BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 9.30Pm Tonight - New Social Media Hashtag

10000 copies of the incendiary stuff could be given out at the Wolves game, banners saying "we know your secrets", etc. Sky wouldn't be able to shy away from it then. Throw the documents on the pitch like Charlton did, there are loads of ways of forcing the media to discuss the documents.

Rovers going to be discussed on the Colin Murray show this morning on Talksport....

Danny Murphy is currently on so I can't see it being in our favour.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There must have been some reason for them. An additional salary that is significantly more than the base salary INCLUSIVE of original bonuses? :blink:

Absolutely insane and it makes you wonder what others who supported Kean ended up pillaging from the club.

It's certainly a way of getting your and possibly your partners money stake money back out of the club or maybe like a divi payment for being an unofficial shareholder.

I've always believed there are a good few besides Venkys holding stakes in Rovers and I think all this stuff points to that.

10000 copies of the incendiary stuff could be given out at the Wolves game, banners saying "we know your secrets", etc. Sky wouldn't be able to shy away from it then. Throw the documents on the pitch like Charlton did, there are loads of ways of forcing the media to discuss the documents.

Danny Murphy is currently on so I can't see it being in our favour.

Is he? I thought it was Matt Holland and a journalist (forget his name) today

Does anyone think there is information in these leaked documents that could actually spell the end of Venky's ownership?

I haven't read them all but it sounds to me that they show Venky's incompetence (which we already knew) but it doesn't reveal anything actually incriminating, I really hope I'm wrong though.

Agreed. The only thing i've read that might suggest there's more to it than the docs we've seen is a tweet by 'sportingintel'. It's the paragraph in the lawyers letter that concerns Crescendo and it's contractual agreements with Venky's prior to the acqusition of the club. The Sporting Intel guy calls this 'the crux of the whole saga' as well as some 'third-party player ownership'. He obviously knows what's gone on and presumably has the docs to prove it? He's had the docs that were released re Kean's contract since 2011 he says (and all the rest of the docs presumably). He even did a story on it in the Mail in 2012.

https://mobile.twitter.com/sportingintel/status/765137385873149956/photo/1

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-2213963/Nick-Harris-Steve-Kean-turned-14-9m-Blackburn-deal.html.

forget about the game at Cardiff tomorrow night this is much bigger in the long term future of Blackburn Rovers football club, we should take over twitter again tonight and every time the rovers twitter account tweet about the game, we need to respond to it ( we don't care #venkysout)

I really find it very difficult to believe that Kean walked away from that contract for 1.2 mill compen. That doesn't add up and I wouldn't be surprised if there are several more reasons he's hiding out in Brunei, the home of crescendo and land of many hidden bank accounts.

Yes. One thing I want is more information regarding Kean's departure. There doesn't seem to be much in that respect, plenty of info about Shaw and Singh but nothing really about the mechanics of Kean's departure. There was always a big question mark over why he decided to walk when he did and how it came about. Did he jump or was he pushed by someone? Why did it suddenly happen the day before the Charlton game? Was it Shebby Singh's involvement or something else?

Reading these documents it seems even more odd why Kean would volunteer to walk away from the club when he did. The team were in the top 6 at the time after a decent start to the season. He'd 'weathered the storm' of mass protests and relegation. The new season was still in its early stages. He'd put up with 2 years almost of furious protests and clung on for dear life and then suddenly decides to give it up at the least expected time. At the time I thought he had walked away as part of an image stunt - so that he could play the victim and point to our league position as a sign that he was doing a decent job - but I can't believe that Kean would forfeit multi-millions in salary that we can now see he was entitled to in his contract.

Knowing what we now know about prior involvement of Crescendo and then Kean suddenly decides to resume his managerial career in Brunei is very interesting.

forget about the game at Cardiff tonight this is much bigger in the long term future of Blackburn Rovers football club, we should take over twitter again tonight and every time the rovers twitter account tweet about the game, we need to respond to it ( we don't care #venkysout)

I think the games tomorrow gaz.

Just on the contract incentives, I could well be wrong, but I can't see anything thats illegal in those.

Yes they're nauseating and appear to reward failure but they're contracts agreed between owners and employee, they can say whatever they want, nothing illegal about them as far as I can tell.

Philipl, are these the docs you presented to 'the powers that be' a few years ago that got the once over and dismissed? by sporting intelligence also?

