BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Just now, Lancaster Rover said:

It's not really, there is no restriction on the amount of loans you have, only those in the matchday squad. Him being here has had no impact, well apart from the horrendous defending that lead to PNE's winner at Dumpdale.

I believe Hendrie also wanted to stay here as it's closer to his home in Scotland.

No impact other than the @#/? money he costs us!

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We've had some crap right backs at Rovers but in my opinion for the money we paid Grayson was the worst. He was complete garbage and just sat out his contract.

I don't blame the player(s) in these circumstances.

It's the idiots who hand out such contracts.

1 hour ago, RV Blue said:

Thought I've seen him in the team before. That is so strange, what does he do all day?

I suspect he turns out in the behind closed doors games that get played.  I don't think he has made more than a couple of appearances for the Under-23's.

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:01 AM, Lancaster Rover said:

You wanted us to sign Ba, in fact you want us to sign loads of players having never seen them play.

Did I? Really?

I wanted experience Championship players in. Coyle had no proper recruitment plan last summer and rush signings without have a proper tactical plan in place with a formation A and B. But that never happened.

On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 10:16 PM, north_ender said:

Just wondering what the situation is regarding the lad Nyambe and his contract and so on?

We'll be looking for a right back in the summer and with the rumours suggesting we're looking at a few of your youngsters, wouldn't be a shock if we're looking at Nyambe.

I believe his contract ends in the summer 2018 along with Wharton. Hopefully Senior and Mowbray will tie them down to long term contracts

On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 9:59 PM, Athlete said:

You're 100 percent correct Mahoney is the one 

Mahoney, I think would be better off at Barnsley cos I think Heckingbottom would develop him better than Grayson

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 9:45 AM, AllRoverAsia said:

Stephen Hendrie selected and makes a rare Rovers appearance

http://mobile.rovers.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/hendries-a-hit-at-the-easter-camps-3663420.aspx

I forgot he was still at Rovers.

Why wasn't he sent back to WHAM at the same time as the other lad.

Awful player. League 2 is his level

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 0:07 PM, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Cheers Parson. Can't see many clubs queuing up for the lad come the summer.

another pointless signing made by Coyle without a proper recruitment plan

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Mahoney, I think would be better off at Barnsley cos I think Heckingbottom would develop him better than Grayson

I suspect that Mahoney wont share your view!

Seems like he might also have Lenihan for company at Springfields next season!

Looks like the vultures are already hovering over Ewood.

Just now, Mercer said:

I suspect that Mahoney wont share your view!

Seems like he might also have Lenihan for company at Springfields next season!

Looks like the vultures are already hovering over Ewood.

Is this like when Rhodes signed for Bolton? I think that was one of yours.

If you are going to sell all our players to local rivals this summer can I suggest you don't appear like you're enjoying it. This summer is going to be bad enough anyway.

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Barnsley so far offering the best package but an awful lot more interested parties. 

I hope you are ready to give your fiver to charity as its looking like unless we have a dramatic turn around we'll be league one next season so impossible to get higher than championship 20th.. 

I really hope this turn around happens 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

If you are going to sell all our players to local rivals this summer can I suggest you don't appear like you're enjoying it. This summer is going to be bad enough anyway.

Yep, just like when I posted on here, hours before it was reported in media,  that Rovers' deal for Rhodes with Huddersfield was done.  Check the archives if you suffer from insomnia.

I have both family and friends who support PNE, some with good connections with the club.  I posted some weeks ago the gossip about PNE and Mahoney.  Well there is similar gossip now about PNE and Lenihan.  Only time will tell but I would be very surprised if these two lads were not on a Grayson short list. 

Pains me to say it but PNE seem much better organised on the scouting / recruitment front than Rovers.  Five years ago we paid £7millionish for Rhodes whilst there was a lad on our doorstep who went to Leicester for comparatively not much more than a bag of fish and chips - we know the story!

I wouldn't bet a 'nine bob note' that either Mahoney or Lenihan will be here when next season kicks off.  If you think I derive any joy from that then you are seriously deluded.

Just now, Mercer said:

Yep, just like when I posted on here, hours before it was reported in media,  that Rovers' deal for Rhodes with Huddersfield was done.  Check the archives if you suffer from insomnia.

