SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Every player does have his price - even Jack had to let Shearer go when the player wanted out.  Sadly, players - or rather their agents - seem to rule things in football these days.  I suspect Lenihan's agent is the one who is pressing for the move rather than the player.

The big difference you don't state is that Jack did everything possible to persuade him to stay

.By contrast Lenihan's fee will already have been factored in when Dack was bought.

7 minutes ago, 47er said:

The big difference you don't state is that Jack did everything possible to persuade him to stay

.By contrast Lenihan's fee will already have been factored in when Back was bought.

Aye Jack priced him out of everyone's reach and I think even he was surprised when the Geordies agreed to stump up hence him asking for it in one lump plus the admin costs.

Couldn't really do much more to try and keep him and I suppose Shearer had earned the right to ask to go unlike a all to prove yet kid who's only a third the way through his contract.

13 minutes ago, 47er said:

.By contrast Lenihan's fee will already have been factored in when Back was bought.

If not actually Lenihan someone is going to be sold in this window to cover the incoming players fees.

Lenihan has become the current bookies favourite.

20 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Aye Jack priced him out of everyone's reach and I think even he was surprised when the Geordies agreed to stump up hence him asking for it in one lump plus the admin costs.

Couldn't really do much more to try and keep him and I suppose Shearer had earned the right to ask to go unlike a all to prove yet kid who's only a third the way through his contract.

Yeh, he nearly went the year before, just after we had won the league, but Uncle Jack persuaded him to stay another season with the promise (and more money) that if he still wanted to leave at the end of that season he would let him go, but only to Newcastle. Jack kept to his word and let him go. Also rebuffed a few approaches from United, Jack wasn't having him going there, think United were willing to pay even more than Newcastle did.

2 minutes ago, AAK said:

Yeh, he nearly went the year before, just after we had won the league, but Uncle Jack persuaded him to stay another season with the promise (and more money) that if he still wanted to leave at the end of that season he would let him go, but only to Newcastle. Jack kept to his word and let him go. Also rebuffed a few approaches from United, Jack wasn't having him going there.

Worst football day of my life when he went ?

• Backroom

Hope we haven't hit a snag / Venkys coughing up issue with this lad

Anytime a signing drags you have to fear the worst 

I don't know why some people think we can't hold on to Lenihan if we want.  I'm sure lots of bids are rejected for players at clubs throughout the league, most of them just get on with it, a small percentage cause problems.  Lenihan doesn't seem that kind of person to me and I can't imagine him not giving 100 percent.

I'd caution anyone being too confident in predicting Venkys (for good or bad) I don't think they even know what they are going to do next.

16 minutes ago, Tom said:

Hope we haven't hit a snag / Venkys coughing up issue with this lad

Anytime a signing drags you have to fear the worst 

Exactly how I feel.Most of our signings have been completed on a Tuesday too.Will be no point in him going to Austria at this rate

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Exactly how I feel.Most of our signings have been completed on a Tuesday too.Will be no point in him going to Austria at this rate

Ironic really, because whenever I think of Venky's, I also instantly think See You Next Tuesdays. 

• Backroom
33 minutes ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

I'd caution anyone being too confident in predicting Venkys (for good or bad) I don't think they even know what they are going to do next.

If history is anything to go by then ultimately whatever they choose to do will be to our detriment.

1 minute ago, Irishrover213 said:

Looks like it Jamie mcconnell reporting 2 additions and caddis one of them 

Jamie McConnell knows @#/? all about @#/? all. He isn't reporting anything because he's not a reporter. 

34 minutes ago, Irishrover213 said:

Looks like it Jamie mcconnell reporting 2 additions and caddis one of them 

Wouldn't listen to anything that guy says, he knows as much as the rest of us which is Fook all! 

Just now, Irishrover213 said:

In fairness I don't mind him. He's better than nixon I find. 

Hopefully see a few coming in a few days

That guy knows nothing afella.Caddis has been on trial for ages and we were reported to be close to signing a new striker over the weekend by the Let reporter.Then yesterday Nixon said it was Sameul.If they do both sign its hardly a Jamie McConnell exclusive.The guy knows nothing he just sees a rumour and pawns it off as his own

• Backroom
15 minutes ago, Irishrover213 said:

In fairness I don't mind him. He's better than nixon I find. 

Hopefully see a few coming in a few days

He's a horrible bloke, knows nothing at all, he was once called out on it and he cited a source from Ewood, I called the source who at first laughed but at the same time was concerned that some pathetic attention seeker was using his name as a leak. With Venkys you never know and he could have got a decent person in hot water over a made up rumour to try and give himself credibility.

The worm backtracked in double speed.

Please don't give him a second of attention he knows nothing - at all

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Just seen Joe Rankin Costello not in Austria. Got to say I'm disappointed. Think he'd be good in league 1 currently. Has a lot of potential.

he is probably better getting an hour over  here than just a few minuets in Austria

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

He's a horrible bloke, knows nothing at all, he was once called out on it and he cited a source from Ewood, I called the source who at first laughed but at the same time was concerned that some pathetic attention seeker was using his name as a leak. With Venkys you never know and he could have got a decent person in hot water over a made up rumour to try and give himself credibility.

The worm backtracked in double speed.

Please don't give him a second of attention he knows nothing - at all

Ah didn't know that thanks for the heads up 

• Backroom
Just now, Irishrover213 said:

Ah didn't know that thanks for the heads up 

Sorry may sound harsh just found it really unfair to try that just to buy some credibility 

Archived