BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

20 minutes ago, Tom said:

Funny - Nicko said last week that Ipswich were going to beat Barnsley to this signing.

He's just tweeted this:

'Blackburn. Signing Samuel from Reading. Up to 500k. Decent wages. More than Barnsley and Ipswich willing to pay. #prayforthechickens'

Loves an exclusive this guy, doesn't quite fit with his hissy fit about the reason for not signing McMahon

Anwyay according to Wiki:

Personal lifeEdit

Samuel attended Southwark Park Primary School between 2003-2007. In 2007, he took part in the school's 'Alternative Yo-Yo' competition to raise money for Comic Relief, finishing runner up after answering every question that week at school with the answer 'yo', reaching a total of 83. Samuel's class raised a total of £34.80 and were thanked in a school assembly by a local politician who joined the class on stage in a group 'Yo!'.

Just doing his usual bit of muck raking probably looking to spark a reaction from Barnsley & Ipswich fans horrified that skint league 1 Blackburn are allegedly offering more wages than them.

Click bait, failed bit part local journos do similar in regards to things that don't concern them. Attention seeking trying to stay relevant, nothing more.

Anyway decent signing I think, bit of pace and potential.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading fans seem fairly positive about him, consensus seems to be, good player, will be very good in league 1 and should be good enough for Championship once he gets a full season under his belt

53 minutes ago, Tom said:

Personal lifeEdit

Samuel attended Southwark Park Primary School between 2003-2007. In 2007, he took part in the school's 'Alternative Yo-Yo' competition to raise money for Comic Relief, finishing runner up after answering every question that week at school with the answer 'yo', reaching a total of 83. Samuel's class raised a total of £34.80 and were thanked in a school assembly by a local politician who joined the class on stage in a group 'Yo!'.

Apparently he strings a few passes up and down the field as well

18 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Anybody know what type of striker he is? Hopefully he's like s*** off a shovel.

Well, Gavlar, he's a 65 rated Silver striker on Fifa 17. A very mediocre attacker rating of 62, even less as a creator at 48 - which leads you to believe he plays off the shoulder and is a finisher rater than a supplier. 

Key stats (from FIFA):

79 pace (split 78 acceleration, 79 speed)

63 shooting (66 finishing, 61 shot power and 58 long shots - usually meaning he scores most his goals from inside the box)

64 dribbling (65 ball control, 59 balance - not great!)

67 physical (71 jumping and 71 strength - although only 57 on aggression).

Similar players: Conor Washington (QPR), Tom Lawrence (Ipswich), Cauley Woodrow (Fulham).

I expect this will be of absolutely no help.

9 minutes ago, dallydally said:

Sorry missed that. So nowt special then?!

Well, Pace is his key stat - so its what he's most known for, if thats any help.

In terms of existing squad - Emnes has 82 pace, Feeney has 86. So slower than those two.

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 14:44, Dunnfc said:

Dominic Samuel of Reading made available as no longer required. I'd be all over this. At L1 level his Ioan record is 1 in every two games. Quickish target man at 6.3, young at 23/24 to improve. 

Mentioned this lad the other week, exactly the profile bill of signing we should be taking a risk upon in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Darius Vassell had pace, but he was crap. Lets not base how a player will be viewed on his FIFA pace stats. A bit silly 

Football Manager stats preferred?

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

No probs: 

dominic-samuel_-overview-profile-3.png

I havent played it in around 3 years. Was spending too much time on it. I see there is even more detail now/ 

Going off the above, he seems to have the attributes that a striker needs. Finishing and flair are good. Looks to have good physical stats too, with room for improvement. 

Just the type of signing we need. Raw attributes with potential to improve. 

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

I made the comment about relying on loan players because it's happened every summer. Venkys like to use loans as it saves them the need to spend money and hand out contracts. We've only added 4 players having released 12 and yet already the talk is shifting to using the loan market to fill things up.

Loan business should be left to the last couple of weeks as and when people come available to top up the squad and add something different. Not as a cornerstone of our squad building. If we sign 7 players and 2-3 of them are loans then that is a cornerstone of our transfer policy.

If the motivation behind the small squad is entirely Mowbray's decision then fine, that's up to him, but if the motivation behind it is Venkys wanting to save more money and refusing more than a limited number of incomings then that isn't fine as it will be hindering our 'promotion push'.

I'm a strong believer in looking at other clubs and how they have done their business. Our proclaimed target this season is automatic promotion, so it would be sensible to look at recent examples of sides that have done that. Sheffield United had a 28 man squad last season with about 3 of them brought through from the academy. Bolton had a squad of pushing 30 albeit with 3-4 sent out on loan. I think expecting/hoping to get promoted with a squad of 18-22 including 3-4 academy lads is going to be pushing it. Maybe I'll be wrong on that but I'd sooner have a squad bigger than necessary than one too small for the long hard season ahead.

how is bringing in 2 loan players from PL club being over relying on them. its with be 2 out of 8 signings

has Mowbray already said Loan business will be done in the last couple of weeks?

on the 12 players released which 6 players were loans, out of out of contract who would you have kept?

Brown and Greer too old, Guthrie injury prone, Lowe and Akpan on too much wages to re sign them. Plus on the 12 released, Some didn't feature much under Mowbray last season like Brown, Greer, Hendrie, Akpan and Hoban.

Small squad? Mowbray appears to have the owners backing and they are trusting him with Signings and spending some money

Mowbray can always look to sign more players if needed in January or towards the end of this transfer window depending on results, forms and injuries if need been. Bolton signed about 4 players after January transfer deadline had passed.

2 hours ago, unsall said:

good movement by Samuel for the goal

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Funny - Nicko said last week that Ipswich were going to beat Barnsley to this signing.

He's just tweeted this:

'Blackburn. Signing Samuel from Reading. Up to 500k. Decent wages. More than Barnsley and Ipswich willing to pay. #prayforthechickens'

sounds like Nixon is still upset over us sacking his friend Owen Coyle

25 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Mentioned this lad the other week, exactly the profile bill of signing we should be taking a risk upon in my opinion.

can I asked you why you though he be a good signing and what qualities will he bring to the team?

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

how is bringing in 2 loan players from PL club being over relying on them. its with be 2 out of 8 signings

has Mowbray already said Loan business will be done in the last couple of weeks?

on the 12 players released which 6 players were loans, out of out of contract who would you have kept?

Broand Greer too old, Guthrie injury prone, Lowe and Akpan on too much wages to re sign them. Plus on the 12 released, Some didn't feature much under Mowbray last season like Brown, Greer, Hendrie, Akpan and Hoban.wn

Small squad? Mowbray appears to have the owners backing and they are trusting him with Signings and spending some money

Mowbray can always look to sign more players if needed in January or towards the end of this transfer window depending on results, forms and injuries if need been. Bolton signed about 4 players after January transfer deadline had passed.

good movement by Samuel for the goal

sounds like Nixon is still upset over us sacking his friend Owen Coyle

can I asked you why you though he be a good signing and what qualities will he bring to the team?

2 out of 8?!? I'm sure we've currently y signed 4.

Small squad?!? - It's tiny. We got rid of 12+ and have brought in to date 4. It's small. Yes there is time to add but you can't use that as a defence against it being small at the moment. And hey, it's not like Venkys have ever pulled the plug on funding or lied...

As for signing players in January, the damage may already be done with an understrength squad. Also it's a stupid idea to be reliant on rectifying problems in January - best way to solve them is not to let them occur,

Btw I totally agree with JHRover - we were utterly too reliant on loans last season. In fact a lot of the core team/players were loans. It gives us no stability or momentum to build and is one of the many reasons we went down.

Archived