BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rotherham At Home

Still enjoying the win (has it been that long?) before the inevitable come down tomorrow/Saturday.

Papered over the cracks, but for the first time this season, I've got hope we might avoid relegation.

My ratings

Steele - 7 - Actually made a couple of important saves. Ward in the first half, Brown in the second.

Lowe - 6 - Getting better, but still looks out of position

Greer - 6 - Looks composed until has to turn, or defend between the lines

Hoban - 6 - Like Greer

Williams - 6 - Six every week probably, hes ok, Spurr mk2 without the throw ins!

Marshall - 7 - Took his goal very well, was anonymous until then. Better second half, looked effective playing with better players (Emnes)

Evans - 7 - Good game, building up stamina, will need to stay fit if we're to avoid the drop

Guthrie - 6 - Industrious and decent passing, could and perhaps should have dictated the tempo a little more. Nice tracking back and defending in the second half.

Conway - 9 - Where would we be without him? Great goal, worked hard, good set piece delivery.

Emnes - 9 - What can you say? Looked a cut above! Intelligent play, runs and decision making. Took his goal with ease, made the forwards play to his standard, best Ewood debut since Yakubu.

Gallagher - 8 - Worked his socks off, should of had a hat-trick, got man of the match at the ground, although I didn't agree with that!

Lenihan - 5 - Kickaball Darragh, looked weaker in the middle with him on the pitch.

Wharton - 5 - Beaten at near post for the Rotherham 2nd goal, needs some time out on loan.

Samuelsen - n/a - Literally played a minute.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree about Wharton. Not ready yet and his heading timing is poor. He's still a good prospect though.

Yes, absolutely. I know Scott and his family, really rooting for him to do well, I just think a loan (perhaps until Christmas) at a League Two team would do him the world of good.

Yes, absolutely. I know Scott and his family, really rooting for him to do well, I just think a loan (perhaps until Christmas) at a League Two team would do him the world of good.

Is it just the championship that have stopped short term loans?

Well Saturday was the first time I've seen Rovers win a league game since 11th December 2015, ironically also against Rotherham. I was in New Zealand for 6 weeks in Feb/March when I managed to miss 7 home games, including 4 wins. Then I missed the last game of the season, the win against Reading.

Well Saturday was the first time I've seen Rovers win a league game since 11th December 2015, ironically also against Rotherham. I was in New Zealand for 6 weeks in Feb/March when I managed to miss 7 home games, including 4 wins. Then I missed the last game of the season, the win against Reading.

If you fancy another trip to New Zealand, I will see if I can get a fund going. Four wins in seven home games, is just what the doctored ordered right now. :)

As happy as I am with the win, it was only Rotherham.

Let's see if we can consistently win.

Crowds reaction in the last 10 minutes was something I've not seen in a long while.

Win consistently and chances are that we get that same reaction earlier in games. After all that's what we want. Well, one of the things we want.

If you fancy another trip to New Zealand, I will see if I can get a fund going. Four wins in seven home games, is just what the doctored ordered right now. :)

I'd love to go back and we will, though not this year, unless you can get enough funds together for me....

In fact it was 4 out of 6 league games - one of the seven was West Ham in the cup.

Yes Aggy it was. Sorry doesnt contribute much if anything. Just my lasting disgust at events with fans now reduced to celebrating widely at beating Rotherham at home.

Thought so.

It was a drop of joy in an ocean of hurt.

Couldn't let it pass by unnoticed.

• Backroom

It would be nice to read an article that has balance. I don't know this guy, but that just reads like a collection of quotes from certain posters on here. In that sense, sure, it's a good summary of one side of the coin but doesn't address the issue in a balanced way at all.

"It was worse in the seventies!" :lol:

I was there ...and ( as I'm sure you know) it certainly wasn't!...

We believed in Bancroft, Keighley, Fox, Furphy, Lee. Smith and Kendall etc. As for the current gravy train puppets, agents, spivs, common, tasteless Indians and gangsters, well ...

Just had a flashback to my nausea, when I saw Agnew in the Directors Box.

Archived