BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rotherham At Home

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Really can't see anything but a home win. Rotherham have been awful away from home.

So far our home results read:

Norwich 1-4

Burton 2-2

Fulham 0-1

Rotherham have been hammered in every away game so far this season, but we've got nothing to shout about either. If anything a draw is the most likely outcome, I'd say. Or a Rovers loss. A win against anybody must surely be the bottom expectation with a joker like Coyle in the dugout. We only just managed to beat Crewe at home, and that took extra time!

Why post here then?

That Owen coyle team you are referring to is Blackburn Rovers! It might not be the one any of us wanted, but it's still Blackburn Rovers, not an Owen Coyle XI or "Venkys Fc"

Believe it or not, people are still interested in the team. Despite all the crap that's gone on, we are still talking about a sport - just don't expect everyone to see it the same way.

Personally - I won't be going tomorrow I don't think, as my dad can't, the other lad I go with is abroad and Khod doesn't have a season ticket anymore - I'll still likely be listening or reading on here!

A. Because i'm entitled to post here.

B. Blackburn Rovers FC arent just the journeymen on and off the football pitch, its a community, an idea.

C. I dont expect eveeyone to think the same way, i didn't say that so I dont know why you've made that point.

D. I couldn't care less about the result but will still take a slight interest to see how people react and to see how bad things are getting. Either way its not going to make an ounce of difference to me in my focus on the cretins in charge.

A. Because i'm entitled to post here.

B. Blackburn Rovers FC arent just the journeymen on and off the football pitch, its a community, an idea.

C. I dont expect eveeyone to think the same way, i didn't say that so I dont know why you've made that point.

D. I couldn't care less about the result but will still take a slight interest to see how people react and to see how bad things are getting. Either way its not going to make an ounce of difference to me in my focus on the cretins in charge.

Entitled to your opinion neal, but if you ain't interested why are you even on the thread? Don't see why I made the point? Re read your original point in the context, to me it's simply an attempt to shame anyone with a level of care about results.

It might be easy for some to dismiss the current team as a waste of time but I find it a bit rich taking the time to actually post that amongst those who still have a level of empathy for the team and their displays.

Ultimately, despite all the philandering and @#/?, if a Venkys owned BRFC had blossomed from day one, more would care.

Unity won't be achieved by making others feel that apathy is the best choice. As I said initially - it @#/? hurts to read Venkys fc etc, and to see someone write off the current BRFC as a waste of time is equally frustrating.

We could be league two with a bunch of kids, but it's still my team. To see others walk away makes me think that there is simply no way back. Your apathy might be a result of poor ownership but it's still goes against what I see as support.

The team are 11 blokes. If you can't see past other @#/? for that, that's your problem - don't make others feel like apathy is the solution because it's not.

Now, apologies if that frustrates, but you have no idea just how much it hurts me to see "passionate" fans say they couldn't give a toss about the team I've supported for 25 years.

If you don't care, who will?!

Entitled to your opinion neal, but if you ain't interested why are you even on the thread? Don't see why I made the point? Re read your original point in the context, to me it's simply an attempt to shame anyone with a level of care about results.

It might be easy for some to dismiss the current team as a waste of time but I find it a bit rich taking the time to actually post that amongst those who still have a level of empathy for the team and their displays.

Ultimately, despite all the philandering and @#/?, if a Venkys owned BRFC had blossomed from day one, more would care.

Unity won't be achieved by making others feel that apathy is the best choice. As I said initially - it @#/? hurts to read Venkys fc etc, and to see someone write off the current BRFC as a waste of time is equally frustrating.

We could be league two with a bunch of kids, but it's still my team. To see others walk away makes me think that there is simply no way back. Your apathy might be a result of poor ownership but it's still goes against what I see as support.

The team are 11 blokes. If you can't see past other @#/? for that, that's your problem - don't make others feel like apathy is the solution because it's not.

Now, apologies if that frustrates, but you have no idea just how much it hurts me to see "passionate" fans say they couldn't give a toss about the team I've supported for 25 years.

