SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rotherham At Home

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Genuine question chaddy.

Notwithstanding Coyle will pick him, why would Lowe be in your selection if you were manager?

Got to agree here there's been no evidence that this bloke should be near the team.

Same with Marshall on the wing (right back if anything)

To me chaddy has just named the team he expects Coyle to go with rather than what should happen.

Also not sure why Guthrie isn't getting a shot after playing well against Burton in his shop window game

Genuine question chaddy.

Notwithstanding Coyle will pick him, why would Lowe be in your selection if you were manager?

I thought Lowe performance well at QPR and that's why I have chosen him

Got to agree here there's been no evidence that this bloke should be near the team.

Same with Marshall on the wing (right back if anything)

To me chaddy has just named the team he expects Coyle to go with rather than what should happen.

Also not sure why Guthrie isn't getting a shot after playing well against Burton in his shop window game

TBH, I forgot about Guthrie to be fair but I would still prefer Evans to him anyway. Akpan has played well in the last 2 or 3 games also.

on Marshall, its 50/50 between selecting Marshall or Mahoney for me

I thought Lowe performance well at QPR and that's why I have chosen him

Going off what I've seen he'd be nowhere near. Especially when Marshall is better at rb, which is saying something, and we've got defenders on the bench.

Not just this season but historically he has been at the heart of the team during every previous bad run and out injured every time we've gone on a good run. For whatever reason, he is a bad influence on the team.

Yet we will keep shooting ourselves in the foot time and time again.

Going off what I've seen he'd be nowhere near. Especially when Marshall is better at rb, which is saying something, and we've got defenders on the bench.

Not just this season but historically he has been at the heart of the team during every previous bad run and out injured every time we've gone on a good run. For whatever reason, he is a bad influence on the team.

Yet we will keep shooting ourselves in the foot time and time again.

Lowe is most likely one they feel they can get a few quid for at some stage as his back story stacks up and now he's captain to boot.

Lowe is most likely one they feel they can get a few quid for at some stage as his back story stacks up and now he's captain to boot.

Strange how football is a game of opinions, Ben Marshall would be training with the kids if I was the manager, nowhere near the first team. He's been god awful all season, JL has done no better or worse than a handful of players who've performed poorly but compared to Akpan, Henley, Graham, Feeney? I'd even say Steele, Duffy before he went, Conway despite lots of effort, lenihan in fleeting displays and stokes bar two halfs in how many?

To single out Jason Lowe in that seems a bit scapegoaty!

....................Raya

Marshall Greer Hoban Williams

Conway Evans Guthrie Mahoney

.................Samuelsen

...................Emnes

Steele reportedly played well in midweek and I thought that Raya was very dodgy in the cup match so Steele in goal. Mahoney has not impressed me as ready yet so Samuelsen on the wing and Gallagher up front with Emnes. Otherwise probably our best line up.

Graham needs a diet and some fitness training. He is not the same player that he was last season.

Steele reportedly played well in midweek and I thought that Raya was very dodgy in the cup match so Steele in goal. Mahoney has not impressed me as ready yet so Samuelsen on the wing and Gallagher up front with Emnes. Otherwise probably our best line up.

Graham needs a diet and some fitness training. He is not the same player that he was last season.

Steele is bad, Raya might not be bad, that's my reasoning haha. Mahoney has, by all accounts, done well in the last few reserves games so imo deserves a chance. Gallagher is ok but nothing special and we've tried 4-4-2 all season and it clearly hasn't worked.

Steele is bad, Raya might not be bad, that's my reasoning haha. Mahoney has, by all accounts, done well in the last few reserves games so imo deserves a chance. Gallagher is ok but nothing special and we've tried 4-4-2 all season and it clearly hasn't worked.

Did you see Raya in the cup match? He had me nervous every time he was involved. I'll take your assessment of Mahoney as I haven't seen him this season but I'm not sure about one up front. Doesn't work in my opinion.

My team: Steele / Marshall, Greer, Hoban, Williams / Conway, Evans, Guthrie, Samuelsen / Emnes, Gallagher

Lowe should be nowhere near our first eleven. IMV, one of the worse players I've ever seen in a blue and white shirt in 50ish years of watching Rovers.

I think Marshall is by far and away our best right back both as a defender and going forward - the lad's best position.

IF Samuelsen is one of the best kids in the country as Coyley claims, he HAS to be in a team that is rock bottom of the Championship.

We are playing Rotherham who we should absolutely batter and I would therefore go for their jugular with a 442 formation.

Even with Coyley calling the shots, I am taking Rovers to win by at least two clear goals. We simply have to win some time and tomorrow's fixture is the best opportunity we are likely to have looking at our next few fixtures.

No bets on this tomorrow - not worth it at a miserly 7/6 (tells you all you need to know about Rotherham after the way we've been playing).

Archived