BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rotherham At Home

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent result which gets us back in the mix.

Rotherham must be one of the favourites for the drop with us since their away form is awful. Getting a 3/4 goal spanking every away game is only going to end one way and there are not enough home games for them to get the points needed for survival.

In some ways had a loss seen Coyle replaced with Warnock, long term a loss may have been more beneficial. However that is far from guaranteed so perhaps 3 points is for the best.

Looking at our next few games picking up points will be difficult so vital that we got the win today.

You haven't attacked them exactly but you've been rather snotty about it all! Also its disingenuous to have a laissez-faire attitude towards protest and boycotting.

I'm old-fashioned too and I believe in "one out all out".

While you seem to believe that no protest could possibly work, you can't deny that the most effective protest would involve everyone.

I rererepeat, an empty stadium would shift them.

Really? I didn't go and I'm really happy we won.

er---how do you reach that conclusion? We're not, its quite a civilised discussion.

That might work in North Korea but not here...

When you have fans saying they won't protest EVEN IF IT GUARANTEED VENKY'S LEFT, you have to wonder where people's loyalties lie... to the club or to their superfan status?

Except there are no guarantees with this lot Amarillo as you well know.

Other fans aren't the enemy here however crap things have become..

Except there are no guarantees with this lot Amarillo as you well know.

A hypothetical scenario was raised, would you take part in a protest if it was guaranteed to oust Venky's.

A certain member kept dodging the question until finally admitting that he wouldn't. It's no wonder we're in the position we are when people won't fight for the club under any circumstances.

A hypothetical scenario was raised, would you take part in a protest if it was guaranteed to oust Venky's.

A certain member kept dodging the question until finally admitting that he wouldn't. It's no wonder we're in the position we are when people won't fight for the club under any circumstances.

Okay, just to play devil's advocate;

If, through stopping the Venky's Out proceeds, we were guaranteed to return to the promised land of the Premiership would you stop protesting?

This doesn't mean by the way that I think this would ever happen............

I'm not a big fan of hypothetical questions, there's usually some form of agenda attached to them.

• Moderation Lead

I think we need to get away from this browbeating of people who don't completely align with the majority viewpoint on this board.

Regardless of whether we like it or not, some people won't agree with others and their views need to be respected. I'd hate for people to think twice about posting because their views don't concur with most on here.

(All IMO of course).

Okay, just to play devil's advocate;

If, through stopping the Venky's Out proceeds, we were guaranteed to return to the promised land of the Premiership would you stop protesting?

This doesn't mean by the way that I think this would ever happen............

I'm not a big fan of hypothetical questions, there's usually some form of agenda attached to them.

Don't give a @#/? if we won champions league I won't step foot on Ewood until they leave.

Don't give a @#/? if we won champions league I won't step foot on Ewood until they leave.

If we won the champions league from 23rd in the championship without even being entered it, I'd be willing to give Coyle another few months... :)

Glad for those who still go that we won. No true Rovers fan should ever hope for defeat, especially when there's nothing to suggest relegation would rid us of Venkys - so we need to be in the best possible position for someone to pick up the pieces. Hopefully this good attacking/poor defending can scrape enough points.

Emnes is bloody brilliant. Touch and his balance and skill is premiership quality. Looks like the best signing so far.

Great team performance yesterday. We looked very balanced throughout, and the front two were immense. Marshall and Conway were great as well, playing in their proper positions. Would like to see Bryne in the team with Evans in the middle.

Nice to see the rovers playing a 4-4-2 at home and scoring plenty.

Emnes was head and shoulders above all his team mates in his intelligent football play.

Not only could he control the ball at first touch but also passed and moved and ran into empty spaces.

This intelligent football rubbed off onto other players such as Conway and Williams. You could see them getting better and better as the game went on. Gallagher also improved.

Emnes' goal resulted in Conway knowing where he would be and he himself hanging back waiting for the pass.

It's a long time since we had such an intelligent footballer in our squad. He is a pleasure to watch.

Really enjoying day. Really impressive attacking play and another day it could have been 6 or 7. The front 4 were outstanding and Evans and Guthrie did well in midfield. defensively still not good enough and we need to be better, Biut Coyle has to get it sort quickly and we will be mid table side.

Emnes and Gallagher looked very good and their link play was very good and Gallagher should have had a hat trick today. But Both worked their socks off and deserved the praise they will get.

Good win and something to build on now. Very good atmosphere in the stadium aswell

COYB!!!

Greer was injured and struggling after playing 3 games in a week

and Evans has only just come back into the team after injury.

I thought Emnes and Gallagher were outstanding. I really enjoyed watching both played together.

Tuesday...

chaddometer3.png

Saturday...

chaddometer4.png

A late update but that massive swing almost took out the Chaddometer.

Papers over the cracks for a little while longer I guess.

Although when your 6 year old comes off Ewood proclaiming it was "the best match he had ever seen" uyou know it's been a good day.

Emnes, Gallagher and Conway especially deserve credit today though.

Poor fella has had such a low benchmark. Lets hope he can have even better days in the future just like we enjoyed :)

Archived