BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

8 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Bowyer was told by the owners (lackeys) Rudy was being sold. The day after the owners (lackeys) told him that he had to get promoted that season. We were under an embargo. Then they sacked him.

Lambert was then hired with the same remit...and the same players.

These owners aren't corrupt, they are just really, really, really useless.

:lol: They're as bent as a dogs back leg they've got a guy here under a false name for starters never mind everything else. Con jobs.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, tomphil said:

I had my issues with GBs management in his last 12 months but the first thing they should have done after exiting embargo was give him a million or two to spend off the money his players had brought in. Even a critic would say he earned that right having proved to be shrewd with a few quid and it would have saved the Lambert farce.

A critic might have said that, but the fans certainly wouldn't have.

Relations between the fans and Bowyer were past the point of no return by the time he went. Bowyer should've been getting a lot more out of the players at his disposal; he had a fair crack of the whip, and it was certainly time up for him. I don't think many fans would've enjoyed Bowyer staying on, even if he was given a million or two to spend.

Just now, Phil T said:

Relations between the fans and Bowyer were past the point of no return by the time he went. Bowyer should've been getting a lot more out of the players at his disposal; he had a fair crack of the whip, and it was certainly time up for him. I don't think many fans would've enjoyed Bowyer staying on, even if he was given a million or two to spend.

But they don't care what the fans think. In fact if their record is anything to go by they'd have kept him longer if they felt he was unpopular with the fans.

I understand people's opinions on Bowyer's managerial abilities and results before he was sacked, but ultimately that is irrelevant because a manager's abilities and results haven't been the yardstick at this club now for 6.5 years. Allardyce wasn't sacked due to results/abilities, Kean didn't leave due to his gross inadequacies, Berg and Appleton both fired before having a reasonable crack at proving themselves, Bowyer sacked despite permanently occupying a position of safety and delivering far better results than anything we've had this season, Lambert allowed to walk out after 6 months despite being the most qualified manager they had ever appointed. Coyle hired in the first place despite being massively unpopular and a proven failure.

So results and managerial ability are irrelevant here. We can discuss it until we're blue in the face as to whether Bowyer was good enough or got enough out of his squad, but if my suspicions are correct he would have lost his job last season even if we were top half because something had changed behind the scenes and power had shifted away from Bowyer's allies to someone else.

But purely from a business point of view they had finally stumbled upon a model that was working for them. They finally had a manager prepared to work for them without complaint who most fans trusted who could work under their crackpot regime and do a half decent job. Most importantly he could make them money on players for the first time ever.

Just now, Phil T said:

I agree but looking at it from the owners perspective and model they so called wanted of picking up under achievers for a few hundred grand here and there then giving them game time with the idea of punting on. He certainly delivered on that score so you'd have thought they want to go that route again once embargo was gone. Let's not forget they've never done things for fans of football purposes really.

Just now, perthblue02 said:

Reported Championship fees to agents between Feb 2016 and Jan 2017

C80Y7_3XUAAE5vU.jpg

I don't get it as agents fees are capped at 3-5 percent by the FA so those Newcastle lads appear majorly out of proportion? About time these fees got paid by players on ever increasing contracts and not clubs/fans

we are mid table?!

mulgrew, Graham, williams, feeney, Hoban, brown, Greer, Gallagher, emnes, hendrie, stokes.

not a mixed bag in value now is Mike Cheston? Get that f*****r out of here 

6 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

I don't get it as agents fees are capped at 3-5 percent by the FA so those Newcastle lads appear majorly out of proportion? About time these fees got paid by players on ever increasing contracts and not clubs/fans

I thought that changed with the FA accepting new FIFA rules, poor agents were struggling with all the mouths to feed via their brown bag delivery service.

Although i do recall reading FA recommendations somewhere of between 5 and 10%, but as we have seen Agents get a free reign to do what they want especially if they are involved with former FA business partners  ;) 

Edited to add:

https://liamsmithlaw.wordpress.com/2015/04/13/the-deregulation-of-football-agents/

"The 3% cap however is only related to a player’s basic wage and no the agent’s fee which is a common clause in many transfers. The agent’s fee is not capped in anyway and can be as high or as low as negotiated. It is likely that, should the challenge to the European Commission be unsuccessful, many intermediaries will simply look to increase their agent fees to compensate for the 3% cap."

EDIT 2: Of possible interest to us next season the total spent on Agents in League 1 was 3.1 million in total. 

For those crying about the crowds just how many ST's is 1.6m ?   Considering we are now dealing in freebies and loans that's too much yet again.

A quick glance at Forest and a similar picture is unfolding down there. Is Fawaz another front man for something deeper I wonder.

59 minutes ago, tomphil said:

For those crying about the crowds just how many ST's is 1.6m ?   Considering we are now dealing in freebies and loans that's too much yet again.

A quick glance at Forest and a similar picture is unfolding down there. Is Fawaz another front man for something deeper I wonder.

