BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

55 minutes ago, tomphil said:

No one has heard Lenihen say he wants out have they ?  What we have here is the usual stuff of the onus being put on him bit by bit via here and other places.

Co incidence he happens to be the most saleable asset ?   I think not,  wise up people this is a repeat pattern.

He'll be being branded a greedy twohat on here before long started by a few newbies.

Would it not be a idea to just wait & see what happens & reserve judgement until it does. Too many people shoot from the hip on here instead of ascertaining the facts first.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead
3 minutes ago, Biz said:

What do you expect from everyone? To agree with you?

Or to carry on the cathartic bitching about everyone and anything connected to BRFC in 2017?

For future reference, a joke has humourous context ;) 

Not at all, but my point is that if players 'aren't that good anyway' but they're playing at a higher level than we are, then I'd suggest it was that person's judgment that in fact isn't that good anyway....

How would you know? :P

14 minutes ago, Bluebarley said:

Would it not be a idea to just wait & see what happens & reserve judgement until it does. Too many people shoot from the hip on here instead of ascertaining the facts first.

You wanna lay a bet on how this will turn out ?

Then again don't bother because we know every player 'has a price' so that's always the get out clause in a sale in terms of justification.

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Then again don't bother because we know every player 'has a price' so that's always the get out clause in a sale in terms of justification.

Every player does have a price & I'd cash in on players who don't want to be here & sign players who do. We can't keep players against there will even if contracted they don't want to be here might as well sell & get a replacement in to bed in. We don't even know for a fact anyone is leaving or wants to leave. Like I said let's reserve judgement.

Just now, Bluebarley said:

Every player does have a price & I'd cash in on players who don't want to be here & sign players who do. We can't keep players against there will even if contracted they don't want to be here might as well sell & get a replacement in to bed in. We don't even know for a fact anyone is leaving or wants to leave. Like I said let's reserve judgement.

Aye but it won't be anywhere near 5 mill i'd say anything around 1 mill will start the ball rolling for this one. Anyway we'll see.

6 minutes ago, Bluebarley said:

We can do this. Many clubs do. 

18 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Quite. Another standard line is the message that the player, himself, wants out. 

I know I resent those players, who really do want out, as opposed to it being a convenient excuse for the club...BUT..I have learned to ask:

What is the context?

What signals are being sent about the overall aim, purpose and direction of the club? 

What is the evidence of the club's ambition?

3 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Quite. Another standard line is the message that the player, himself, wants out. 

I know I resent those players, who really do want out, as opposed to it being a convenient excuse for the club...BUT..I have learned to ask:

What is the context?

What signals are being sent about the overall aim, purpose and direction of the club? 

What is the evidence of the club's ambition?

If for certain a decent percentage of the money always got reinvested in a replacement for outgoings then a lot would have a different take on it I think especially with what seems to be the first capable manager we've had for a while. TM seems the type who would bring in a good replacement but all this 'wait and see' lark just doesn't cut it under Venkys and co it never has we've been stung a thousand times so I don't know why people come out with it.

I'd rather the official line ( not Nixon line ) be we won't entertain any bid of less than 2 million and that's the end of it. Everyone knows where they stand then including the player and yes you can keep an unhappy player when he's not far into a contract he signed particularly a young one you fling him on the bench until he bucks his ideas up or farm him out on loan and use his wage on a replacement loan.

Can't have players the ilk of Lenihen calling the shots, not to say he actually is mind.

35 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Every player does have his price - even Jack had to let Shearer go when the player wanted out.  Sadly, players - or rather their agents - seem to rule things in football these days.  I suspect Lenihan's agent is the one who is pressing for the move rather than the player.

4 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Every player does have his price - even Jack had to let Shearer go when the player wanted out.  Sadly, players - or rather their agents - seem to rule things in football these days.  I suspect Lenihan's agent is the one who is pressing for the move rather than the player.

Just out of interest what would you consider a fair price for Lenihen ?

I can't see Bennett wanting to leave, seems happy at the club and a decent enough lad to know he's onto a good thing. I've been worried about Mulgrewn and Lenihan since we got relegated personally. We'll just have to see what happens. Any talk of them not being that good is nonsense.

51 minutes ago, tugayislegend said:

Gillingham fans rate him.

''I would take this lad all day long he's a natural goal scorer and skilful he did well for us last time round''

''And I'd add that for me, were we to sign him, it would be the first signing I'm properly enthused about and would at last show some real intent, rather than players who, no disrespect, look decidedly squad like (rather than first teamers) or League Two.''

Read more: http://www.gillingham.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=6917&posts=3#ixzz4mWWPvCDF

21 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Have you any idea why Kinder is off Parson?

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

:blink:

Tbf Newcastle legitimately bid £20m for Cairney (and it was rejected!) so I suppose £10m for Lawrence sort of makes sense in that context. Still utterly ridiculous though. 

Archived