BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 9.30Pm Tonight - New Social Media Hashtag

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, there could be something to that. Though it's ultimately a letter from Venky's lawyers, who are obviously defending their client. More would need to come out about 3rd-party ownership beyond text messages from ex-players or what Ferguson once said in a press conference...

Otherwise, I'm struggling to see the 'smoking gun' from what's been circulated so far... Kean's contract is absurd, but as it's written, he does make more as a Premier League manager than a Championship or League 1 manager. As crazy as it is that his salary is defined for if two successive relegations occur, it could be spun that given his 'base' salary drops with each relegation, it actually incentivises performance. Now, that's BS given he was guaranteed £1.6M/year as well, but the FA would grasp at whatever they could. More incriminating documents would be needed on what that guaranteed £1.6M is all about, not just inferrence...

(I don't mean to be so pessimistic, but for real change to occur, more is needed... I've only seen what's been widely circulated so far)

I thnik the fact that he calls it the 'crux' of the matter and specifically quotes that part of the letter suggests he's done his research and seen the evidence on the pre-acqusition agreement with Crescendo. That part of the letter doen't 'defend' their clients, it's just a disclosure that there is an ageement but that he doesn't legally have to disclose what the agreement is. I wonder if anyone has documents relating to that agreement, or even the agreement itself? Or anything on 3rd party player ownership?

I believe Kean walked for reasons unrelated to money. In my humble opinion, he was fortunate to be able to walk.

This tweet is much more important than appears on the surface:

https://mobile.twitter.com/sportingintel/status/765137385873149956/photo/1

It confirms the Crescendo, ie Brunei, involvement prior to the acquisition of Rovers. If there are to be more leaks and my deduction is accurate, I suspect Brunei will feature. It might appear that Brunei is a great place for a seven year plus business relationship.

Philipl, are these the docs you presented to 'the powers that be' a few years ago that got the once over and dismissed? by sporting intelligence also?

Rochina deal discussed at length mentioned that he just got a transfer to Rubin Kazam for £10,000,000 having scored 8 goals in 50 games for Granada and seemed very suspicious of this..........."apparently 15% of that fee goes to Blackburn"

Just encouraged Blackburn fans to call in, I would but I'm worried I would become too angry.

Brilliant. I cannot bring myself to listen to that radio station so relying on reports here.

I know what you mean, terrible jobs for the boys radio station, hate it.

But Murray is one of the good guys, he's seeing out his contract at Talksh1te currently having resigned due to News UK (Who own The Sun newspaper) took over the station recently and him being a Liverpool fan and all that.

A man with principles :tu:

Philipl, are these the docs you presented to 'the powers that be' a few years ago that got the once over and dismissed? by sporting intelligence also?

No, those meetings were before the material now in the public domain became known and material I am told exists (I have not seen it) not in the public domain became known to several other parties.

I think the team which met Richard Scudamore, Jack Straw, Jake Berry, Graham Jones, the then Sports Minister Hugh Robertson and then the FA meetings did a brilliant job, not least getting meetings just six weeks before the London Olympics.

Had the team had the material which has now come into various people's possessions, the result would almost certainly been much more positive.

• Backroom

They've pinned their flags to the Rovers mast but are obviously treading very carefully in terms of legals.

Aye, they've said quite a few times they have to be careful due to potential legal issues.

I believe Kean walked for reasons unrelated to money. In my humble opinion, he was fortunate to be able to walk.

This tweet is much more important than appears on the surface:

https://mobile.twitter.com/sportingintel/status/765137385873149956/photo/1

It confirms the Crescendo, ie Brunei, involvement prior to the acquisition of Rovers. If there are to be more leaks and my deduction is accurate, I suspect Brunei will feature. It might appear that Brunei is a great place for a seven year plus business relationship.

I posted that tweet earlier. Has Harris ever had sight of the pre-acqusition agreement between Crescendo and Venky's? If so, why has he never run a story on it?

Rochina deal discussed at length mentioned that he just got a transfer to Rubin Kazam for £10,000,000 having scored 8 goals in 50 games for Granada and seemed very suspicious of this..........."apparently 15% of that fee goes to Blackburn"

Just encouraged Blackburn fans to call in, I would but I'm worried I would become too angry.

Stinks to high heaven that deal, like the one to bring him to Ewood.

• Backroom

Just asked:

'What is the reason and motivation for owners to continue to own if not making money or asset stripping'

They are talking about rovers but framing it as all clubs to stay safe

No, those meetings were before the material now in the public domain became known and material I am told exists (I have not seen it) not in the public domain became known to several other parties.

Thanks for that philipl.

Archived