SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Expectations very low on this one, all I've seen Rich comment is he is faster than Lambert which is setting the bar very very low.

29 minutes ago, islander200 said:

We've agreed 125k fee with Burton to bring Luke Varney back to the club

I'll break my no posting vow for that one! Varney is as useless as Feeney and nobody wants him in the team. A useless and unpopular signing if true.

18 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Read that as this mystery striker plus one more permanent followed by 2 loans.  Surely we would need more than that especially if Stokes leaves?  Especially as Caddis could be the final 'permanent signing'.  No problem waiting for the 'Premier loans' but we need 8 permanent players in surely.

No, we don't need 8 more permanent signings. How do you work that one out? 

20 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Someone has said that the striker is Lukas jutkiewicz. Don't know if I believe that.

Ex dingle! Not a prolific striker, played under Mowbray at Coventry.

6 minutes ago, AAK said:

It was Middlesbrough he played under Mowbray.

He's pretty average, not a single goal in over 30 apps for the dingles.

2 minutes ago, AAK said:

I think Mowbray brought him to Boro, not Coventry. Can't see Birmingham letting him go unless Harry has lined up a new army of strikers. He's a decent target man an a better option then Lambert, but being on a 3 year contract I find it hard to believe.

Watkins at Exeter is also an unlikely target. Far too expensive and targeted by bigger clubs. David Wheeler of the same club is more realistic and with pace to burn, though more considered as a right winger.

John Akinde at Barnet is also mentioned and more likely target. Would also be pricey 

Guess we will soon find out...

Just now, briansol said:

I think Mowbray brought him to Boro, not Coventry. Can't see Birmingham letting him go unless Harry has lined up a new army of strikers. He's a decent target man an a better option then Lambert, but being on a 3 year contract I find it hard to believe.

Watkins at Exeter is also an unlikely target. Far too expensive and targeted by bigger clubs. David Wheeler of the same club is more realistic and with pace to burn, though more considered as a right winger.

John Akinde at Barnet is also mentioned and more likely target. Would also be pricey 

Plus Watkins is actually a CM.

11 minutes ago, briansol said:

Robbie Keane is apparently off to Birmingham. What a signing he would be for League 1 

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Stokes at Hibernian today on the pitch, having a jolly - even booting a ball.

Get this cretin out of our club. @#/? of the highest order.

Agreed. Don't care if he 'could score goals in League 1 if he knuckles down' - I'd rather him not be at the club at all.

7 minutes ago, frosty said:

Agreed. Don't care if he 'could score goals in League 1 if he knuckles down' - I'd rather him not be at the club at all.

From the LT article TM says; "We are short in the forward areas, we only really have Danny Graham and that’s what we’re working on"

Stokes does not feature at all in his planning now, whereas he did a week or so ago.

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Could it be John Marquis? Turned down a new contract from Doncaster. 

I can absolutely gaurentee it isn't Bogle, if that helps. 

1 hour ago, briansol said:

Fair play mate

Archived