I have both family and friends who support PNE, some with good connections with the club.  I posted some weeks ago the gossip about PNE and Mahoney.  Well there is similar gossip now about PNE and Lenihan.  Only time will tell but I would be very surprised if these two lads were not on a Grayson short list. 

Pains me to say it but PNE seem much better organised on the scouting / recruitment front than Rovers.  Five years ago we paid £7millionish for Rhodes whilst there was a lad on our doorstep who went to Leicester for comparatively not much more than a bag of fish and chips - we know the story!

I wouldn't bet a 'nine bob note' that either Mahoney or Lenihan will be here when next season kicks off.  If you think I derive any joy from that then you are seriously deluded.

I wouldn't bet they'll be here either. And North End may be their destination. They're hoping to have a new 'Premier League' training ground in place by 2018. I'm glad you won't be linking our players with every Club under the sun this summer, and I'm glad you won't be enjoying it.  

Grayson will have an in-depth knowledge about the situation at Rovers. He is a regular at games with his son playing for the Under 23s. He will know what the contract situations are and will know about the laughable 'offers' Rovers recently made to Tommy Spurr and Ben Marshall in an 'attempt' to keep them beyond the expiry of their contracts. 

I imagine they are very much interested in one or two of Rovers crop. Rovers are willing sellers and have probably been encouraging the likes of Preston to bid for players in recent times. It would be absolutely no surprise to see someone like Lenihan to end up there. A bid of about £500k should do the trick. Expect Cheston 'we can't compete on our gates' to go quiet when clubs like Barnsley and Preston are poaching our best players as his boring excuses don't wash when up against clubs with similar gates and revenues.

Its soul destroying and an insult to the academy if this is the sort of thing that's going to be happening.

Just imagine having a Category A academy, putting millions a year into what should be one of the best academies in the land, having a status that many Premier League clubs can't achieve, yet losing the products of that academy for nothing to the likes of PNE. Disgusting.

3 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

It does seem the way similar to the LT.

We even put up with Nobheads taking the pliss and telling us, albeit politely, they will buy our best youngsters.

Tell them to feck off.

Just now, frosty said:

Wondering whether our best young prospect would be better off at Barnsley or Preston. Frightening how far we've fallen (and will continue to fall).

From Conor's point of view - Yes, he could develop in a stable environment.

From the Vs etc point of view - Yes, some cash?

From a Fans point of view - No - we lose real talent someone worth watching. We lose a real footballer.

Preston fan was telling me a couple of years ago that Hemmings through one of his companies was writing off something like 300/400k per month just running North End. That mounts up over the years so I doubt it'll go on forever.

17 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Just wondering how you've come to that conclusion? Having had a quick read around the forum before I joined, it seems you wanted Grayson to move to Rovers (wouldn't happen anyway), so what makes you think this now. No doubting what a good job Heckingbottom has done at Barnsley but curious as to how you know he develops players better than Grayson.

16 hours ago, Mercer said:

Someone with good contacts within PNE on our forum was saying we want 3 young lads from Rovers. Guessing at Mahoney, Nyambe and Lenihan but I may be wrong.

If you're referring to Vardy, after we were relegated in 2011, Phil Brown wanted to sign him from Halifax before he went to Fleetwood but our chairman at the time Maurice Lindsay (rugby man) said 100k was too much of a gamble! :(

16 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

I wouldn't bet they'll be here either. And North End may be their destination. They're hoping to have a new 'Premier League' training ground in place by 2018. I'm glad you won't be linking our players with every Club under the sun this summer, and I'm glad you won't be enjoying it.  

Ingol golf club announced they are shutting down this week so it's another stepping stone towards it happening. All depends on whether the council allows Hemmings to put houses down to next to it to fund the training ground. He's tried for solely houses on the site twice already and failed both time.

5 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Nobend will be finding themselves in a similar position as us as Hemmings withdraws his cash input and scales back his activity. Even a season with us in the league below is a better option than them !

He wrote off more than £30m a few years ago and continues to keep us afloat with contributions whilst keeping the club debt free. https://www.insidermedia.com/insider/northwest/111990-debt-restructure-preston-north-end

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

Preston fan was telling me a couple of years ago that Hemmings through one of his companies was writing off something like 300/400k per month just running North End. That mounts up over the years so I doubt it'll go on forever.

He put in around £4m last season according to the accounts, I think.

Archived