BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

In fairness he has more reason to do well than most. He is still young enough at 28 where he could have a few good years, he is under contract so will either have to stay here or try to get a move elsewhere, some heroic displays in the last 5 games would go some way towards redemption for the off the field stuff. 

Here's hoping 

At 14 k pwk including Graham's 26 k pwk that's 40k for two players which equates to 2.1 million before NI Pensions and loyalty costs, around 25 percent of next seasons wage budget

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

At 14 k pwk including Graham's 26 k pwk that's 40k for two players which equates to 2.1 million before NI Pensions and loyalty costs, around 25 percent of next seasons wage budget

Which is completely unsustainable in League One and why both will be elsewhere come next season - along with the majority of the senior players.

Nice little job for those tasked with moving all these players out and finding a load of cheapies to mix with the youth for next season.

Now one more time, why is a bloke called Paul Senior really here ?

%%%%%%%%%

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Which is completely unsustainable in League One and why both will be elsewhere come next season - along with the majority of the senior players.

In one! So if we were not payday or ST loaning it the fall in interest amounts would be substantially less meaning cash from Raos would be needed which they'd stump or they lose out on the lot. 

That parsons is why no STs should be purchased imo to enforce this situation to occur as its basically the funding of 20 goals and an increased promotion shot by retaing Danny Graham next year like Bolton did with Jay Spearing on the same wage as Danny.

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

How do you know what both players are on?

Just now, DanielMB said:

I hate Venkys as much as the next guy but hopefully they will put money in to get us back to the Championship instead of making us sustainable in League 1. I might be setting myself up for disappointment....

FFS pal. Look at the facts, it's disputable whether they've entered any penny of their own into the club coffers. 

43 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Trust me the source came very close with the club three weeks ago and bayes has since tweeted stokes alleged wage bracket of 12-15k

From I heard last summer Stokes was on 12k and Graham was on 20k. 

Graham has performed and scored goals. Shame about the injuries tbh

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Ok you pulled me up yesterday over some transfer fee but could not substantiate the actual figure yourself, given you can't with your own post now quoted but questioned my own understanding can you explain why exactly?

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Ok you pulled me up yesterday over some transfer fee but could not substantiate the actual figure yourself, given you can't with your own post now quoted but questioned my own understanding can you explain why exactly?

Dunnfc, the PNE fan said it was 600k for Wright. Not 3 mil. He was out of contract this season. Surely he is in a better place to know this us. 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dunnfc, the PNE fan said it was 600k for Wright. Not 3 mil. He was out of contract this season. Surely he is in a better place to know this us. 

Yeah, Wright went to Bristol City (very odd move under their current manager/predicament) for around 600k because he was out of contract in the summer and apparently just refused to even discuss a new contract.

He's a decent player but not much between him and the likes of Boyle and Baptiste who've joined this season.

Ref . Mahoney .. Was talking to a guy today who's son is a pal of Connor's it would seem the issue is not the amount they have offered him per week as a championship club , it's the amount they want him to drop to should we be relegated .. 3 figures apparently 

Just now, AJW said:

Ref . Mahoney .. Was talking to a guy today who's son is a pal of Connor's it would seem the issue is not the amount they have offered him per week as a championship club , it's the amount they want him to drop to should we be relegated .. 3 figures apparently 

Which just goes to show how vital it is we stay in the Championship.

4 hours ago, AJW said:

Wonder if the $alesman , powerpoint and the man of mystery will be taking a cut in wages if we drop and Burnley Bob happy to make do with a cheese and ham toastie instead of a three course

I think this is the template Venkys are aiming for. Third division (which is what it is) squad of youngsters all earning a few hundred a week with the odd "experienced player' i.e. someone over 30 who's on his last legs and will take what he can get for one more season.

No chance of promotion of course, no idea what the end game is (if there is one) but then its nothing to do with us is it?

Mahoney won't play for that much and neither will any decent youngster so goodbye to the Academy players, we are rearing them to play for other clubs.

On 14/04/2017 at 4:21 AM, chaddyrovers said:

Bumped into guy from Morecambe yesterday who hails from Glasgow and is a red-hot Celtic fan. Travels to every home and away game on the Blackpool Celtic Supporters bus.

There's actually a Torquay Celtic supporters bus did you know? Now that is devotion!

Anyway we chatted about Celtic-Rovers connections and he absolutely raved about Stokes. Said what a gifted player he was, how well he'd done at Hibs and how he'd destroyed Rangers on his own in the Scottish Cup Final.

I didn't risk saying how crap Scottish football was! Still, if Stokes can get his head right maybe he can turn things around?

On Thu Apr 13 2017 at 11:47 PM, north_ender said:

Yeah, Wright went to Bristol City (very odd move under their current manager/predicament) for around 600k because he was out of contract in the summer and apparently just refused to even discuss a new contract.

He's a decent player but not much between him and the likes of Boyle and Baptiste who've joined this season.

Thanks for the info

2 hours ago, 47er said:

I think this is the template Venkys are aiming for. Third division (which is what it is) squad of youngsters all earning a few hundred a week with the odd "experienced player' i.e. someone over 30 who's on his last legs and will take what he can get for one more season.

No chance of promotion of course, no idea what the end game is (if there is one) but then its nothing to do with us is it?

Mahoney won't play for that much and neither will any decent youngster so goodbye to the Academy players, we are rearing them to play for other clubs.

Was talking to a few Preston lads last night and their verdict was if you think the championship is a hard league wait to you get down there. With the reduction in quality that nearly all teams have to under go after a season or so in there you literally have to boot your way out of it.

No place for a team of kids.

Just now, Suhail Slayer said:

reports that remaining players will take a 50% pay cut if we go down.

You would think that would motivate a better display than we saw against Barnsley.

Really hope that we can get a rare two wins on the bounce tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, Suhail Slayer said:

reports that remaining players will take a 50% pay cut if we go down

Bet Senior and Suhail wont be taking pay cuts though.

And then theres that contractual bonus to Owen.

What reports? 

If they are true then You could say it is sensible to down so. 

How do you know that Owen will get a contractual bonus?

Archived