JB, this isn't all in response to you, so don't take it all personally.

Firstly, I expressed an opinion, thats all I did, which obviously you have taken exception to but so what? No big deal.

"it goes against what I see as support", "if you dont care who will"... Well I've shown I care, i've been at every protest, fighting for my club and focusing on the bigger picture, i've been called all sorts by some of our 'fans'... I know what some of them are and although it pains me to say it, some of them are cowards and not fighting goes against what I consider as true supporters... Let me be clear, SOME not all.

"We could be in league 2 with a bunch of kids"... If Coyle played the majority of the youth team lads instead of flooding us with soulless loans I could respect him a little but he hasnt. I've also said numerous times I would buy a season ticket at twice the cost in league 2 with Venkys gone and fan ownership, even if I couldn't go! Relegation, administration... @#/? it, bring it on, of course i wouldnt want it to come to that but i'm past the point of caring and if thats what it takes then fine.

You talk about empathy and context. Empathy for a bunch of overpaid and underperforming journeymen, put together by a liar, employed by liars, whilst the team sits at the bottom of the league and the club is being burned to the ground... Whilst not enough Rovers fans in the past and in the present have enough bottle to stand with me in protests! I'm for telling people how it is now because i've frankly had enough with this limp wristed approach and egotistical nonsense i've been reading on here these past few weeks... Its time for some home truths, if comments like mine are going to "stop unity occuring" like a few have told me then jesus christ... No wonder people aren't man enough to fight if a few internet forum comments offend them! Lets be bloody men and fight for once eh?

In all seriousness, for those that pay and take the sh*t being served I hope they win, for myself I couldn't care less anymore and believe me I'm not the only one... My dad, and countless mates of mine feel exactly the same and are all lifelong Rovers fans. If the fans continue not to fight then I recon I speak for many of them... They may never come back because its not just about 11 men on a pitch, its about an idea and feeling part of something. At the moment I/we feel part of nothing, no connection to the club or the fans but I still believe in an idea, an idea that i'm willing to fight for, the idea that Blackburn Rovers is the most successful town team in the world. The idea that Uncle Jacks legacy deserves better. The idea of being passed over the turnstile at the old Ewood and sitting on my dads shoulders watching my team. The idea that my kids might have a Venky free club to support the same as me. The idea that BRFC makes me proud of where i'm from. The idea of being the underdog and defying all the odds... None of this is possible under Venkys, EVER. I'm willing to fight for all of that... I hope there are others that are too.

IF ANYONE WANTS TO PROTEST TOMORROW OUTSIDE THE GROUND THEN PLEASE PM ME.

An excellent post jbizzle which, sadly, reflects the position the club is in. Many of us, like yourself, will continue to support the club no matter what because we see the club as something bigger than the owners - who come and go, like managers and players. Others see the departure of the present owners as far more important than anything that happens on the pitch. Ultimately, the two groups will never agree no matter how much we argue on here. Some will protest, some will ignore all protests. Those who protest are frustrated with those who don't and those who don't are equally frustrated with those who do. At the end of the day people will do what they feel is right to do and whilst we might disagree with one another we must also respect the position that everyone takes.

An excellent post jbizzle which, sadly, reflects the position the club is in. Many of us, like yourself, will continue to support the club no matter what because we see the club as something bigger than the owners - who come and go, like managers and players. Others see the departure of the present owners as far more important than anything that happens on the pitch. Ultimately, the two groups will never agree no matter how much we argue on here. Some will protest, some will ignore all protests. Those who protest are frustrated with those who don't and those who don't are equally frustrated with those who do. At the end of the day people will do what they feel is right to do and whilst we might disagree with one another we must also respect the position that everyone takes.

There wont be a football club much longer PB if the present owners continue.....

We are going down , just like we did out of the Prem without a whimper , with a manager who should be no where near the club ...

its the post police

they have not so no point posting the opposite of the truth .....oh 25 years ..wow ive supported my piles longer than that.

