BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rotherham At Home

https://blueyedboy.wordpress.com/2016/09/21/only-one-swallow-but-loan-swan-looks-a-high-flying-bird/

Latest from Blueyedboy, Good read as ever, even if the content doesn't do much for some.

Agreed, always worth a read from a guy who is Rovers through and through.

I was there ...and ( as I'm sure you know) it certainly wasn't!...

We believed in Bancroft, Keighley, Fox, Furphy, Lee. Smith and Kendall etc. As for the current gravy train puppets, agents, spivs, common, tasteless Indians and gangsters, well ...

Just had a flashback to my nausea, when I saw Agnew in the Directors Box.

To be honest Leonard I don't think that is what he says. I think he makes the point that all clubs have suffered dark times but, like myself, he still enjoys his visits to watch the Rovers, the meeting of friends to discuss all things Rovers before and after a game. I know attending matches has become almost a crime to some but for many of us it is still something we enjoy.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'No foul hearted dark soul off BRFCC' from the biggest misery guts on the planet. LOL, the lad needs to have a day off with his smug sense of superiority.

You are joking?

The people who require time off are those who can't take an opinion piece which might not tally up to their own! I'd suggest 6 weeks.. Recharge the batteries.

IMO it's a good article from a good writer who says what he wants to say. He's not a reporter - it's a blog.

The stuff about people shaming others who still want to go and watch THEIR team is spot on - no matter what Mr Hampshire or anyone else says, this "you are supporting Venkys" is laughable. Comparing it to a standard business or product just completely ignores what a football club is.

You are joking?

The people who require time off are those who can't take an opinion piece which might not tally up to their own! I'd suggest 6 weeks.. Recharge the batteries.

IMO it's a good article from a good writer who says what he wants to say. He's not a reporter - it's a blog.

The stuff about people shaming others who still want to go and watch THEIR team is spot on - no matter what Mr Hampshire or anyone else says, this "you are supporting Venkys" is laughable. Comparing it to a standard business or product just completely ignores what a football club is.

So you moan you get called Mt Opposite but you call someone Mr Hampshire..

Don't protest ... Don't moan

So you moan you get called Mt Opposite but you call someone Mr Hampshire..

Don't protest ... Don't moan

When you've finished adding Paul Wheelock to the thousand page book of people you hate, why not have a read of this article being discussed, and reply to the post I made on it - rather that trying to stir up your general morning malaise of finger pointing!

When you've finished adding Paul Wheelock to the thousand page book of people you hate, why not have a read of this article being discussed, and reply to the post I made on it - rather that trying to stir up your general morning malaise of finger pointing!

Very true JB.

the article is good.

Ive explain the Paul Wheelock situation in the other thread. I think some people thinks its Paul who decide what stories to run but its aint. Its people above him who decide

Oh ok Chaddy aka journo stalker or groupie...thought you was ignoring me .

as opposed to what you do.

he still enjoys his visits to watch the Rovers, the meeting of friends to discuss all things Rovers before and after a game.

Really

His own words to quote would tend to contradict this - he admittedly starts to discuss other things with his mind elsewhere

' As the match got underway on Saturday the lad I sat next to on day one of Secondary School in 1970 and I were discussing ways to arrive in Venice for the first time and ways we’ll avoid getting ripped off for drink if we ever return.'

So rather than watch the match and support the team on the pitch occupies the time dreaming of holidays

To be honest Leonard I don't think that is what he says. I think he makes the point that all clubs have suffered dark times but, like myself, he still enjoys his visits to watch the Rovers, the meeting of friends to discuss all things Rovers before and after a game. I know attending matches has become almost a crime to some but for many of us it is still something we enjoy.

Surely Parson, you mean that you discuss all things Rovers except leaked documents? :):)

• Moderation Lead

You are joking?

Behave, mate!

He called people foul-mouthed dark souls, or whatever it was, when he's the biggest misery guts going. He makes light of people's decision to boycott and even suggests that's not what it is. When in reality, people have boycotted out of principle and for a host of other reasons. Very poor in my view and only serves to stir up the hornet's nest. It's absolutely no wonder we can't get anywhere near unity as a fan base with targeted prods like that.

There was a sense of smugness about the article as far as I'm concerned, which happens to be my opinion. Or am I not allowed to give an opinion on someone else's opinion? I've said opinion so many times now, that I've given myself a headache!! Opinion-ception.

Really

His own words to quote would tend to contradict this - he admittedly starts to discuss other things with his mind elsewhere

' As the match got underway on Saturday the lad I sat next to on day one of Secondary School in 1970 and I were discussing ways to arrive in Venice for the first time and ways we’ll avoid getting ripped off for drink if we ever return.'

So rather than watch the match and support the team on the pitch occupies the time dreaming of holidays

So a conversation he was having before the match started and which continued as the game began is now another reason for displeasure on here.

Surely Parson, you mean that you discuss all things Rovers except leaked documents? :):)

We've discussed the leaked documents when we are on the way to games amongst other things. Believe it or believe it not the documents are not the only topic of conversation for many supporters. Many are still interested in the football.

Behave, mate!

