BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rotherham At Home

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fell asleep at half-time and just woke up here at about 3 am to see with delight that we've won well.

Onwards and upwards on the field of play #VENKYSOUT !

Reading about the game on the BBC makes me wonder what a licence fee is for, certainly not spelling.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37397656

Boss Owen Coyle says "We were outstanding today from start to finish. We scored four goals. Let's be honest we could have scored seven or eight," "I'm not talking about half chances, I'm talking about guilt-edged chances."

Nowt to be guilty about after a fine win. :rover:

What a cracker.

Best game/atmosphere for quite a while down Ewood.

We need to do that every game.

I'm still purring.

Towards the end the 10k (more like 7k) were rocking Ewood Park. It was good to see and hear all 4 sides of the ground get behind the team and we were rewarded with a goal.

Let's hope your proven right because Feeney has been awful and the Jury is still well and truly out on Greer, Williams, Hoban and Byrne.

Why is the jury still out on Greer? Been fine for 7 games, much better than Duffy. Hoban looks decent, Williams looks solid. I agree that Byrne & Feeney are poor but not every signing are going to be hits. Coyle has done brilliant in the transfer market considering the resources available, credit where credit's due.

Why is the jury still out on Greer? Been fine for 7 games, much better than Duffy. Hoban looks decent, Williams looks solid. I agree that Byrne & Feeney are poor but not every signing are going to be hits. Coyle has done brilliant in the transfer market considering the resources available, credit where credit's due.

So why did we look dodgy at the back today and concede 2 incredibly soft goals at Leeds?

• Backroom

One thing that gives me a teeny tiny bit of hope for survival - we've played 4 strikers this season and they have all scored at least one.

Problem being we look like needing to score 3 to win games.

So why did we look dodgy at the back today and concede 2 incredibly soft goals at Leeds?

Read my first post... 'Coyle isn't tactically astute (especially defensively)'. The way we are set up, we won't keep clean sheets no matter who is in the centre of defence

Could it be the fact that it's only the back fours fourth game as a unit.

No it can't be that. Their professionals after all, they should be able to know each others games from the off. They've had four weeks training together.

I give up Hasta, any ideas?

Could it be the fact that it's only the back fours fourth game as a unit.

No it can't be that. Their professionals after all, they should be able to know each others games from the off. They've had four weeks training together.

I give up Hasta, any ideas?

Injuries, journeymen, Jason Lowe and Old Father Time.

Really enjoying day. Really impressive attacking play and another day it could have been 6 or 7. The front 4 were outstanding and Evans and Guthrie did well in midfield. defensively still not good enough and we need to be better, Biut Coyle has to get it sort quickly and we will be mid table side.

Emnes and Gallagher looked very good and their link play was very good and Gallagher should have had a hat trick today. But Both worked their socks off and deserved the praise they will get.

Good win and something to build on now. Very good atmosphere in the stadium aswell

COYB!!!

Why take Greer and Evans off together? Pointless, stupid decision.

Greer was injured and struggling after playing 3 games in a week

and Evans has only just come back into the team after injury.

Gallagher gets MoM on the back of a late goal and the anti-protest protest song "We've Got Gallagher".

Emnes was the best player on the park by a country mile.

I thought Emnes and Gallagher were outstanding. I really enjoyed watching both played together.

The thread opens at the last unread post so I didn't have to look for it.

Not fickle? You don't care about the result? That hardly qualifies you as a fan regardless of the situation at Ewood.

C'mn be fair. The important events at Rovers occur off the pitch these days. OK we've beaten one of the favourites at home and nobody is sad about that so long as you don't confuse a single result on the pitch with progress.

The very best we can hope for results-wise this season is to stay in this division. Off the field much more is at stake.

I'm glad we won but it doesn't change a thing. And let's not have any more posts deciding who's a fan and who isn't eh?

IMO those who love Rovers and refuse to go on principle are the biggest victims in all this.

C'mn be fair. The important events at Rovers occur off the pitch these days. OK we've beaten one of the favourites at home and nobody is sad about that so long as you don't confuse a single result on the pitch with progress.

The very best we can hope for results-wise this season is to stay in this division. Off the field much more is at stake.

I'm glad we won but it doesn't change a thing. And let's not have any more posts deciding who's a fan and who isn't eh?

IMO those who love Rovers and refuse to go on principle are the biggest victims in all this.

Tbh I'm getting quite sick of people saying that those who don't go or who can see further (forwards and backwards) than one result aren't real fans.

Yay, we won. After going behind, and still conceded two goals at home against one of the poorer teams in the division.

This was Rotherham, it could soon be Rochdale.