The bit about no sponsorship and the V's expecting a 4 million one jumped out at me about them maybe expecting some financial return.

Whatever their role they are still a bunch of con artists who've let themselves be outworked and when this has become apparent they've given little thought to the welfare of the club and every thought to fighting in the background to try and salvage something from their 'investment'.

I really find it very difficult to believe that Kean walked away from that contract for 1.2 mill compen. That doesn't add up and I wouldn't be surprised if there are several more reasons he's hiding out in Brunei, the home of crescendo and land of many hidden bank accounts.

Spot on, the snake will be hiding out there for a reason.

Yes. One thing I want is more information regarding Kean's departure. There doesn't seem to be much in that respect, plenty of info about Shaw and Singh but nothing really about the mechanics of Kean's departure. There was always a big question mark over why he decided to walk when he did and how it came about. Did he jump or was he pushed by someone? Why did it suddenly happen the day before the Charlton game? Was it Shebby Singh's involvement or something else?

Reading these documents it seems even more odd why Kean would volunteer to walk away from the club when he did. The team were in the top 6 at the time after a decent start to the season. He'd 'weathered the storm' of mass protests and relegation. The new season was still in its early stages. He'd put up with 2 years almost of furious protests and clung on for dear life and then suddenly decides to give it up at the least expected time. At the time I thought he had walked away as part of an image stunt - so that he could play the victim and point to our league position as a sign that he was doing a decent job - but I can't believe that Kean would forfeit multi-millions in salary that we can now see he was entitled to in his contract.

Knowing what we now know about prior involvement of Crescendo and then Kean suddenly decides to resume his managerial career in Brunei is very interesting.

Yes there is far more meat to put on the bones of that one for sure ! Are we still continuing to pay him & others off via transfer % ? Or more horrific do they still hold a stake or a contract that entitles them to constant divis via stealth ?

• Backroom

There are definitely big question marks surrounding why Kean chose to quit - and as you say, those questions increase when you look at the contract he was on.

The bit about no sponsorship and the V's expecting a 4 million one jumped out at me about them maybe expecting some financial return.

Whatever their role they are still a bunch of con artists who've let themselves be outworked and when this has become apparent they've given little thought to the welfare of the club and every thought to fighting in the background to try and salvage something from their 'investment'.

Legally the "club" is a PLC, corporate governance rules apply, coco's contract could be deemed not in the best interest of the PLC.

Agreed. The only thing i've read that might suggest there's more to it than the docs we've seen is a tweet by 'sportingintel'. It's the paragraph in the lawyers letter that concerns Crescendo and it's contractual agreements with Venky's prior to the acqusition of the club. The Sporting Intel guy calls this 'the crux of the whole saga' as well as some 'third-party player ownership'. He obviously knows what's gone on and presumably has the docs to prove it? He's had the docs that were released re Kean's contract since 2011 he says (and all the rest of the docs presumably). He even did a story on it in the Mail in 2012.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-2213963/Nick-Harris-Steve-Kean-turned-14-9m-Blackburn-deal.html.

Yeah, there could be something to that. Though it's ultimately a letter from Venky's lawyers, who are obviously defending their client. More would need to come out about 3rd-party ownership beyond text messages from ex-players, a letter from the former directors that's already widely known, or what Ferguson once said in a press conference...

Otherwise, I'm struggling to see the 'smoking gun' from what's been circulated so far... Kean's contract is absurd, but as it's written, he does make more as a Premier League manager than a Championship or League 1 manager. As crazy as it is that his salary is defined for if two successive relegations occur, it could be spun that given his 'base' salary drops with each relegation, it actually incentivises performance. Now, that's BS given he was guaranteed £1.6M/year as well, but the FA would grasp at whatever they could. More incriminating documents would be needed on what that guaranteed £1.6M is all about, not just inferrence...

(I don't mean to be so pessimistic, but for real change to occur, more is needed... I've only seen what's been widely circulated so far)

I believe Kean walked for reasons unrelated to money. In my humble opinion, he was fortunate to be able to walk.

This tweet is much more important than appears on the surface:

It confirms the Crescendo, ie Brunei, involvement prior to the acquisition of Rovers. If there are to be more leaks and my deduction is accurate, I suspect Brunei will feature. It might appear that Brunei is a great place for a seven year plus business relationship.

Archived