He called people foul-mouthed dark souls, or whatever it was, when he's the biggest misery guts going. He makes light of people's decision to boycott and even suggests that's not what it is. When in reality, people have boycotted out of principle and for a host of other reasons. Very poor in my view and only serves to stir up the hornet's nest. It's absolutely no wonder we can't get anywhere near unity as a fan base with targeted prods like that.

There was a sense of smugness about the article as far as I'm concerned, which happens to be my opinion. Or am I not allowed to give an opinion on someone else's opinion? I've said opinion so many times now, that I've given myself a headache!! Opinion-ception.

"Foul mouthed dark souls"? Yes, I am guilty, as charged. But I can only ask him to remember how and why LOL

So a conversation he was having before the match started and which continued as the game began is now another reason for displeasure on here.

Believe it or believe it not the documents are not the only topic of conversation for many supporters. Many are still interested in the football.

no - but as you and many others state they enjoy going to watch and support the lads on the pitch

Time and place to discuss the holiday plans don't you think and as you state still many interested in the football which for what is going on would for me be the prime content of conversation I would have thought given when and where it is

They are not my words but the smug person you care to defend

Behave, mate!

You aren't replying to what he is saying you are just basically writing him off as "smug" or whatever - that's surely not the kind of opinion we want here, K-mod?

He makes several points - you've touched on only one (the likely bumper crowd if we'd played PNE or pool at home in the cup) point that you thought was unfair - don't you remember recent trips to city/Liverpool and the home attendances? I've said it for ages - whilst a few of you are principled boycotters, most of the missing 10,000 are completely apathetic or just bored of the standard of football and would return at a drop of a good fixture, Venkys or no Venkys!

Blaming him for a lack of unity? Are you deliberately ignoring the mass divisive posting here about "Venky apologists"? Or the sham that was the very Australian drama like GM vs WA? Aren't they a little more damaging, since all momentum and passion was wasted on some bitter soap opera style "no I should be involved, no I should, no I should!"

The guy has a opinion, argue the toss his points - but don't just write him off or you become another one of the many brfccers who can't take others having a viewpoint of their own!

We've discussed the leaked documents when we are on the way to games amongst other things. Believe it or believe it not the documents are not the only topic of conversation for many supporters. Many are still interested in the football.

I don't believe those documents should be the only topic of conversation, its just that you told us you and your mates had never discussed them on the way to the game nor on the way back! :rock:

You aren't replying to what he is saying you are just basically writing him off as "smug" or whatever - that's surely not the kind of opinion we want here, K-mod?

He makes several points - you've touched on only one (the likely bumper crowd if we'd played PNE or pool at home in the cup) point that you thought was unfair - don't you remember recent trips to city/Liverpool and the home attendances? I've said it for ages - whilst a few of you are principled boycotters, most of the missing 10,000 are completely apathetic or just bored of the standard of football and would return at a drop of a good fixture, Venkys or no Venkys!

Blaming him for a lack of unity? Are you deliberately ignoring the mass divisive posting here about "Venky apologists"? Or the sham that was the very Australian drama like GM vs WA? Aren't they a little more damaging, since all momentum and passion was wasted on some bitter soap opera style "no I should be involved, no I should, no I should!"

The guy has a opinion, argue the toss his points - but don't just write him off or you become another one of the many brfccers who can't take others having a viewpoint of their own!

You say you hate venkys but are firmly in the it's the protesters fault , time to choose your side and as for the just another brfccers comment then make sure you use the right abbreviation before slagging us ... It's brfcs .

If you don't like us why post apart from wumming

I don't believe those documents should be the only topic of conversation, its just that you told us you and your mates had never discussed them on the way to the game nor on the way back! :rock:

Makes one wonder the real reasons it's not discused

Bloody Hell mate, Hyde Park Corner for you!

Bloody Hell mate, Hyde Park Corner for you!

I don't normally read Jbizzle's posts but since you quoted it I think it's spot on. I'm sick of being labelled "Venky lover" because I still want to attend.

I said they were discussed when we went to QPR.

People taking others people to task about what conversations they had at matches is all rather Orwellian, isn't it?

The Ewood thought-police say you must not go off-topic!

Chairman Mao would be flushed with pride

I thought you knew meadows that on BRFCS these days we all have to think the same, do the same and act the same. I don't know were you get these strange ideas about independent thought and actions from.

People taking others people to task about what conversations they had at matches is all rather Orwellian, isn't it?

Nothing of the sort meadows unless everybody wants to go all literal or wonder what Emperor Ming is doing with Flash Gordon in 1984 ( then again many parallels could be drawn from Orwells book to what is happening at Rovers)

Its the case as always if you wish to open yourself up on a blog or t##tter/faceless book etc - prepare for backlash or questions

As I have said before - nothing wrong in my book with attending but don't try to defend your corner saying its about enjoying and supporting the lads and come out with statements as blueeyed boy when all and sundry is up the spout with the club which for most I would think would and should probably be the prominent subject

I don't normally read Jbizzle's posts but since you quoted it I think it's spot on. I'm sick of being labelled "Venky lover" because I still want to attend.

only the ones refusing to protest1875 .

what do you think of the "Foul mouthed dark souls"?

I think I said to Gav the other week that we discussed them when travelling to the QPR game. We've talked about Glen's revelation about the sub against Leicester but most folk simply couldn't take it seriously. People have opinions which some may, or may not agree with, but that's the nature of football, indeed of life in general.

Archived