Rovers figure was 1.265 million , so lets say average of  299 thats just over 4200 season tickets

More details 

29/02/16 Blackburn Rovers Darragh Lenihan - David Hartley Elevate Sports Management

26/08/16 Blackburn Rovers Thomas Hoban - Simon Conning Simon Conning Consulting

26/08/16 Blackburn Rovers Derrick Williams  - Graham Barrett Platinum One Sports Management

31/08/16 Blackburn Rovers Charles Mulgrew - Struan Marshall Wasserman Media Group

10/01/17 Blackburn Rovers Jack Doyle  - Robert Segal Impact SM Ltd

31/01/17 Blackburn Rovers Lucas Joao - Steve Horner HSH Sports Limited

29/06/16 Blackburn Rovers Stephen Hendrie - Richard Citrin Stanford (Scotland) Limited

01/07/16 Blackburn Rovers Anthony Stokes - Richard Citrin Stanford (Scotland) Limited

01/07/16 Blackburn Rovers Daniel Graham - Will Salthouse Unique Sports Management

01/07/16 Blackburn Rovers Liam Feeney - Jon Hassall Beswicks Sports

04/07/16 Blackburn Rovers Jack Byrne - Eamon McLoughlin Fortitude Sports Management

03/08/16 Blackburn Rovers Gordon Greer - Gary Lloyd Signature Sports Management Ltd

26/01/17 Blackburn Rovers Joseph Rankin-Costelle - Colin Murdock Murdock Sports Management

http://www.thefa.com/-/media/thefacom-new/files/rules-and-regulations/2016-17/all-transactions-to-publish-2017.ashx

2 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

C80Y7_3XUAAE5vU.jpg

Appears from that table we have the agent situation well under control compared to the dark kean days. 

The variances in teams is interesting, higher doesn't necessarily mean more success. Although the bottom 2 teams in the league spent very little. I wonder are their fans wishing they spent a bit more to get some bodies in. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Appears from that table we have the agent situation well under control compared to the dark kean days. 

The variances in teams is interesting, higher doesn't necessarily mean more success. Although the bottom 2 teams in the league spent very little. I wonder are their fans wishing they spent a bit more to get some bodies in. 

Quite interesting if you divide the amounts by transactions for instance Villa 32 transactions averages out at just over 162k per transaction , Rovers is just over 97k per transaction ,impressively North End and Ipswich are  just over 25.5k per transaction. Of course lots of variables in there like transfers in, out ,contract extensions etc , pity they do not list the amounts for each transaction

3 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

C80Y7_3XUAAE5vU.jpg

Interesting list, thanks for posting. As BDS says it looks like the dark days of agent fees bleeding out of the club are over.

9th highest wage bill, 10th highest agent fees. Sounds about right.

3rd from bottom. Sounds about Coyle.

3 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Rovers figure was 1.265 million , so lets say average of  299 thats just over 4200 season tickets

More details 

29/02/16 Blackburn Rovers Darragh Lenihan - David Hartley Elevate Sports Management

26/08/16 Blackburn Rovers Thomas Hoban - Simon Conning Simon Conning Consulting

26/08/16 Blackburn Rovers Derrick Williams  - Graham Barrett Platinum One Sports Management

31/08/16 Blackburn Rovers Charles Mulgrew - Struan Marshall Wasserman Media Group

10/01/17 Blackburn Rovers Jack Doyle  - Robert Segal Impact SM Ltd

31/01/17 Blackburn Rovers Lucas Joao - Steve Horner HSH Sports Limited

29/06/16 Blackburn Rovers Stephen Hendrie - Richard Citrin Stanford (Scotland) Limited

01/07/16 Blackburn Rovers Anthony Stokes - Richard Citrin Stanford (Scotland) Limited

01/07/16 Blackburn Rovers Daniel Graham - Will Salthouse Unique Sports Management

01/07/16 Blackburn Rovers Liam Feeney - Jon Hassall Beswicks Sports

04/07/16 Blackburn Rovers Jack Byrne - Eamon McLoughlin Fortitude Sports Management

03/08/16 Blackburn Rovers Gordon Greer - Gary Lloyd Signature Sports Management Ltd

26/01/17 Blackburn Rovers Joseph Rankin-Costelle - Colin Murdock Murdock Sports Management

http://www.thefa.com/-/media/thefacom-new/files/rules-and-regulations/2016-17/all-transactions-to-publish-2017.ashx

Thanks for that Perthblue and breaking it down like that and who the agents are.

After vetoing Coyles deal of Bielek he joined Big Club and from todays gossip;

Birmingham City boss Gianfranco Zola hopes to re-sign Arsenal's Polish defender Krystian Bielik next season after the 19-year-old's impressive form since joining on loan in January. (Birmingham Mail)

Cheers Senior, really wouldn't have given us any "value" except helping us stay in the league you complete moron.

6 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Birmingham City boss Gianfranco Zola hopes to re-sign Arsenal's Polish defender Krystian Bielik next season after the 19-year-old's impressive form since joining on loan in January. (Birmingham Mail)

Cheers Senior, really wouldn't have given us any "value" except helping us stay in the league you complete moron.

The Arsenal lad can't be that good. Zola has won only two of his twenty two games in charge of Birmingham. Just to rub salt into the wounds of the blue noses Gary Rowett has already won more games than Zola, three out of four, at Derby.

9 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

How do you know Senior veto it? 

He was linked to us by Nixon. 

Are you telling me that Giles Barnes would have improve us? Or Ba who nobody seen him played? Really?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

If you arent interest why come on the thread and post that sort of comment. Stick to your threads you like and agree with you

Look, I admire your optimism but even for you I'm amazed anyone can be looking ahead right now to the summer, especially after yesterday and our fate all but sealed. There will be transfers out - for sure and a few of them I'd wager. But as for incomings it will be more loanees who don't give a crap about the club and free contract journeymen on obscene contracts with agents the only people to get any value out of the deals (appreciate this lad is young btw which is why it won't happen). We won't be spending a penny on any fees - it'll be operation downgrade again (if possible given the tripe that have worn the shirts this season) until oblivion. Just to manage expectations.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

How do you know Senior veto it? 

He was linked to us by Nixon. 

Are you telling me that Giles Barnes would have improve us? Or Ba who nobody seen him played? Really?

Erm... Chaddy, you thought exactly that when they were linked.

Archived