BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rotherham At Home

Got some information yesterday from a reliable source, just waiting for some documents to be emailed over, venkys London ltd are under investigation from HMRC. If/when I receive documents I will publish. There is some very strange things going on at the club.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I've had a great afternoon. Whole team Played well, scored 4 and a decent atmosphere

Perhaps you should bowls.

Bowls? Nah, I'll stick to betting on the footy on a saturday... Another 50 quid today.

I did have the grace to say I hope they win for the fans who attend, you've gone back through a few pages to post a smarmy comment. I'm not a fickle fan, the odd win under the current regime will not win me over. For the both of us and to keep the thread upbeat, I'll act with some class and say I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

:tu: They are bigging up the support on Radio Rovers :tu:

Though perhaps it's a bit too soon for a Coylio's Blue & White Army.

Agreed. The atmosphere was its usual self apart from the goals and the last few minutes. That will take time.

A couple more wins and there will be no appetite for Venkys Out protests.

Good win today. Keeps us within touching distance of clubs above us. To not win a game until the eight game of the season in the past two seasons is another illustration why the real fight remains off the pitch.

How bad must Cardiff be to be below us. Rotherham sounded like they were woeful. Only hope of us staying up is if there are three worse teams than us. The combination of Conway, Emnes and Gallagher is actually pretty decent at this level. Just a shame we cannot defend as a team.

What is Williams the left back like?

I think the whole back 5 are shaky to be honest.

Emnes , Gallagher and Conway were excellent.

Supporting the attack, Guthrie and Evans had their best games I've seen for a long while. Not as good covering th defence though.

Marshall was better but should do more.

The two centre halves were very square for the first goal and didn't convince.

Lowe played a couple,of decent swtich-field long passes but backed off way too many times and was fairly poor again.

Hmrc after absolutely gagging to take a football club to the cleaners

No doubt the FA and EPL didn't consider that Rovers could become the weakest link regarding the HMRC when they ignored the fans and Minister and MPs so blatantly.

It could be they can get through to various agents' taxable dealings by asking the right penetrating questions.

Short term, it is very difficult to dispose of a business while subject to a tax investigation and if this is indeed an HMRC investigation, it might amount to a single letter or months of delving- they have powers to go back up to 20 years.

If it is a tax investigation, I wonder where the tip-off came from? The possible sources would probably be more numerous than the corporate box occupants today...

Enjoyable game and a very welcome three points.

Back four had some very worrying moments, where Rotherham seemed to open us up with ease.

Conway was good again and scored an excellent goal.

Marshall had a better second half, and showed some of his old magic to score his goal.

Centre midfield were ok, but their player Brown was a real handful.

Gallagher ran his socks off, unlucky not too have a few more and thoroughly deserved his goal.

Finally, Emnes, what a great performance, excellent all round forward play, if only we'd had him when we had Gestede!!

Well done Rovers, bit of a nail biter but well deserved win.

An excellent game of football with both sides looking to attack. Emnes was different class and Gallagher was superb. The two have struck up an instant understanding and work well off each other. Conway is back to his best, Evans looked very good in midfield and Marshall was much better in the second half. There was a cracking atmosphere at the ground and all in all it was a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon.

Bowls? Nah, I'll stick to betting on the footy on a saturday... Another 50 quid today.

I did have the grace to say I hope they win for the fans who attend, you've gone back through a few pages to post a smarmy comment. I'm not a fickle fan, the odd win under the current regime will not win me over. For the both of us and to keep the thread upbeat, I'll act with some class and say I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

The thread opens at the last unread post so I didn't have to look for it.

Not fickle? You don't care about the result? That hardly qualifies you as a fan regardless of the situation at Ewood.

Funny how many start giving it the big one after one long-awaited win.

You mean you didn't enjoy the performance? If you can't enjoy a good game of football like that you should take up another sport. Fair play to Rotherham who played their part - their number 37 was outstanding.

Terrific to have a win to celebrate.

In context, Rotherham are pants, especially away from home.

Looking at our fixtures through the rest of 2016, looks like it's going to be a long rocky road with possibly only Preston at home providing some respite.

Let's enjoy tonight as today's win might prove to be as rare as rocking horse s h I t .

• Backroom

You mean you didn't enjoy the performance? If you can't enjoy a good game of football like that you should take up another sport. Fair play to Rotherham who played their part - their number 37 was outstanding.

He was superb

Isaiah Brown on Loan from Chelsea, he's got a bright future ahead of him

Archived