chris 'prolific' Brown. 

If that's the calibre of player he's putting forward I'd rather they kept their mobiles turned off.

Just now, Lancaster Rover said:

I'm not one to defend the owners but no wonder he didn't get the green light for dross like Giles Barnes, last seen 4 years ago struggling to remove trees from the ground at relegated Donny playing second fiddle to Chris 'prolific' Brown. 

If that's the calibre of player he's putting forward I'd rather they kept their mobiles turned off.

If they can't trust the manager's judgement then he shouldn't be manager.

Coyle's comments sound like he is looking to leave but wants a pay-off. He's undermined Senior, who if he has anything about him will not be happy. Couple of things then, does Senior have the authority and inclination to do anything about it, or is he just another mercenary?

3 hours ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Agree and if they did really reject these players they got it right in the case of Barnes. Said all along he was just looking for a home back in England and Coyle was trying to provide that. He's more or less confirmed that it would have been a case of basically taking Barnes contract over so he's be wanting a 2 year deal or something.

Greer ok as back up but i think Clownpants signed him as a first choice player so that's money tied up when it could have been used better. Then we have Brown and Stokes who are as predicted a waste of wages albeit for different reasons. Mulgrew a good player but will always be part time and won't be cheap and Graham was always coming if they ok'd it as long as no one better was in for him.

All in all there's a lot of wasted wages tied up there that could have been uused a lot better so that doesn't help his case and if someone like Senior is actually looking at it properly no wonder they told him no. Let's be honest though the no was no because they won't or can't provide any money nothing else. If there had been a change of heart and Coyle had been given 5 million he'd have brought in a decent loan then blown the rest on contracts Barnes like injury prone bit parters anyway.

Giles Barnes smelt of agency Wasserman same as Wes Browns and who are advising Kentaro and Lenani over the "Football Club Agreement" with Taylor Wessing putting the legals together.

Regardless of any perceived ability and lack of it's enough for me to say he is not ever welcomed here and neither wanted, i don't want those types washing up again near this club.

Senior pulled plug on Coyles transfer targets....Coyle had Barnes agreed but Senior did not want him here...so clearly Venkys trust Senior more than Coyle... but in the same time if Venkys sack Coyle they have to pay compensation so they probably want him to resign first and try to move him out...

The alternative could just be that Senior has been appointed to muddy the waters and complicate the running of the club.

Rather than ring Coyle up and admit that there's no money left and they can't or won't authorise any new contracts, it is easier and better for their pride to install someone like Senior on the ground. That way he can go in the local media and talk the talk, tell some people what they want to hear, make promises of investment down the line that almost certainly won't materialise, give people hope that there is a plan in place or that Senior is here with authority to make decisions and signings without Indian approval.

Remember these are the people who made promises of spending whatever was needed, the myth that they never refuse to sign a cheque and boasting about the number of companies in their portfolio. Having to admit to their own employees that the money has gone or they can't afford to put any more in must be a painful prospect.

Instead cough up a 6 figure salary for Senior to come in, handle the media instead of Pasha and delay things for another 6 months or so until the cycle starts again with another manager and another season.

17 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Full article here http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15082080.Owen_Coyle_reveals_the_four_players_Blackburn_Rovers_missed_out_in_January/?ref=mac#comments-anchor 

Sounds like the usual stuff where we had potential new signings lined up, but no green light came from India. I said that this would be the case on the official message board and people took me to task over it. It is always going to be the same with the current owners. Lambert alluded to the silence just before he left. I would say we are a joke between managers these days. 

Please don't post that garbage on here. LET Venky scumbags.

12 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Giles Barnes smelt of agency Wasserman same as Wes Browns and who are advising Kentaro and Lenani over the "Football Club Agreement" with Taylor Wessing putting the legals together.

Regardless of any perceived ability and lack of it's enough for me to say he is not ever welcomed here and neither wanted, i don't want those types washing up again near this club.

No too sure if it is correct Jon, but someone reckons the football contract in the Kentaro administrators report, related to Shalke.

37 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The alternative could just be that Senior has been appointed to muddy the waters and complicate the running of the club.

