SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expect a new keeper to be sign..

I'm expect 8 or 9 signings. Which 3 or 4 will be loans. 

Expect Guthrie to re sign here and Emnes to sign permanent here on a 2 years contract

Expect Stokes, Lowe, Akpan, Brown and Greer to leave. 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We need to start looking down the divisions for players this summer. We need to sign hungry players who see playing for Blackburn rovers as a privilege and a dream come through. Too many over paid prima Donna's and has beens in the premiership and championship. There is quality down there and if moulded correctly could instill some much needed passion in the jersey. Something which has been lacking from a few in the current squad. Discuss. 

Blimey.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Expect Guthrie to re sign here and Emnes to sign permanent here on a 2 years contract

Without knowing what division we are playing in next season its impossible to predict.

Neither Guthrie or Emnes will sign for us in league one. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Thanks for your invaluable input. 

When we were in the Prem, some of our fans thought we should look in the championship for players. Loads of good players down there. No prima donnas. The young, hungry players were gonna take us upwards and onwards.

now we're in the championship, we should look at league one players to move us forwards? If we go down to league one this time, we should look to league two players should we? 

Sign league two players, get league two football.

Just now, den said:

When we were in the Prem, some of our fans thought we should look in the championship for players. Loads of good players down there. No prima donnas. The young, hungry players were gonna take us upwards and onwards.

now we're in the championship, we should look at league one players to move us forwards? If we go down to league one this time, we should look to league two players should we? 

Sign league two players, get league two football.

Narrow minded and short term attitude. So no player from below the championship can improve us? That Jamie Vardy guy went to the premiership, I believe it has worked out OK for him. 

Would you prefer more wes browns and frees and loans from the premier league and championship as opposed to, say for example, the best midfielder in league 1 or 2? How about the top scorer? Or the best keeper? 

Narrow minded and short term attitude. So no player from below the championship can improve us? That Jamie Vardy guy went to the premiership, I believe it has worked out OK for him. 

Would you prefer more wes browns and frees and loans from the premier league and championship as opposed to, say for example, the best midfielder in league 1 or 2? How about the top scorer? Or the best keeper? 

On the flip side, that Keith Andrews was an astute purchase. Oh no wait, he was gash.

You could spend all day finding examples on each side of the argument but the bottom line is we need to find good championship standard players for little or no money. 

A fairly impossible task no matter which division you are scouting. Most of the time, lower league players making the step up still cost good sums of money these days.

Even Vardy cost Leicester £1m, which is £1m than we can afford.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

They'll still cost money and want contracts Venkys wont pay as in case you hadn't noticed they seem to want to pay lge 2 wages from now on. If only it was as simple as you say.

Where do we look for players if we are in lge 1 ? Chorley / Accy / Brig etc  :wacko:

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Permission from Venkys is the problem Chaddy. We'll be scrapping around at the last minute trying to find a team of freebies and loanees. Just like last season.

Whichever division we are in a relegation scrap awaits.

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We need to start looking down the divisions for players this summer. We need to sign hungry players who see playing for Blackburn rovers as a privilege and a dream come through. Too many over paid prima Donna's and has beens in the premiership and championship. There is quality down there and if moulded correctly could instill some much needed passion in the jersey. Something which has been lacking from a few in the current squad. Discuss. 

What's the budget?

Just now, tomphil said:

They'll still cost money and want contracts Venkys wont pay as in case you hadn't noticed they seem to want to pay lge 2 wages from now on. If only it was as simple as you say.

Where do we look for players if we are in lge 1 ? Chorley / Accy / Brig etc  :wacko:

Do they not have any good players? 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I expect jessica biel to come knocking on my door. I expect to win the lottery. I expect blackburn rovers to be taken over by a billionaire sheik. Doesnt mean its going to happen

Do they not have any good players? 

You seem to be revelling in the prospect of a major downgrade but yeah Accys best player used to be a lad called Mahoney. The same one we might lose because we allegedly won't give him a reasonable enough contract.

Your theory on the recruitment of players is fine in an ideal world but we don't operate in that and to sign anyone's best players will cost money and better wages than they can get elsewhere. We'll be rooting around lge 1 and 2 teams benches the very places where some of our cast offs and regular academy release have ended up.

The best approach was what Gary Bowyer did, which was assemble a squad of generally young and hungry players who were surplus to requirements at recently promoted clubs. Cairney and Evans from Hull, Marshall from Leicester, Gestede and Conway from Cardiff. Time on their side, perhaps not lived up to early career hype but with a run of games had undoubted potential. Of course some won't work out but if you have a manager with an eye for a player and knows how to handle them it only takes a couple of success stories to pay it on with interest. For some unknown reason a plan which included making big profits on players and surviving in this league wasn't acceptable to these owners, who prefer relegation and signing players who will last a season before collecting a big fat cheque.

I look at what Bolton did last summer after they suffered a humiliating and potentially catastrophic relegation. No money and a transfer embargo yet retained all their decent players, appointed a quality League One manager and they're coming straight back up. Will we follow their model if we go down? Will we heck. Regardless of the outcome of the next 6 games we're going to have a rump of about 10 first team contracted players at the club. It is likely that Graham, Evans, Mulgrew and Conway will be heading to pastures new regardless as their wages will have been earmarked for cuts. The cash generated will enable them to pay off Anthony Stokes. We're going to have a complete rebuilding job on our hands. If we're in the Championship that could be a good thing, but in League One I fear all it will do is condemn us to a long spell down there. To bounce straight back you need tried and tested know how, not experiments with kids who don't know the league.

I had my issues with GBs management in his last 12 months but the first thing they should have done after exiting embargo was give him a million or two to spend off the money his players had brought in. Even a critic would say he earned that right having proved to be shrewd with a few quid and it would have saved the Lambert farce.

But then again someone had other plans in mind for that move imo, c10 mill out under Gaz then pot him before he asks for funds, get Lambert in under false pretences then let him jettison another 10 mills worth before he then walks at the 6 month mark like they knew he would having been lied to.

Con jobs.

Bowyer was told by the owners (lackeys) Rudy was being sold. The day after the owners (lackeys) told him that he had to get promoted that season. We were under an embargo. Then they sacked him.

Lambert was then hired with the same remit...and the same players.

These owners aren't corrupt, they are just really, really, really useless.

6 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Bowyer was told by the owners (lackeys) Rudy was being sold. The day after the owners (lackeys) told him that he had to get promoted that season. We were under an embargo. Then they sacked him.

Lambert was then hired with the same remit...and the same players.

These owners aren't corrupt, they are just really, really, really useless.

I'd also say Lambert was promised a good cunk of the rhodes money for the summer &then when late March/April came around he was only frees and loans 

Archived