BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa V Rovers

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In some ways it's quite good we have Coyle as manager. We're going down anyway as the club is on an irreversible downward spiral so we might as well do it with a complete tube like Coyle in charge rather than someone I quite like (Bowyer) or respect (Lambert). Coyle isn't the problem, he's just another passenger on the gravy train down to the lower leagues.

Heading back from the game. Basically same game as against Wolves, we aren't too bad going forwards (championship quality really) but as soon as we have to defend we are terrified.

Rovers sh*t themselves whenever Villa attacked. Particularly in the 2nd half.

It's the typical 60+ minute capitulation from an unfit team bereft of a decent manager. Coyle makes subs and changes tactics sometimes but nothing happens on the pitch.

I've heard Shrewsbury is lovely in February.

It's a difficult job for anyone but barring a couple of good loanees virtually everything Coyle has done so far in his time here is jjust adding heavily to the complete mess of everything. I include his permanent signings in that and the waste of a wage Wes Brown.

Don't tell me for one minute we couldn't have done better than those even with no brass.

Pathetic.

Heading back from the game. Basically same game as against Wolves, we aren't too bad going forwards (championship quality really) but as soon as we have to defend we are terrified.

Rovers sh*t themselves whenever Villa attacked. Particularly in the 2nd half.

It's the typical 60+ minute capitulation from an unfit team bereft of a decent manager. Coyle makes subs and changes tactics sometimes but nothing happens on the pitch.

I've heard Shrewsbury is lovely in February.

Some people on here need to stop Whining! The owners sold hanley and duffy, in fact both players wanted to leave, not owen coyles fault! Hoban and ward injured, we had a makeshift defence today and competed against a decent villa side who are unbeaten in 5 and moving up the table with steve bruce now. Did we lose 5 nil? Thats what you would think with some of whinging on here. We are playing better football than we were under lambert, who had a better side and only just finished above the relelegation places...

This is a wind up right ? Look at the bigger picture not just todays match

Some people on here need to stop Whining! The owners sold hanley and duffy, in fact both players wanted to leave, not owen coyles fault! Hoban and ward injured, we had a makeshift defence today and competed against a decent villa side who are unbeaten in 5 and moving up the table with steve bruce now. Did we lose 5 nil? Thats what you would think with some of whinging on here. We are playing better football than we were under lambert, who had a better side and only just finished above the relelegation places...

Talk crap post of the year

It's a difficult job for anyone but barring a couple of good loanees virtually everything Coyle has done so far in his time here is jjust adding heavily to the complete mess of everything. I include his permanent signings in that and the waste of a wage Wes Brown.

Don't tell me for one minute we couldn't have done better than those even with no brass.

Pathetic.

Why wasn't the Brown wage used to pay young Scott Wharton? At least we would have him on the pitch.

You are completely missing the point entirely. Poor manager, worse owners and average players. It's not whining, it's seeing what is right in front of your face....League 1.

Why wasn't the Brown wage used to pay young Scott Wharton? At least we would have him on the pitch.

Young Scott must not have the right agent otherwise he'd be on a 5 year ten grand pwk contract by now !

%%%%

You tell 'em, Owen!

Imagine if you were the manager and were telling the owners that you had no defensive cover, but had a lad who you could bring in a young pro called Scott Wharton. You also told the owners that he is a product of the Academy, which is the lifeblood, of the club and probably the only way we will survive. The owners tell you, that you are not allowed to play him, because it will cost them £2,000 per week so what do yo do. Accept t and just carry on, kick up a fuss and let the fans know the truth, or resign in disgust? That is only a very small reason why the fans on here are quite justifiably whining, as you put it and if you don't understand that, then you are a very, very strange fan.

And to add insult to injury how much have Rovers committed themselves to by giving two and three years deals to players in their very late twenties and early thirties. I reckon that between Graham, Stokes, Mulgrew and Feeney we are spending around £60k per week. Throw in Greer and Brown on their one year deals and it could be up to £80k. And to think on of Coyles strengths (according to Charlie Cheston) was bringing young players through. Oh and don't forget his Championship experience which apart from a lucky half season is poor although this was portrayed as positive by our bean counting leader.

This football club in its current guise quite simply belongs in league 2, in fact some aspects of the club aren't even league 2 standard.

The club needs to fall until it can fall no more, Coyles the man to do it, keep him at all costs I say and let's get this bottomed out asap.

The further we fall the more people sit up and take notice and that's what we're after.

This club will never recover whilst those 3 stooges are involved, so let's get to the bottom so they **** off and then we rebuild.

Coyle in.

This football club in its current guise quite simply belongs in league 2, in fact some aspects of the club aren't even league 2 standard.

The club needs to fall until it can fall no more, Coyles the man to do it, keep him at all costs I say and let's get this bottomed out asap.

The further we fall the more people sit up and take notice and that's what we're after.

This club will never recover whilst those 3 stooges are involved, so let's get to the bottom so they **** off and then we rebuild.

Coyle in.

Under normal circumstances, we should be calling for Coyle's head.

Under normal circumstances, we wouldn't have appointed him in the first place.

They had their road to redemption in the form of Lambert. All they had to do was back him, but that wouldn't have suited their deleterious agenda.

Coyle in.

In some ways were better losing 6-0, rather than 2-1. At least then there's nothing to hide behind and the ball's well and truly in Venkys court. If there was something to suggest we could get out of this mess I wouldn't have written that - but there's nothing.

They had their road to redemption in the form of Lambert. All they had to do was back him, but that wouldn't have suited their deleterious agenda.

About a year ago Rovers appointed Lambert, Irvine and Kelly. It was without a doubt a popular decision. It was sensible. A guy who had achieved promotion to the premier league along with two well respected coaches who had plenty of experience. They talked of ambition, the play offs and looking up. At that point in time thoughts of relegation this season were nowhere. The odds were possibly at their highest at the beginning of December. So what a good time to put a bet on - with hindsight of course. We also came out of the transfer embargo as well. It looked good. Lambert wouldn't have joined would he without assurances. So we sold Rhodes, spent 200k in the summer and appointed a serial failure of a manager. I mean if 12 months ago you had put a bet on us being relegated this season you've got to be feeling pretty pleased with yourself right now haven't you? To boot it doesn't look like the manager is under any pressure either does it?

Under normal circumstances, we should be calling for Coyle's head.

Under normal circumstances, we wouldn't have appointed him in the first place.

Exactly.

Lambert was the man to get promote this season instead our owners got chicken and ran away.

In my opinion Lambert would have got us top 6 this summer..he had a very detailed plan and short and long term targets.

Archived