BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 9.30Pm Tonight - New Social Media Hashtag

Can someone resend me the quote please ASAP!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/8212027/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-warns-rise-of-the-agents-represents-a-serious-threat-to-footballs-future.html

The Manchester United manager was left disgusted by the sacking of his friend Sam Allardyce at Blackburn Rovers, blaming the involvement of player agency the SEM Group and sports rights agency Kentaro in advising the new owners, the Rao family.

“I think it’s very difficult these days [to build a club] with the life we’re in now,” he said. “There’s intense pressure on managers.

"You’ve got that issue at Blackburn of an agent involved and deciding the future of the club, Jerome Anderson [of the SEM Group], he couldn’t pick his nose.

"It’s baffling and it’s a serious threat to how clubs get run and how they conduct themselves.”

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone resend me the quote please ASAP!

Andy Cole - published 24th December 2010

Everyone, including Sam, is stunned. I'm not, because a trusted little bird told me two months ago what was going to happen.

He said that the club would be taken over by an Indian company and that Sam would be pushed aside, to be replaced by the coach Steve Kean. If Keano does well then he keeps the job.

http://www.thenational.ae/thenationalconversation/sport-comment/steve-kean-can-do-job-at-blackburn

It is not Paul's decision to write about this. I am sure he wants to do something but this will involve the legals and ultimately it will be Newsquest who will decide if the LT can cover this or not.

I know that Kamy...I'm not pointing the finger at Paul in particular, i'm sure he's a lovely bloke but the fact is the LT are poor these days, whether that's down to Newsquest or not.

I fee for Wheelock, yes he's a journo but he's paid by the local paper if he went rogue with it he would likely be out of a job

He pimps you out?!

Agreed though. The club would probably make life hard for the LT and it's journos if they started reporting on the leaked docs. The LT is an official partner of the club afterall. Be amazed if they reported it.

Andy Cole

Everyone, including Sam, is stunned. I'm not, because a trusted little bird told me two months ago what was going to happen.

He said that the club would be taken over by an Indian company and that Sam would be pushed aside, to be replaced by the coach Steve Kean. If Keano does well then he keeps the job.

http://www.thenational.ae/thenationalconversation/sport-comment/steve-kean-can-do-job-at-blackburn

We know Andy Cole was correct and that there are several people who know a whole lot more about what happened in the 12 months before Rovers were sold.

There is even a TV station which found material (never aired) which raised questions over who the money came from to buy Rovers.

Oh, and Sam was far too savvy- privately he was not caught by surprise by what happened.

It was JW, the Trust and the FA fit and proper team who bought a complete pup but in very trying and in hindsight utterly misleading circumstances.

• Backroom

He pimps you out?!

Agreed though. The club would probably make life hard for the LT and it's journos if they started reporting on the leaked docs. The LT is an official partner of the club afterall. Be amazed if they reported it.

It's becoming a national story, they're going to look pretty stupid if they don't cover it at this point - even if it's just acknowledging their existence and the impact it's having or may have going forward.

It's not protected in reality. If they want to sell interested parties have 6 months is it to come up with a plan to buy, I might be wrong but I think that is the jist of the community asset order, Paul will kmow the answer

The Asset of Community Value gives the opportunity for the Rovers Trust, or others, to make an offer. After an offer for sale it is a legal requirement for the six month period to be available to prepare and make the offer.

There is no obligation for the seller to protect the bid.

From what I recall an ACV brings pressure on the LA to consider any planning applications for change of use in the light of the ACV. Clearly housing is a change of use and so permission might not be granted on this basis.

This is my understanding and not a legal opinion. As far as I know this has not been tested in the courts.

There is a double lock on Brockhall and a lock on Ewood which thus far no end of legal attempts to release or pawn have not broken.

The tiny minority shareholders have a silent but important role in resisting any attempts to alter this.

When, as seems inevitable sometime, ownership passes to another owner at least two thousand miles south east of Ewood, BRAG and the Trust will have an important role to ensure these locks apply to Venkys' successors.

I don't know if the "lock" Philip refers to is the ACV or something else.

Shebby Singh ‏@SerbgethSingh

@1stblueblood @OfficialBigSam @FA @England I asked him back knowing very well it was wrong to sack him -all will come out one day the truth

5:10 pm - 22 Jul 2016

3 RETWEETS

May be useful to note too.

Liam.

The Asset of Community Value gives the opportunity for the Rovers Trust, or others, to make an offer. After an offer for sale it is a legal requirement for the six month period to be available to prepare and make the offer.

There is no obligation for the seller to protect the bid.

From what I recall an ACV brings pressure on the LA to consider any planning applications for change of use in the light of the ACV. Clearly housing is a change of use and so permission might not be granted on this basis.

This is my understanding and not a legal opinion. As far as I know this has not been tested in the courts.

Oh sh1t,

The legal bods could drive right throught it then

Ta very mucho.

Can anyone post Allardyces quotes from his book about being asked to go to London to meet Anderson and then presented with a list of players?

Its in his book, which I don't have :tu:

Archived