BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 9.30Pm Tonight - New Social Media Hashtag

I have emailed the LT editor the following message. If I don't get a reply I will email again, and again.

Hello,

I am writing to you as I am sure that many of this newspaper's hierarchy are aware of the developing news situation at Blackburn Rovers Football Club, namely the release of documents relating to the questionable ownership of this once well run Club and bastion of the town and community.

Having once written a successful fans column for your paper/website I fully realise the legal implications of anything that is reported on, as well as the power and importance the Club has in relation to your publication. All I would ask at this stage is that in the interests of Journalism you use your skills and connections to dig deeper into this story which runs deep into local community and economic interest, and is not just about sport.

A petition against supposed corrupt or improper behaviour at the club has raised 1000's of signatures to date yet nothing has been reported by your paper. This at least is a newsworthy story, without treading into potentially libellous areas just yet. Surely the influence of the club on the paper is not so great yet that this news piece can be ignored?

I have in my posession several documents of interest relating to this case. I am sure you already have them but am happy to share what I have on request. There is a big story to uncover here at the core of your readerships interest, football fans or not. I hope you can make a difference.

Regards,

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The printed side of media is dying and newspapers are having to rely more and more on web versions supported by advertising; the web versions of local papers (LT, LEP, Lancs Evening Gazette) are all struggling and may not survive. This sadly is impacting on the quality and the number of journalists (more likely these days to be reporters rather than journalists) who are paid less than they were 15 years ago (this is true)!! In general the standard of journalism has dropped, little real investigation is taking place and they simply report on the news gleaned from elsewhere.

My Brother was a journalist and was the winner of the Journalist of the Year for his investigative work. He now simply reports news that he gleans from other sources (eg. local newspapers web sites) and regurgitates it.

The future has been social media for some time. As last night shows we can get to a far wider, and influential, audience than the LT will ever be able to do.

Focus on social media first rather than the LT, although the LT is still important in our campaign.

Last night was the start.

Campaigns and events can be organised at short notice with what are effectively 1000's of "organisers"; the authorities and Rovers will struggle to contain it if it mushrooms.

Keep the pressure up at the same time EVERY night. Keep it clean, and refrain from any personal abuse.

We can and we will drive out the V's.

Stay united. COYB

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2213963/Nick-Harris-Steve-Kean-turned-14-9m-Blackburn-deal.html

Seems like Kean's additional £1.6m was well known years ago (by some). All the more harrowing in black and white though.

However, if he gets an additional £1.6m irrespective of division, why wasn't this just part of his normal salary?

I have emailed the LT editor the following message. If I don't get a reply I will email again, and again.

Hello,

I am writing to you as I am sure that many of this newspaper's hierarchy are aware of the developing news situation at Blackburn Rovers Football Club, namely the release of documents relating to the questionable ownership of this once well run Club and bastion of the town and community.

Having once written a successful fans column for your paper/website I fully realise the legal implications of anything that is reported on, as well as the power and importance the Club has in relation to your publication. All I would ask at this stage is that in the interests of Journalism you use your skills and connections to dig deeper into this story which runs deep into local community and economic interest, and is not just about sport.

A petition against supposed corrupt or improper behaviour at the club has raised 1000's of signatures to date yet nothing has been reported by your paper. This at least is a newsworthy story, without treading into potentially libellous areas just yet. Surely the influence of the club on the paper is not so great yet that this news piece can be ignored?

I have in my posession several documents of interest relating to this case. I am sure you already have them but am happy to share what I have on request. There is a big story to uncover here at the core of your readerships interest, football fans or not. I hope you can make a difference.

Regards,

Awesome work.

Please tell me you signed it Darth Paul (quality name)

I'd have to really sit down and study his contract but this bit really jumps out:

5.1.7 in addition to the applicable basic salary referred to at clause 5.1.6 above, the Manager shall be entitled to receive an additional salary payment in the sum of £1,611,000 (one million six hundred and eleven thousand pounds) gross per annum from 1st July 2013 to 30th June 2014 (“the Additional Salary Payment”); and

Some very positive news.

A lady on twitter has managed to get brilliant investigative reporter Heidi Blake interested in what has happened at Rovers.

A bit of background on Heidi: http://www.ibc.org/speaker-library/heidi-blake

She has then asked me to talk to Heidi and give her some background etc. which I have done so this morning. Heidi is on holiday until next week but will go through all of the leaked documents and get back to me towards the end of next week.

If we can get her to do a story on Rovers it would be HUGE. She has the reach and more importantly the reputation to seriously rattle some cages at Ewood, the FA and also in Pune. Her team also have the resources to fully investigate all of this thoroughly.

Some very positive news.

A lady on twitter has managed to get brilliant investigative reporter Heidi Blake interested in what has happened at Rovers.

She has then asked me to talk to Heidi and give her some background etc. which I have done so this morning. Heidi is on holiday until next week but will go through all of the leaked documents and get back to me towards the end of next week.

If we can get her to do a story on Rovers it would be HUGE. She has the reach and more importantly the reputation to seriously rattle some cages at Ewood, the FA and also in Pune. Her team also have the resources to fully investigate all of this thoroughly.

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

An absolutely superb effort by the lady on Twitter for getting this off the ground and to your good self for your work this morning.

Hats off to both of you.

I love that in the Letter from the clubs lawyers to the 'agents' lawyers, the owners were apparently duped because they were confused by the definitions of the words 'maximum' and 'minimum'.

In a contractual agreement written in English, they failed to have a native English speaker check the full details... Just incompetent beyond belief!

I love that in the Letter from the clubs lawyers to the 'agents' lawyers, the owners were apparently duped because they were confused by the definitions of the words 'maximum' and 'minimum'.

In a contractual agreement written in English, they failed to have a native English speaker check the full details... Just incompetent beyond belief!

That is why they employed agents to help (confuse) them.

Is everything that Glen has included in his email everything out there to be seen or is there more out there that the public can see? Thank you very much for compiling that btw Glen.

If there's more to be seen, please could somebody PM me or give me an email address to ask? Thanks in advance

I understand there is a huge amount more but it is up to the people who hold it as to whether they want to face the repercussions (read the emails of Glen, Kamy and others so these are not purely legal matters) of making it public.

At least seven investigative journalists have bulging Blackburn Rovers files. As yet the professionals have not got the really incendiary stuff out into the open because it has not passed the lawyers so that in itself raises as much of a question mark about the veracity of the material as it does the vulnerability of the UK legal system to people with deep pockets.

Some very positive news.

Brilliant work so far, lay it on thick Kamy!

• Backroom

Heidi will have the freedom of Blackburn if she plays a key role in removing these shysters.

Won't get too excited yet but well done Kamy and Lucy B.

It really does feel like there is a huge momentum shift occurring. I wonder if Venky's will shake themselves out of their "confusion" for a few moments to react?

Archived