BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Backroom
3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I hope he's learnt some football sense since the last time he was here. I still have nightmares about him ballsing up the City game at Ewood.

We're hanging on at 2-1 with half a minute to go in spite of us dominating the game. He gets the ball out on the the right with all the pitch to run into. GO TO THE CORNER FLAG WITH THE BALL.  So what does he do ? Runs a few yards with the ball then passes back it into midfield where City intercept the ball, cross it into our area and it's 2-2 ! Brain dead football.

I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall in the changing room. I could be wrong but I don't think he played for us again after that game.

Although there was little consequences that was one of the worst gut punches in a game I recall, felt awful 

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, 47er said:

Well, we could say there is any number of people who actually buy a season ticket for Rovers, still go along and still enjoy it.

But we both know its declining fast for both Rovers and the LT.

Beware of complacency Parson!

A lot of masochism going on here, plenty of sadism too.

I suppose in the long run it's cheaper to go to Ewood every other week than the local dominatrix for your local beating.

No wonder they called Mrs Desai "Madame", the woman who made thousands of grown men cry out in pain.

Just now, Tom said:

Although there was little consequences that was one of the worst gut punches in a game I recall, felt awful 

I nearly fell down the steps of the Riverside as Robbing Robinho put the ball in the net. The only similar gut punch I can remember was away at Sheffield Weds when we managed to turn HT 3-1 dominance into 3-3

Just now, Tom said:

Me too , two badly needed points at the time just thrown away.

The only other one that affected me as badly was years ago against Arsenal at Ewood. We were 3-0 up after half an hour courtesy of some Bryan Douglas magic. They.got it back to 3-3 in the second half. We made 4-3 , they got one for 4-4. With about five minutes to go we made it 5-4 . There was only about 30 seconds left when Bob Jones could only parry an Arsenal shot back into the goalmouth for George Eastham to hammer it back home to make it 5-5.

A really entertaining game but going home on the bus it felt like a loss.

Just now, Swanson said:

So I guess we will know tomorrow then if Caddis and/or Mugni will sign. 

no chance they can commit to additional wages until they know who we drawn in cup after beating man u

As I said when Senior was appointed...

We cant afford new players wages but we can afford to pay this joker.

I wonder what his salary is ?

Unless hes on a zero hour contract and just takes % of trading...

My bet is hes on both, salary + %

so we spend our spare cash on a none direct salesman instead of players... funny smell around here!

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Nothing but Shysters Den..the absolute lot of them from top to bottom.

I agree SG. - completely.

i'll rephrase. You can't blame Coyle for a situation whereby we have one man providing players to another man who doesn't want them.

52 minutes ago, gumboots said:

It not what we'd prefer but what will happen. Coyle won't play players he hasn't signed. He had his list and couldn't have them so, like a baby, he will be as awkward as his backside and refuse to play the plyers he has, even if they could help him.

As well as our other issues ,there does appear to be a petulant little game afoot between Coyle and Senior. Just what we need. 

I genuinely believe Coyle is trying his best, but is just way out of his depth and is working for a club where the issues run so bloody deep from years of mismanagement. I hope to God we scrape to safety, but I am starting to fear the worst and that when it comes down to all the poor teams in this division, we will give up the fight. I hope to God I am wrong. I really would hate to see the club in League 1 with Venkys still here. 

Just now, Lancaster Rover said:

Radio lancs pretty openly panned Senior pre game yesterday, talking fairly candidly about an internal power struggle.

It's almost like they're waiting for a big headline story which hasn't happened. Graham Liver on his breakfast show has mentioned a couple of times this week the sad atmosphere and said it was difficult for a journalist to get someone to speak at Ewood, apart from OC and even he is in his office and doesn't want to come out.

22 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Radio lancs pretty openly panned Senior pre game yesterday, talking fairly candidly about an internal power struggle.

Yes they did but I tweeted saying that Senior Rovers player interview he referred to Coyle as head coach. They didnt response tho

Senior is probably referring to Coyle as 'Head Coach' to try and unsettle him and diminish his importance. By referring to a head coach structure at a conventional club this would mean that Senior has more power than Coyle in the hierarchy and thus is the most important man at the club in the football department.

The fact that Senior appears incapable of sacking Coyle or making any major decisions without prior approval from India tells me all I need to know. He isn't a Director of Football here any more than he was at Sheffield Wednesday. He's a wannabe nobody who has somehow convinced Pasha or the other power brokers that he can be of use in the downscaling operation currently in play at Ewood Park.

That he thinks he can win over the fanbase through those cringeworthy and factually incorrect interviews he has given suggests he is naïve or doesn't understand what he is dealing with here. That he expects Rovers fans to forget the last 6 years because he can't do anything about it sums up his misreading of the club he has walked into. Everyone who joins this club under this regime will be treated with suspicion by the fans. We've seen too many come and go through the revolving door to believe this one is going to be any different.

I fully expect a power struggle to consume the club for the next few months. Relegation might be the final straw Senior needs for approval to fire Coyle, but by then the club will have been dragged through the mud even further and subjected to humiliation whilst these two clowns play out their battle.

Neither of them will be here in 12 months time. Coyle, like his friend Kean before him, will manage his inevitable exit to his benefit. He will go when it suits him and he is best placed to milk the positive publicity and make a claim against the club for making his position impossible by appointing Senior. Probably soon after he has blamed those nasty Blackburn fans for never giving him a fair chance just because he used to manage Burnley.

Whilst iv'e no time for Coyle it's plain stupid for Senior to be coming in and starting a power struggle with the manager in a relegation scrap and undermining him with this head coach baloney. He was hired as manager so just fire him as manager and bring in a head coach pronto.

Fact is fat Barry has let his partners in crime install one of theirs again and he hasn't got the minerals or the power to sack him so they go down this route again. It won't work Coyles got the hide of Kean and they ended up having to give him a pay off anyway so just pay the guy up and let him go.

All rather convenient this side show though isn't it whilst we slide to relegation ^_^

• Backroom
2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Probably soon after he has blamed those nasty Blackburn fans for never giving him a fair chance just because he used to manage Burnley.

We've had our own fans insinuate the same, so you can bet he'll be on that track straight away.

Archived