BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rotherham At Home

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean you didn't enjoy the performance? If you can't enjoy a good game of football like that you should take up another sport. Fair play to Rotherham who played their part - their number 37 was outstanding.

Yes, needing 3+ goals to defeat the mighty Rotherham United. Surely one for the scrapbook.

• Backroom

Yes, needing 3+ goals to defeat the mighty Rotherham United. Surely one for the scrapbook.

We scored 4 great goals today and beat a relegation rival, the issues remain but today was brilliant as far as football days go.

• Moderation Lead

It's quite sad that we've won a game of football and point scoring is prevailing over enjoying the win.

We all know the issue with the owners, but Christ, can't we just talk about the match in the match thread and every other aspect of the club in any of the other threads?

• Backroom

Agree, he should have a really good future ahead of him. The ball seemed to be tied to his feet at times and his passing was pin point to say the least.

What was equally impressive was his intelligence he picked the right option nearly every time

Can't understand why there are comments about boycotts, demos, Venkys, taxmen etc on a thread about a football match. Yes, we want Venkys to go but surely we can have at least one thread where they aren't mentioned. Back to the game, weplayed well and it was an enjoyable day at Ewood, with four cracking goals from us.

There speaks someone who doesn't watch football matches. You must be devastated we won.

Every victory feels like a defeat under Venky's.

Can't understand why there are comments about boycotts, demos, Venkys, taxmen etc on a thread about a football match. Yes, we want Venkys to go but surely we can have at least one thread where they aren't mentioned. Back to the game, weplayed well and it was an enjoyable day at Ewood, with four cracking goals from us.

Venky's ownership pervades everything at the club, particularly the team. The two are inextricably linked.

Terrific to have a win to celebrate.

In context, Rotherham are pants, especially away from home.

Looking at our fixtures through the rest of 2016, looks like it's going to be a long rocky road with possibly only Preston at home providing some respite.

Let's enjoy tonight as today's win might prove to be as rare as rocking horse s h I t .

If we can sort out the defence - and keep the attacking intent we showed today - we would have half a chance. But at the end of the day - you sell two centre halves for £9m - and replace them with a veteran released by a rival and a young loan player - it is only going one way. Thought Hoban was very poor today - especially first half. Also - really cant see what Guthrie brings other than giving the ball away, simple passing and rarely tracking back.

Gotta enjoy the win - was actually pleasing to hear Coyle recognise we still have issues at the back - but still not convinced.

He was superb

Isaiah Brown on Loan from Chelsea, he's got a bright future ahead of him

Totally agree - he was the best midfielder on the pitch by a mile for me. He was excellent and would love to see him in our midfield.

Emnes and Gallagher partnership was excellent, but particular praise for Emnes as he pulled all the play together. I don't think I saw him out a pass wrong. He made it look easy and hardly look like he broke sweat with some of the link up play.

Gutting to think that come Jan he will be gone.

An excellent game of football with both sides looking to attack. Emnes was different class and Gallagher was superb. The two have struck up an instant understanding and work well off each other. Conway is back to his best, Evans looked very good in midfield and Marshall was much better in the second half. There was a cracking atmosphere at the ground and all in all it was a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon.

It's no surprise that two PL standard players look a cut above our shower. That said, Emnes' impact has been instant whereas Gallagher has take a little while to find his feet. I guess PL players need other PL players around them.

Gutting to think that come Jan he will be gone.

Which is exactly the rub. We need a lot of points between now and then to hope for safety for one more season. Shame we've dropped so many of the other 19.

• Backroom

Very impressed today with our offensive play.

Emnes and Gallagher were absolutely immense, that was the best I've seen 2 forwards play at Ewood for a long, long time. To say it's their first full game together - wow.

Defensively we still looked shaky in parts and against better opposition we would have struggled.

A very well deserved 3 points though and hopefully we can crack on now and start climbing the table, we have the players to do it when they're on their day.

Did anyone else see the Norwegian lads in the fan zone on one of their stagdo's? One of them read the team news out, it was the most enthusiastic reading of a teamsheet I've ever seen, brilliant.

Very impressed today with our offensive play.

Emnes and Gallagher were absolutely immense, that was the best I've seen 2 forwards play at Ewood for a long, long time. To say it's their first full game together - wow.

Defensively we still looked shaky in parts and against better opposition we would have struggled.

A very well deserved 3 points though and hopefully we can crack on now and start climbing the table, we have the players to do it when they're on their day.

Did anyone else see the Norwegian lads in the fan zone on one of their stagdo's? One of them read the team news out, it was the most enthusiastic reading of a teamsheet I've ever seen, brilliant.

They were in front of us in the JW and very lively and entertaining.

Papers over the cracks for a little while longer I guess.

Although when your 6 year old comes off Ewood proclaiming it was "the best match he had ever seen" uyou know it's been a good day.

Emnes, Gallagher and Conway especially deserve credit today though.

What is Williams the left back like?

I would probably liken him to a young Tommy Spurr. He gained confidence second half and made a couple of overlaps including a terrific bit of footwork on one occasion. He shows for the ball and is tenacious. I don't think he will ever be a world beater but should prove ok in this division.

Steele has gained some confidence recently and I think this win will do wonders for them all. Emnes was quite sensational and our forward line could have loads of goals if they stay fit. We are crying out for a leader at centre half. That would make such a huge difference.

I really enjoyed today. The relief in the crowd when the last goal went in was palpable. You could see how starved of exciting football we have been and how much it meant to everyone to encourage the players and feel a bit of pride in their performance.

For all Coyle's shortcomings as a tactician; he has worked wonders assembling this squad. If we can tighten up we can be competitive in this league I'm sure.

One last point is that I feel our fitness levels seem good lately. We looked in good physical shape today which I think has been our weak point for a few seasons now.

Archived