BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a bit rich of Lenihan to claim he doesnt want to play L1 tbh. What, he's had 1 full season as a first team regular (and got relegated) and now he thinks he is Mr Big @#/?? I doubt any of them 'want' to play L! but they are all part of the reason they are playing it in the first place. We develop the guy and as soon as he makes a breakthrough he wants out. If he wanted out cos of our chit owners i'd understand but don't use L1 as an excuse at this time in his career.

I really expected it to be Stokes and possibly Graham or Mulgrew that didnt want to play L1 as they are late in their careers now.

Just now, JacknOry said:

We develop the guy and as soon as he makes a breakthrough he wants out. If he wanted out cos of our chit owners i'd understand but don't use L1 as an excuse at this time in his career.

Same as Mahoney, and he's a Rovers fan. Money trumps all.

1 hour ago, AJW said:

Reading between the lines my view is Lenighan wants to leave .. The 2 bids from Sheffield Utd are made public .. Lenighan tells Rovers he doesn't want to play league 1 football ... The valuation of £5m is "released" .. Queue Mowbray saying he wants him to stay but every player has a price .. That's basically him put up for sale then

We've had the bravado already from Rovers with the £5 million 'valuation'. I seem to remember similar with Rudy Gestede when the talk all summer was that Venkys were demanding £9 million and then all of a sudden he was sold for £6 million. No doubt Venkys and their friends want/expect 5 million now but give it 5 or 6 weeks and it will be obvious by then that nobody is going to be paying that, then expect a reduction in their demands with him sold for '£2 million' which is actually £1 million up front with add ons.

Hopefully I'm wrong and we keep hold of him. But we've seen it all before in recent seasons with a manager saying a player isn't for sale or has a high valuation only for him to then be swiftly sold with minimal reinvestment. I'd expect better from Lenihan given his recent progress at the club and the support the club has given him from a young age but then again what's to say he hasn't had word that the club have been touting him around? Its not as though there isn't a very long and recent track record of it happening here.

9 hours ago, Husky said:

I've been away from football. Did I miss any dodgy deals?

I just remember seeing a figure of £500,000 banded about for another unheard of - to which other clubs are seemingly running away from.

Ya, people you have heard of cost considerably more than that.

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

How does everyone know that Lenihan wants out? I saw one poster say on here that he heard it from a  friend. Nowhere else have I read or heard this. Anyone got any info?

Couple of posters said that TM said it at the shareholders meeting.

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Yes but a c0uplenof posters also stated that lenihan had told Mowbray that he would like to stay 

No need to shoot the messenger, I was just answering BigDogs question. I don't know either way whether he wants to stay or not. Would be nice if anyone could clarify either way.

No one has heard Lenihen say he wants out have they ?  What we have here is the usual stuff of the onus being put on him bit by bit via here and other places.

Co incidence he happens to be the most saleable asset ?   I think not,  wise up people this is a repeat pattern.

He'll be being branded a greedy twohat on here before long started by a few newbies.

11 minutes ago, tomphil said:

No one has heard Lenihen say he wants out have they ?  What we have here is the usual stuff of the onus being put on him bit by bit via here and other places.

Co incidence he happens to be the most saleable asset ?   I think not,  wise up people this is a repeat pattern.

He'll be being branded a greedy twohat on here before long started by a few newbies.

That seems to happen here a good bit. Someone posts a comment saying they "heard something" next thing people are discussing it as fact. 

22 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

No need to shoot the messenger, I was just answering BigDogs question. I don't know either way whether he wants to stay or not. Would be nice if anyone could clarify either way.

Wasn't having a go at you just saying it hasn't been confirmed  Lenihan wants to move8

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That seems to happen here a good bit. Someone posts a comment saying they "heard something" next thing people are discussing it as fact. 

I think agents go to work whether the player says i'm staying or not it's their job and he may be happy to stay unless something interesting comes up like a decent championship club and decent money. That's the way it is but at Rovers what you then get in the mix is people working on behalf of the club, owners, shadows doing their own bit to drum up interest in anyone and everyone despite what gets said in public or told to the manager.

I think previous managers have hinted heavily at this in the past, poor form but typical underhand Venky regime stuff.

Just now, tomphil said:

I think agents go to work whether the player says i'm staying or not it's their job and he may be happy to stay unless something interesting comes up like a decent championship club and decent money. That's the way it is but at Rovers what you then get in the mix is people working on behalf of the club, owners, shadows doing their own bit to drum up interest in anyone and everyone despite what gets said in public or told to the manager.

I think previous managers have hinted heavily at this in the past, poor form but typical underhand Venky regime stuff.

Happens at all clubs i'd say. Look at the Lukaku saga.

Lenihan should be made to stay. Simple as that. He is under contract and has hardly set the world alight here yet. It is to no ones benefit that he would leave 

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Happens at all clubs i'd say. Look at the Lukaku saga.

Lenihan should be made to stay. Simple as that. He is under contract and has hardly set the world alight here yet. It is to no ones benefit that he would leave 

I am sure his agent would disagree

• Moderation Lead

If Lenihan does leave, I'm looking forward to people saying 'he wasn't even that good anyway' a la Marshall, Hanley, Duffy etc when they're all playing at least one division higher than us....

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

If Lenihan does leave, I'm looking forward to people saying 'he wasn't even that good anyway' a la Marshall, Hanley, Duffy etc when they're all playing at least one division higher than us....

Khod, when did you turn into chief wallower? 

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Bloody hell lad, it was only a joke! I'm not wallowing at all!

Haha lighten up! Looking forward to argue the toss with those who have their opinions on players leaving...? :) 

FYI:

Glad Marshall left, crap haired miserable tosser

Gutted Duffy n Hanley went.

Not fussed about Mahoney either! 

• Moderation Lead
3 minutes ago, Biz said:

Haha lighten up! Looking forward to argue the toss with those who have their opinions on players leaving...? :) 

FYI:

Glad Marshall left, crap haired miserable tosser

Gutted Duffy n Hanley went.

Not fussed about Mahoney either! 

It was a joke pal, meaning that people saying players are no good, yet they're playing in a higher division than the club is something I find quite amusing.

Hanley and Marshall are not even regulars at their new clubs, Duffy is but is a complete tosser and its too early to tell on Mahoney. On the whole though, losing all of them should be seen as weakening our team.

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

It was a joke pal, meaning that people saying players are no good, yet they're playing in a higher division than the club is something I find quite amusing.

What do you expect from everyone? To agree with you?

Or to carry on the cathartic bitching about everyone and anything connected to BRFC in 2017?

For future reference, a joke has humourous context ;) 

Archived