I didnt go and wont go but was pleased we won. However I do find parson has got a little superfannish in some of his posts. I still care. It still hurts and disappoints when we lose. Missing those games means i also miss pleasures like today and that hurts too. Venkysout

• Backroom

Well at least the highlights were watchable tonight, match of the day made me stay up late to see Burnleys stuffing though.

As I said I enjoyed today's match and I don't expect to get much enjoyment this season these days are few and far between and getting fewer! The front two had the look of potential heroes for the kids but as pointed out come next season neither is here.

The HMRC news is a tiny hint of light at the end of a very long tunnel though!

The thread opens at the last unread post so I didn't have to look for it.

Not fickle? You don't care about the result? That hardly qualifies you as a fan regardless of the situation at Ewood.

Thats fine Paul, thanks for your words of wisdom, i've tried to step away from the thread to maintain the postive mood and for the enjoyment of others but you obviously seem keen to ruin that for everyone else and yourself. If you dont consider me a fan then don't debate with me and perhaps stop getting your knickers in a twist and enjoy the rare win, you've paid for it therefore you deserve it.

getting back to the game i reckon we will get beat,coyle will not bat a eyelid,the fans will continue to tear strips of one another,rovers will exsist for another week,jeez i need a drink.

well we win and the fans are still tearing strips of one another,just seen the goals and they were all taken very well,were moving up the league thankgod 2 very tough games coming up though.

I didnt go and wont go but was pleased we won. However I do find parson has got a little superfannish in some of his posts. I still care. It still hurts and disappoints when we lose. Missing those games means i also miss pleasures like today and that hurts too. Venkysout

I have never attacked those who don't go, indeed, far from it, but merely stated that I enjoy going to games, I enjoy my football but that seems to upset some for some strange reason I can't as yet fathom. At the end of the day, as I have said many times, I believe that those going and those boycotting are all supporters. We should respect the position that everyone has taken and just get on with it. Come the 1875 protest there will be those participating and those not doing so and as far as I can see neither group need come in for criticism.

I have never attacked those who don't go, indeed, far from it, but merely stated that I enjoy going to games, I enjoy my football but that seems to upset some for some strange reason I can't as yet fathom. At the end of the day, as I have said many times, I believe that those going and those boycotting are all supporters. We should respect the position that everyone has taken and just get on with it. Come the 1875 protest there will be those participating and those not doing so and as far as I can see neither group need come in for criticism.

You haven't attacked them exactly but you've been rather snotty about it all! Also its disingenuous to have a laissez-faire attitude towards protest and boycotting.

I'm old-fashioned too and I believe in "one out all out".

While you seem to believe that no protest could possibly work, you can't deny that the most effective protest would involve everyone.

I rererepeat, an empty stadium would shift them.

With the exception of a few very happy sounding attendees I feel almost a sense of disappointment at the win today.

We won, also the first team to concede to Rotheram on their travels.

Really? I didn't go and I'm really happy we won.

well we win and the fans are still tearing strips of one another,just seen the goals and they were all taken very well,were moving up the league thankgod 2 very tough games coming up though.

er---how do you reach that conclusion? We're not, its quite a civilised discussion.

no you don't attack them and in general I've always enjoyed your posts and especially match reports as you clearly know your stuff. However, and I'm not having a go at you here recently your exasperation at the situation the club you clearly love makes it sound like if we all just went along and carried on as though it was normal it would somehow become normal. It won't. Just because we've been in lower divisions before doesn't make it right this time. This is a deliberately engineered scheme to sell our best players and replace them with whatever we can find. Not selling to pay the window cleaner or the tealady and ensure we can use the floodlights for the next season. That kind of selling we could understand. I enjoyed the fact we won yesterday. I'm glad you enjoyed being there along with others on here who for whatever reason have continued to attend. The saddest thing of all is that we finally get a win and we're not all together down at Ewood raising the roof. Venky's whoever they are and whoever comes under their umbrella have made that impossible.

• Backroom

Tugay? Really?

Give your head a wobble :)

:P

Wondered if anyone would pick that one up

At times though in the second half he just had that Tugay testimonial style swagger, pick up the wall walk with it then a step over and a good pass.

It just went perfect for him yesterday on the day as I said if we see another performance anything like that I'll be surprised although he clearly has ability.

Tbh I'm getting quite sick of people saying that those who don't go or who can see further (forwards and backwards) than one result aren't real fans.

Yay, we won. After going behind, and still conceded two goals at home against one of the poorer teams in the division.

This was Rotherham, it could soon be Rochdale.

Bring it on ,gladly attend another league fixture at Spotland if the Venkys have gone !

Archived