BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Jason has been one of the standout improvements since Tony took charge.

Is he one of our best? Probably not.

Should he be captain? Definitely not, doesn't have the presence on pitch imo.

Should we want to keep him? A resounding yes because he plays multiple positions, is homegrown and still has room to develop.

Should we want to him to leave? No. Big picture says we need to sell him if we've developed him, not force out one of our starting 11 on a free. 

Would we miss him? Depends if he's replaced. I'm constantly told here that the only way is down with Venkys so ultimately he won't be, so yes we'd miss him.

Does he get a fair deal? Not in my view. My opinion sits firmly in his camp, I see both pros and cons but ultimately I think he's useful for bottom half championship club cutting back.

Is his wage worth saving? Answer is I don't know, is he on a big contract? Would he take a cut etc?

TL:DR we should be looking to keep him, not parade his exit as a success. The same posters will be complaining when he's replaced by Willem Tomlinson, but I guess appeased in the way that a ready made scape goat waits in the wings.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
Just now, Jbizzle said:

Should we want to keep him? A resounding yes because he plays multiple positions, is homegrown and still has room to develop.

Should we want to him to leave? No. Big picture says we need to sell him if we've developed him, not force out one of our starting 11 on a free. 

Would we miss him? Depends if he's replaced. I'm constantly told here that the only way is down with Venkys so ultimately he won't be, so yes we'd miss him.

Does he get a fair deal? Not in my view. My opinion sits firmly in his camp, I see both pros and cons but ultimately I think he's useful for bottom half championship club cutting back.

Is his wage worth saving? Answer is I don't know, is he on a big contract? Would he take a cut etc?

TL:DR we should be looking to keep him, not parade his exit as a success. The same posters will be complaining when he's replaced by Willem Tomlinson, but I guess appeased in the way that a ready made scape goat waits in the wings.

TL;DR's go at the top mate :P

Just now, Jbizzle said:

Au contraire. When he does leave all those championing him now with suddenly find the skin peeled from their eyes!

Just now, Stuart said:

Au contraire. When he does leave all those championing him now with suddenly find the skin peeled from their eyes!

Not quite. He's never going to be creative, dynamic or a "dunny" but "we" as in the team, will miss his qualities. 

The Lowe situation comes down to this.

At the moment he'll be coming to the end of a 5 year deal that is worth somewhere between £15,000 and £20,000 a week.

Cheston, Pasha and Senior will have earmarked that £20k per week as an area to cut, as they could pay 4 free agents for that rather than 1 Lowe.

They probably do want to keep him as Lowe is their poster boy, however in this new era of austerity they will be offering him 50% wage reduction and a 2 year extension rather than 4 or 5 years which someone his age might expect.

Obviously the problem has been caused by the reckless spending days as Lowe was never worth £15-20k a week, £10k per week is his maximum value and should have been all he was given back at the start.

I find it very hard to believe that Premier League clubs are hovering, although stranger things have happened. He's a good age, a good athlete, never gets injured, can play in several positions and has a lot of experience, so perhaps it isn't so far fetched to believe someone will take a punt on him for free and relatively low wages in the grand scheme.

Of course we should be trying to keep him because we all know his replacement will be of inferior quality, just like almost all business has been in recent years.

I'd bet my house Hull and WBA aren't interested. It will be his agent trying to drive up interest and get the club to offer him a new contract. There will be dozens of freebies that will take half his wage that have more quality . Even if Tomlinson replaced him we would be no worse off. I would genuinely start him over lowe

Gossip is there are two tight wage structures planned for next season, one for Championship the other for Div 1 - seemingly, Lowe knows about this and will be off.  If he stays, irrespective of which division we are in, pretty sure he faces one helluva wage cut.  Frightening numbers, if correct, - slash payroll by minimum of 40% (more if relegated).

Just now, Mercerman said:

Gossip is there are two tight wage structures planned for next season, one for Championship the other for Div 1 - seemingly, Lowe knows about this and will be off.  If he stays, irrespective of which division we are in, pretty sure he faces one helluva wage cut.  Frightening numbers, if correct, - slash payroll by minimum of 40% (more if relegated).

All part of the good summer the best under Venkys that some have told us to expect.

A recipe for disaster.

Mowbray said after walking out of a Coventry was that you can't build a side on loans and frees.

2 hours ago, Jbizzle said:

The same posters will be complaining when he's replaced by Willem Tomlinson, 

Good post. Fans have some daft ideas - they wave goodbye to the likes of Hanley and Duffy and many other good players over the years and say good riddance when their loss clearly makes the team weaker. Lowe's been one of our stand-out players since his return from a long term injury and is getting better all the time. He would be sorely missed and it's inevitable that any replacement would be an inferior player. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he left in the summer for a PL club though.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Good post. Fans have some daft ideas - they wave goodbye to the likes of Hanley and Duffy and many other good players over the years and say good riddance when their loss clearly makes the team weaker. Lowe's been one of our stand-out players since his return from a long term injury and is getting better all the time. He would be sorely missed and it's inevitable that any replacement would be an inferior player. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he left in the summer for a PL club though.

I'd be surprised if he played more than a handful of games at that level. He's only just worthy of a place in a team that's 4th from the bottom of the Championship. Some people would argue he's not even that good. I haven't seen him this season but previously my opinion was that he was one of the least talented players ever to pull on the shirt.

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

He played 38 matches in the Premier League before we were relegated. 

Under the manager that dropped N'Zonzi and Salgado despite there being enough cash around to pay his bonus. Not really credible.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Nzonzi and Salgado are irrelevant.. Kean and every manager since has picked Jason Lowe when he's been available. That's reality. 

You are going to cite Kean as your reference? Brilliant. The only thing Kean would have overseen is a ridiculous contract.

But actually N'Zonzi and Salgado are not irrelevant, unless you believe Lowe was better than them.

Steven nzonzi who has just been knocked out of the champions league with a seville side who sit third in la liga and won the uefa cup last season. salgado who won countless trophies at possibly the greatest club on earth or jason lowe captaining a team in the championship thats spent the majority of the season in the relagtion places who can leave for free and only relagtion bound hull who are also tightening the purse strings are intrested.  id say the managers are wrong

Just now, jim mk2 said:

...........said the plank who was "physically ill" when Mowbray was appointed. 

Incorrect plankster.

And I've already made my peace over that. Look forward your admission of a mistake - you've made plenty - perhaps calling Kean a manager could be your first. I won't hold my breath.

Just now, Stuart said:

Incorrect plankster.

And I've already made my peace over that. Look forward your admission of a mistake - you've made plenty - perhaps calling Kean a manager could be your first. I won't hold my breath.

He's got "Premier League manager" on his CV. You're an internet nobody who was "physically ill" when Mowbray was appointed. Enough said.  

Whatever anyone thinks of Lowe as a player, it is crazy to allow him to fall out of contract and go for free in the summer.

Venkys are their own ( and our) worst enemy.

After nearly seven years they still have not got round to working out this contract stuff!

Same goes re Connor Mahoney. 

Archived