Rather than ring Coyle up and admit that there's no money left and they can't or won't authorise any new contracts, it is easier and better for their pride to install someone like Senior on the ground. That way he can go in the local media and talk the talk, tell some people what they want to hear, make promises of investment down the line that almost certainly won't materialise, give people hope that there is a plan in place or that Senior is here with authority to make decisions and signings without Indian approval.

Remember these are the people who made promises of spending whatever was needed, the myth that they never refuse to sign a cheque and boasting about the number of companies in their portfolio. Having to admit to their own employees that the money has gone or they can't afford to put any more in must be a painful prospect.

Instead cough up a 6 figure salary for Senior to come in, handle the media instead of Pasha and delay things for another 6 months or so until the cycle starts again with another manager and another season.

Bit convoluted for me but who knows with this lot? More likey they don't have any faith in Coyle's foray into the transfer market and Senior has convinced someone he single-handedly built the Wednesday team on his own.

Coyle is sounding increasingly shrill and desperate so he could be on his way out. They certainly seem at odds.

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Is there some rule about not posting articles from the LET? If there isn't I think it was legitimate to post it as the previous poster mentioned Coyles quotes from it. 

Take no notice of what others say about the LET.  If you want to quote them carry on doing so as others are more than happy to read what is the local paper.

33 minutes ago, 1arC said:

No too sure if it is correct Jon, but someone reckons the football contract in the Kentaro administrators report, related to Shalke.

Because they held a tournament with Schalke...

Surely those operations would go through Kentaro AG (Overturned & Recovered From Liquidation in Switzerland) as opposed to the UK based and registered Kentaro Limited a subsidiary or Kentaro AG?

It would be unusual if so especially as the administrators report for Kentaro Limited also use a UK office of Taylor Wessing (Lawyers) who themselves were the recipient of a letter from Blackburn rovers appointed solicitor Chris Farnell of IPS Law over a specific Kentaro agreement and reasons for termination.

5 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Because they held a tournament with Schalke...

Surely those operations would go through Kentaro AG (Overturned & Recovered From Liquidation in Switzerland) as opposed to the UK based and registered Kentaro Limited a subsidiary or Kentaro AG?

It would be unusual if so especially as the administrators report for Kentaro Limited also use a UK office of Taylor Wessing (Lawyers) who themselves were the recipient of a letter from Blackburn rovers appointed solicitor Chris Farnell of IPS Law over a specific Kentaro agreement and reasons for termination.

Interesting and I wonder if there is a way of finding out for certain? I must admit, when I read the administrators update, I did think the football contract was referring to Rovers.

3 minutes ago, 1arC said:

Interesting and I wonder if there is a way of finding out for certain? I must admit, when I read the administrators update, I did think the football contract was referring to Rovers.

If it was Schalke I'd expect a reference to EU law in the report too. The fact it only states jurisdiction in another country leads suspicions even further.

Can always call the administrator who under public interest may disclose more of the case then actually written. May name the club if no confidentiality clauses where inserted into the sale agreement side of it from Kentaro to Lenani. After all it's been sold on so no damage to an asset held value wise to administrators and they've realised the sale and proceeds from it for available creditors.

Anyone who maybe a creditor would surely know the club in question, possibly the FA.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

If it was Schalke I'd expect a reference to EU law in the report too. The fact it only states jurisdiction in another country leads suspicions even further.

Can always call the administrator who under public interest may disclose more of the case then actually written. May name the club if no confidentiality clauses where inserted into the sale agreement side of it from Kentaro to Lenani. After all it's been sold on so no damage to an asset held value wise to administrators and they've realised the sale and proceeds from it for available creditors.

Anyone who maybe a creditor would surely know the club in question, possibly the FA.

That's a good shout. It was interesting to note that the football club, have terminated the agreement and that the validity of this termination, is being terminated, with a view to a settlement being made. That made me think even more that it has to be Rovers.

This whole saga is a joke.

A circus full of clowns.

Not to mention Seniors facebook PR interview with "a fan" last weekend in "the box"

Ambrose work permit a formality by monday. bullshit

We wont go into Administration. bullshit

In fact... and I am being serious now

Has Senior said one thing to date which was True ?

No

All lies

Get this disease out immediately.

Archived