BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Qpr Away

chor808

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a difficult one to predict. Defensively we looked much better against Fulham and one assumes Mulgrew will give the midfield a bit of extra steel. Hopefully Emnes will give us a bit of extra pace - either from the start or from the bench. Hopefully, now the window has closed, Marshall will get his head down and start to perform. A point here would give us something on which to build. Two draws against QPR and Leeds coupled with a win over Rotherham would give our season the kick-start it so badly needs. Coyle has a few options now and it's up to him to find the right combination on the pitch.

Captain fantastic would be dropped in my team.

My Team would be:- Steele Marshall Greer Hoban Williams Samuelsen Guthrie Mulgrew Conway Graham Gallagher

Pretty near the line up I would choose but maybe find a place for Emnes in place of Gallagher who can come on if Graham tires.

Pretty near the line up I would choose but maybe find a place for Emnes in place of Gallagher who can come on if Graham tires.

We could play 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 with the team Ive picked.

I like Gallagher alot. But its vital we starting crossing the ball with players like Gallagher and Graham. Tho Emnes does have pace which is what we have lacked before

We could play 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 with the team Ive picked.

I like Gallagher alot. But its vital we starting crossing the ball with players like Gallagher and Graham. Tho Emnes does have pace which is what we have lacked before

I suspect Coyle will stick with his preferred 4-2-3-1 system and fit the players around that. He's only played 4-4-2 in the two Cup-ties rather than in the League. Mulgrew will fit into one of the two defensive midfield roles but after that it is anyone's guess. Much will depend on where he decides to play Marshall.

I suspect Coyle will stick with his preferred 4-2-3-1 system and fit the players around that. He's only played 4-4-2 in the two Cup-ties rather than in the League. Mulgrew will fit into one of the two defensive midfield roles but after that it is anyone's guess. Much will depend on where he decides to play Marshall.

Why does manager after manager stick with formations and personnel that are ineffective instead of using one that works?

As a for instance, Lowe will continue to be the first name on the team sheet - if fit - when he should be dropped. Yet he is one of our so-called 'assets' that we will be stuck with next Summer.

I'll bet my neck he ends up being player of the season.

Why does manager after manager stick with formations and personnel that are ineffective instead of using one that works?

As a for instance, Lowe will continue to be the first name on the team sheet - if fit - when he should be dropped. Yet he is one of our so-called 'assets' that we will be stuck with next Summer.

Totally agree Stuart. Marshall would be my right-back and Lowe nowhere near the team.

When Gallagher and Graham started up together isnt it more like 4-4-2 formation tbf?

I would like to see either we used 4-2-3-1 formation with Samuelsen in the 10 role or play 3-5-2 with Marshall and Conway as wing backs

I think Brook will take him 5+ rounds maybe similar to Khan v Alvarez. He's arguably the best boxing wise that GGG has faced but the catchweight will probably do for him after he's been cracked a few times.

Golovkin all the way, as easy as QPR will turn us over.

Stokes should play, he scored 3 goals, he plays more as a 10 instead of stupidly playing Graham deeper and wasting him, and Gallagher spends all game offside.

Evans has to start too now hes fit again.

Steele / Marshall Greer Hoban Williams / Evans Mulgrew / Samuelsen Stokes Conway / Graham

Subs: Raya Ward Guthrie Byrne Emnes Bennett Gallagher

Maybe Guthrie instead of Greer with Mulgrew at CB.

Sadly I expect Lowe, Akpan and Gallagher to all start.

Is there any decent boozers in the vague vicinity of the ground? Can't even contemplate watching rovers without being mildly inebriated.

I've been to loftus road to watch Fulham I think it was and vaguely recall getting off at Shepherd's Bush tube stop where sure there was pubs but that must be 15 years ago and with West London the way it is all those pubs are probably now coffee shops, juice bars, boutique hotels or niche shops selling designer trilbys or something daft.

Stokes should play, he scored 3 goals, he plays more as a 10 instead of stupidly playing Graham deeper and wasting him, and Gallagher spends all game offside.

Evans has to start too now hes fit again.

Steele / Marshall Greer Hoban Williams / Evans Mulgrew / Samuelsen Stokes Conway / Graham

Subs: Raya Ward Guthrie Byrne Emnes Bennett Gallagher

Maybe Guthrie instead of Greer with Mulgrew at CB.

Sadly I expect Lowe, Akpan and Gallagher to all start.

I think the team you have picked is a good one. we disagree on one or 2 players.

for me, I would play Mulgrew in centre midfield. think him and Evans could protect the back 4. I would made either Evans or Mulgrew my captain

Is there any decent boozers in the vague vicinity of the ground? Can't even contemplate watching rovers without being mildly inebriated.

I've been to loftus road to watch Fulham I think it was and vaguely recall getting off at Shepherd's Bush tube stop where sure there was pubs but that must be 15 years ago and with West London the way it is all those pubs are probably now coffee shops, juice bars, boutique hotels or niche shops selling designer trilbys or something daft.

Shepherds Bush Green. I went QPR away in our relegation season and drank in a few decent boozers there

When Gallagher and Graham started up together isnt it more like 4-4-2 formation tbf?

I would like to see either we used 4-2-3-1 formation with Samuelsen in the 10 role or play 3-5-2 with Marshall and Conway as wing backs

I hope he doesn't switch the formation to a back 3. Coyle struggles to set the team up with a back 4, we would look even more chaotic with only 3 at the back.

We would ship goals at an even more alarming rate of knots.

No why does a manager choose a formation, where non of the players are able to adapt to. Not once in the last few years, have we played a system that suited the players. In fact, it says a lot about the managers and their pedigree, when they couldn't get that right. You play to the strengths of your players, and you pick a team that will be able to handle the opposition.

If opposition are a team that plays long ball, then pick a team that can counter that. The game over the years has changed, where you pick the same starting 11 week in and week out. Consistency is fine, but sometimes you need to change a few things to get the better of the opposition.

We clearly need a proper stable manager, but for now its all about Venkys Out

Archived