BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Set to happen according to this Brum article - http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/former-birmingham-city-defender-paul-12568146

Have they not heard of 'Venkys time'?

“I know there might have been times when I wasn’t that great defensively but I would always try and make up for that by doing something offensively. ""

Sounds right up Coyles street :)

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Summer goal has to be to snap up a good keeper 

In interesting news a few actual decent players out of contract in the summer not that I am saying we will go for them just surprised. 

David Stockdale

Charlie Taylor

Hoilett

McCleary

Mancienne

Cristian Battocchio 

Danny Williams

Ibrahima Balde 

Cedric Mongongu 

1 hour ago, roverstdt said:

In interesting news a few actual decent players out of contract in the summer not that I am saying we will go for them just surprised. 

David Stockdale

Charlie Taylor

Hoilett

McCleary

Mancienne

Cristian Battocchio 

Danny Williams

Ibrahima Balde 

Cedric Mongongu 

Sure we were linked with Mongongu when we were in the Premier League.

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Steele

Caddis Hoban Mulgrew Williams

Bennett Guthrie Evans Conway

Emnes

Graham/Gallagher

That side with a competent manager has more than enough ability and experience to survive over Burton, alas it looks grim.

We need Mulgrew in centre mid. and Conway is doing nothing at the moment See my suggested team above.

5 hours ago, Al said:

Get him signed.

Shame about the keeper.

Caddis Lenihan Hoban Williams

Mahoney Evans Mulgrew Bennett

Gallagher Graham.

Emnes to come on for Graham after 60minutes and we begin to look like a team.

Akpan , Guthrie and Greer are there to put on in case of injury/tiring.

Agree with your team apart from one player and that being Emnes for Graham for this week game Graham looks tired and maybe carrying an injury

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Steele

Caddis Hoban Mulgrew Williams

Bennett Guthrie Evans Conway

Emnes

Graham/Gallagher

That side with a competent manager has more than enough ability and experience to survive over Burton, alas it looks grim.

Conway? why?

Mahoney should be in. Both footed and has skills/tricky

4 hours ago, roverstdt said:

It should have been a major target for the past 2 transfer windows

1 minute ago, OJRovers said:

Presume Caddis will be on a 6 month deal = another to replace in summer.

Wouldn't surprise me if Rovers pull the Ambrose deal now Caddis is available.

We can't sign any loans. We'll probably give him an 18 month deal knowing us.

7 hours ago, roverstdt said:

Paul Caddis is a good addition for me I have been calling out for us to sign him, and I think he will add a bit of steel to our leaky defence if we can get hoban back then things could actually look quite solid at the back with 

Caddis---Ambrose/Mulgrew---Hoban---Williams

Feeney/Mahoney---J-Lowe/Evans---Bennett--Conway

---------Gallagher---Graham.

To be honest I am also excited about the young crop coming through with the likes of Lennihan, Mahoney, Nyambe, and hopefully Thomson, Rankin Costello, Doyle, Wharton. It seems the Rovers Academy (at least) is getting back to steady grounds. I haven't seen a good player break through since the likes of Hanley, Jones, etc...

if we don't lose them all of course to Venkys' desire to sell anything and everything to pay the bills.

I predict this will be some below average nobody that Coyle's spokesperson will be talking up to make his organ grinder look good.

"A wee gem. Can't believe this one has been kept under wraps. What a genius your manager is."

7 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

“I know there might have been times when I wasn’t that great defensively but I would always try and make up for that by doing something offensively. ""

Sounds right up Coyles street :)

He's obviously settled for just being plain offensive

Wouldn't find the Ambrose deal falling through and then picking up Caddis... Didn't quite get the need for a CB when we've got no depth at fullback, especially with Marshall going out with no replacement, while we've got Lenihan, Greer, Mulgrew, Hoban coming back, and Brown (gulp) at CB. Nyambe, Williams, and Lowe can even fill in on emergency bases. Emergency fullbacks I'm less confidant in... Maybe Ward will return at some point too, though there hasn't been a peep about him, so I'd guess he's out for the year.

Weird that Hendrie hasn't gone back to West Ham. We chose putting Lowe back there on Saturday rather than even have Hendrie on the bench. Maybe West Ham doesn't want him either? He's nowhere near PL level, let alone Championship level, anyway.

Bringing in an attacking midfielder sounds like a Jack Byrne-type again, except once he shows up Coyle realises he has no idea how to utilise a no. 10. Sounds like Senior continuing to put his stamp on things, which I trust slightly more than Coyle...

Archived