SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RV Blue said:

3k seems about right for a clearly talented player that still has a massive amount to work on. However it is a bit sickening when you think that Stokes and Brown are both on triple that. I'd wish him well if he went to anyone bar Burnley. If he goes there, I hope he's never able to enter the town again.

Animated vomiting emoticon

Connor Mahoney off to Burnley?...... followed by a load of vitriol based on someone making something up to post on the internet.  He played for a Burnley Academy for a matter of weeks about 8 years ago!  

I dont usually blag about being in the know or owt daft, but Im pretty confident on this.  I can't confirm if he will sign or not, I do know that negotiations are ongoing between Connor's agent and the football club, they have been for ages and ages..  I also know that Connor is as much a Blackburn Rovers fan as the majority of folk on this messageboard.

The lad jumped to sign for Rovers when he was younger, and has stayed with us, despite some offers to disappear to other clubs, and for more money - even though he hasn't got game time, inexplicably in my opinion.  That has seemed to change under Mowbray, and perhaps that will have an influence - I don't know, that's up to him isn't it.

What I do know is that some folk here seem intent on character destruction of a fellow Blackburn fan who happens to be a half decent footballer, without being possession of any facts - just a lot of hearsay and quite frankly a load of old @#/?.

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The only thing Rovers can be criticised for here is the previous management not offering him enough game time.

Rovers have offered him a contract. I'm not sure the amount on offer is the issue as my understanding is he won't sign one in any event. What is he worth? 3k p.w.? 5?. What if we offered him those figures and he still won't sign? Do you go up to 10? Surely a line has to be drawn somewhere.

Yeah I would agree he could have gotten more game time. Even if he won't stay I would lik us to give him a few starts and it's an incentive for him if he is looking to leave to play well and get the move he wants and if it helps keep us up then I suppose it benefits both parties. He has look threatening to the opposition defence when he's played but yeah It's a bit grim that a local lad would take a move to Burnley instead of re-signing for rovers 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'm sure what division we are in has come into the conversation, would you agree with that?

Is not that in support of discussing transfers at this time?

"There really is no point discussing transfers until we know what division we will be in. "

40 minutes ago, stuwilky said:

Connor Mahoney off to Burnley?...... followed by a load of vitriol based on someone making something up to post on the internet.  He played for a Burnley Academy for a matter of weeks about 8 years ago!  

I dont usually blag about being in the know or owt daft, but Im pretty confident on this.  I can't confirm if he will sign or not, I do know that negotiations are ongoing between Connor's agent and the football club, they have been for ages and ages..  I also know that Connor is as much a Blackburn Rovers fan as the majority of folk on this messageboard.

The lad jumped to sign for Rovers when he was younger, and has stayed with us, despite some offers to disappear to other clubs, and for more money - even though he hasn't got game time, inexplicably in my opinion.  That has seemed to change under Mowbray, and perhaps that will have an influence - I don't know, that's up to him isn't it.

What I do know is that some folk here seem intent on character destruction of a fellow Blackburn fan who happens to be a half decent footballer, without being possession of any facts - just a lot of hearsay and quite frankly a load of old @#/?.

Good to hear. Let's hope it's merely a case of his agent trying to get the best deal he can from us as opposed to anyone else for his client.

I must say in general it seems to be acceptable for some established or experienced players to be generally garbage month after month or even season after season whereas if a youngster comes in and has a poor game people are all over it labelling them not good enough or not ready etc etc.

In Mahoney's case he may not be the finished article but I can't see he would be significantly any worse than the likes of Feeney and Conway over the course of the season. Very probably a significant upgrade in fact.

If he is a real fan(and I am sure he is) then he will know what a toxic mess we are.

He is not Duff's age as he breaks into the team so he has to be careful with any move.

The question is(like Hoilett and several others) why is this all taking place 9 months too late.

Oh its the Venkys!

I wouldn't blame him for wanting out. Even if we do stay up the likelihood is we will could be worse off this time next yr. If he does go to a prem club he will be back playing in championship on loan. If not a prem club he could go to huddersfield or Wednesday 

Hope he stays but I wouldn't begrudge him a move away 

1 hour ago, stuwilky said:

Good post. If I was in his situation, and I was being told that I had a big future at the club, I'd want a wage befitting of that. In footballer world £3k a week is an insult compared to what others are on. I'm sure I read on here a while back that Lowe is on about £15k a week? Stokes is on approx £10k a week; the only sighting of him in 2017 is him emerging from Dublin Crown Court! 

Even David "my club" Dunn left when the circumstances weren't right for him - and that was when we had twice the manager, ten-times the board and a hundred-times the owners.

Whilst on the subject of local lads, I can think of one who Rovers should be tapping up to return if we stay up. I think we all agree Rovers have lacked a consistent creative midfielder for a number of years, someone who can unlock a defence with a great through ball, chip in with a few goals etc.

There is one playing 10 miles to the west of us who is a proven top half championship player. Paul Gallagher. I have it on good authority from a couple of people who know him that he would love to return to Rovers. He was even in the Jack Walker stand a few weeks ago on a dreary Tuesday night supporting Rovers against Cardiff; he tweeted this which upset a couple of PNE fans! 

He can't be on that much money at PNE. This would be a real statement of intent from Rovers and would certainly boost season ticket sales. 

But then I woke up and forgot who owns us!

Posted on here some weeks ago strong gossip that PNE are keen (and are confident of landing him) and it would make a lot of sense for Mahoney to go there as Grayson has a good record of developing players and plays a style that would suit the lad.

Think it's almost certain he's off with PNE the most likely destination.

Who would have thought even two years ago that we would be worrying about whether young Connor would sign a new contract. He would have signed in a heartbeat if Lambert had put a pen in his hand and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Wolves put in a cheeky offer to his agent.

2 hours ago, stuwilky said:

Just for the record I said He needs to play for a manager/head coach who will develop him and play him. No point sitting on the bench or playing in the under 23's Like I think he will if he signs for Burnley. I think he should listen to Mowbray advice and sign here for his club

37 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Posted on here some weeks ago strong gossip that PNE are keen (and are confident of landing him) and it would make a lot of sense for Mahoney to go there as Grayson has a good record of developing players and plays a style that would suit the lad.

Think it's almost certain he's off with PNE the most likely destination.

Preston style would suit him? really?

Just now, DanielMB said:

He cant possibly be a Rovers fan if he signs for PNE or Burnley

Rather naive - he's a professional footballer for hire to the highest bidder. It might hurt him a little bit but his conscience will laughing all the way to the bank. 

Archived