There is also nothing wrong with another approach which I am sure many already follow:

Support the Club, Manager and Players and PROTEST the ownership!

The Best of both worlds.

You are frustrated with the protests? How so?

It's all very well saying "Get behind the lads", but when one or two of them also appear to be past caring it's a little over simplistic.

Clearly, very few of the supporters believe in Coyle, and that has a negative impact on the vocal support and atmosphere.

His position has been untenable from Day One.

You are frustrated with the protests? How so?

There were a number of fans coming out of Elland Road on Tuesday complaining about the stick Coyle was getting because of his Burnley connections. Despite what some on here would have you believe there are still many supporters who will get behind the team and become frustrated with those who don't. Some may not be happy with that but that's the way it is.

Genuinely enjoyed your post Neal- I know you care, I just wish more had the balls to get involved like you do mate - it was just the initial post that really got under the skin.

Coyle is a complete sideshow, we are in total agreement of how he should never have been anywhere near. The day he was appointed, I was in uproar, and I'll be fist pumping the day he goes.

The problem is with the apathy at the current scenario is its hard to get out of that mindset and the club will be around after him and these players. It's a bit like the Kean era atm, genuinely hard to take and hard to see light at the end of the tunnel, but eventually GB restored some pride.

I honestly see something similar happening with Damien Johnson. A mainly academy based first team steered by people who came through it and had a good career - what better motivator?

Abbey - I've still got some semblance of youth left in me...

JB, this isn't all in response to you, so don't take it all personally.

Firstly, I expressed an opinion, thats all I did, which obviously you have taken exception to but so what? No big deal.

"it goes against what I see as support", "if you dont care who will"... Well I've shown I care, i've been at every protest, fighting for my club and focusing on the bigger picture, i've been called all sorts by some of our 'fans'... I know what some of them are and although it pains me to say it, some of them are cowards and not fighting goes against what I consider as true supporters... Let me be clear, SOME not all.

"We could be in league 2 with a bunch of kids"... If Coyle played the majority of the youth team lads instead of flooding us with soulless loans I could respect him a little but he hasnt. I've also said numerous times I would buy a season ticket at twice the cost in league 2 with Venkys gone and fan ownership, even if I couldn't go! Relegation, administration... @#/? it, bring it on, of course i wouldnt want it to come to that but i'm past the point of caring and if thats what it takes then fine.

You talk about empathy and context. Empathy for a bunch of overpaid and underperforming journeymen, put together by a liar, employed by liars, whilst the team sits at the bottom of the league and the club is being burned to the ground... Whilst not enough Rovers fans in the past and in the present have enough bottle to stand with me in protests! I'm for telling people how it is now because i've frankly had enough with this limp wristed approach and egotistical nonsense i've been reading on here these past few weeks... Its time for some home truths, if comments like mine are going to "stop unity occuring" like a few have told me then jesus christ... No wonder people aren't man enough to fight if a few internet forum comments offend them! Lets be bloody men and fight for once eh?

In all seriousness, for those that pay and take the sh*t being served I hope they win, for myself I couldn't care less anymore and believe me I'm not the only one... My dad, and countless mates of mine feel exactly the same and are all lifelong Rovers fans. If the fans continue not to fight then I recon I speak for many of them... They may never come back because its not just about 11 men on a pitch, its about an idea and feeling part of something. At the moment I/we feel part of nothing, no connection to the club or the fans but I still believe in an idea, an idea that i'm willing to fight for, the idea that Blackburn Rovers is the most successful town team in the world. The idea that Uncle Jacks legacy deserves better. The idea of being passed over the turnstile at the old Ewood and sitting on my dads shoulders watching my team. The idea that my kids might have a Venky free club to support the same as me. The idea that BRFC makes me proud of where i'm from. The idea of being the underdog and defying all the odds... None of this is possible under Venkys, EVER. I'm willing to fight for all of that... I hope there are others that are too.

IF ANYONE WANTS TO PROTEST TOMORROW OUTSIDE THE GROUND THEN PLEASE PM ME.

You da man Neal, well said pal.

Archived