BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

5 hours ago, tomphil said:

When they sign 3 year contracts a year ago they are committing to the cause and the club is committing to them so it should continue that way unless there are other clauses inserted which say different or a genuinely big offer comes in that suits all parties, end of.

I wouldn't let him go on the cheap but if a reasonable offer came in & he wanted to leave then yes I'd accept it. He hasn't said he wants to leave & a acceptable offer hasn't been received so don't see any dramas. When a player comes out & says he wants to leave (beginning of the end) I don't see much point in keeping them if a acceptable offer was offered with them 2 factors combining. The notion that theres some benefit to Brfc keeping a player from leaving against his will is laughable. Play with the contract.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, islander200 said:

That guy knows nothing afella.Caddis has been on trial for ages and we were reported to be close to signing a new striker over the weekend by the Let reporter.Then yesterday Nixon said it was Sameul.If they do both sign its hardly a Jamie McConnell exclusive.The guy knows nothing he just sees a rumour and pawns it off as his own

No fair enough the story did break about Samuel. 

I myself wasn't aware caddis was on trail until the lads went back last week. We were linked with him in January. 

On 10/07/2017 at 13:25, chaddyrovers said:

can I asked you why you though he be a good signing and what qualities will he bring to the team?

I suggested Samuel because he's capable of becoming a bit of a target man at 6.2/3 but he can actually run with the ball and finish well. Pacey not fast fast but not a slouch, 23 so time to improve and sell on. We'd get more value as a signing of him then someone like Lambert.

A flyer of a season in L1 could see him build up to the Championship nicely and mean one less signing we have to make next year.

5 hours ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

I'd caution anyone being too confident in predicting Venkys (for good or bad) I don't think they even know what they are going to do next.

They know exactly how to pocket a wad of cash from someone like lenihan.  Nay bother

14 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Joe Nuttall on trial at Blackburn former Man City striker. Scored a hatrick on debut

Looked pretty decent tonight.  Would like to see him against better opposition but the lad certainly looks worth giving a few games to see how he goes on.

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

They know exactly how to pocket a wad of cash from someone like lenihan.  Nay bother

One thing for certain about there reign, when it comes to signing players it's a long drawn out process. When it comes too selling players they're quicker to get deals over the line than Usain Bolt passing the line at Beijing 2008 

Archived