BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

27 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Goal 1: He's not shanking anything it's more of a stab in the direction he wants it. Most other players would take the touch then welly it in that situation - after all he has plenty of time to do so. And even if he does decide to shank it, he's hardly wellying it away - it doesn't look like a clearance at all so doubt that was his motive. Plus the direction he is stabbing/kicking in is the direction of the goal - further evidence he's not clearing it.

Goal 2 I'd dispute he isn't a good header of the ball. In fact under Lambert when Hanley and Duffy were mainly facing high balls they did excellently - it's running at them/movement which they struggled with. The idea he is a useless header is a fallacy so not sure he's crap can be used as an excuse. Again heading it downwards is a huge no no - everyone knows that so why do it. It's so basic yet somehow this one time Duffy forgets this? Added to which he heads it really cleanly. Regardless of how he falls it is an excellent header. it doesn't skim off or slice somewhere he connects excellently and thus it goes where it is intended to - no mishit at all.

Now factor in the armband, sending off and circumstances of the time as well - hard to see it as not intentional.

This is like the Zapruder film.

Goal 1. Before the Cardiff player shot, Duffy looks around. He sees the Cardiff player. The ball comes back off the post, straight to his feet. He's not fleet of foot. He knows that a player might be right behind him. The Rovers keeper is right in front of him. He tries to play it wide where the space is, and ball$ed it up.

Goal 2. My only knowledge of Shane Duffy's heading ability, aside from the highlight video, is numerous comments on here over the time he was a Rovers player that he was a terrible header of a ball in the opposition box. I watched the video again  (0.28-0.30 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vMalVmUpNE ). It looks like the ball comes off the side of his head. When the ball is going in he is looking the exact opposite way. He's no idea where the ball is.

I have no disagreement that the way he handled his exit was shameful, and that his performance was a shambles.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't just his own goals and sending off that was sickening in that Cardiff game.

He kept going walk about, leaving the defence short and strolled back after going up for our corners. 

He's was disgraceful and all his acts that night seemed totally deliberate.

Alan Myers tweeted last night that Paul Caddis is training with Portsmouth.

Mixed emotions - the only communication fans get is from a former employee (an honourable one at that who is clearly very anti Venkys). I hadn't heard anything to the contrary that he was training with us.

On the other hand he is now training with a league 2 side......

On 2/15/2017 at 0:34 PM, Amarillo said:

I don't think the OGs were deliberate. Duffy's a 50p head who needs a dozen headers before he gets a goal. He wouldn't have been able to execute that 2nd goal on purpose.

Spot on Toppers,

One things is for certain, we're a worse side without Duffy, he should never have been sold, but offered a new deal, but venkys decided not to reply to Lambert and Duffy and Marshall walked out of the door weakening us further, seems to be a pattern....

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Paul Caddis has signed for Bury.

Bloody hell we should have been all over that. Our biggest weakness is at right back when we get our injured players fit again.

No it wasn't!

I'll bet you have never seen Caddis play. It doesn't make him a bad player because he signed for Bury when he had no club. I would suggest that you are the stupid one.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived