BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa V Rovers

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people on here need to stop Whining! The owners sold hanley and duffy, in fact both players wanted to leave, not owen coyles fault! Hoban and ward injured, we had a makeshift defence today and competed against a decent villa side who are unbeaten in 5 and moving up the table with steve bruce now. Did we lose 5 nil? Thats what you would think with some of whinging on here. We are playing better football than we were under lambert, who had a better side and only just finished above the relelegation places...

We must have some of the strangest fans in the country. Who in their right mind could give a back handed complement like this to a tool like Coyle and even try and compare his record and ability to set up a team by saying "we are playing better football". Christ, lambert knew how hard it is to get out of this league by real experience and was in the process of getting us fitter than most and harder to break down as a platform to build for this season.

Yes there are better manager around, but at the time all things considered better than I could have hoped for. Lambert is so superior to Coyle in so many ways, but he was mugged into tacking the job as per Venky false promises.

Please wake up and see what is in front of you, rather than blinder by your support for the club.

• Backroom

I don't know why I did but I read Coyle's post match interview. Blames the ref, drops in a Villa squad cost £60m - £70m and a we are hurting for good measure.

Complete and total @#/? from the first breath.

Pr**k

He's approaching Kean territory

Well, he does blame the defence for critical mistakes but ignores the point that they will continue to make them because 1) they are not good enough and 2) the whole team is not set up to protect a lead and never will be under him.

So what is his solution? He doesn't offer one, there isn't one and we continue down the inevitable path to Div 1.

That's bad enough but what makes it worse is his continual upbeat assessments and assurances that we will pick up points soon.

He's making a mockery of our misery. Just be honest Coyle, just once.

Evening.

Not here to gloat, not sure we've much to gloat about these days....

I used to post on here a fair bit back when you were in the PL and always said I'd come back when we played each other again, I always thought it would be as a result of you coming up not us coming down....

It just goes to show what damage @#/? owners can do to clubs, we are fortune to have got rid of ours and replaced him with someone decent. I can only hope that the same happens for you guys soon because the Venky's from what I can see from a distance are an absolute disgrace.

Anyway, a much needed win today for us and a somewhat harsh defeat for you.

Hope you are able to pull enough results together to avoid league one and that there is some light at the end of the tunnel soon.... it isn't going to come under the current manager though in my view.

Best of luck for the rest of the season... looking forward to returning to Ewood even if it is in this league.

• Backroom

Cheers Trent it must be hurting to see your lot fall but as you can see it could be worse we are on the fast track to oblivion!

Can we have Rudy back?

Anyone who went to the game, how did we play? Did Coyle get any abuse?

first half was pretty even, both teams had chances.

Second half, we xame out flat (or maybe Villa upped their game. Great moment when Gallagher scored and celebrated in front of the fans.

Disaster with the foul (why would anyone risk a foul in the penalty area) and then the subs and their secobd.

It was like the team just gave up.

Some abuse aimed towards Coyle (but not much).

Cheers Trent it must be hurting to see your lot fall but as you can see it could be worse we are on the fast track to oblivion!

Can we have Rudy back?

We circled the drain for 5 years, we had plenty of time to see it coming but yeah still not nice.

But yes it could certainly be worse, we've been lucky to get the new owner we have.

Poor old Rudy has never really fitted in with us, if you had the cash I think he'd be available.

We circled the drain for 5 years, we had plenty of time to see it coming but yeah still not nice.

But yes it could certainly be worse, we've been lucky to get the new owner we have.

Poor old Rudy has never really fitted in with us, if you had the cash I think he'd be available.

We don't

Must say I expected your lot to be near the top all season and have been surprised by your poor start TV.

The rot was pretty deep rooted, it was always going to take time to turn around.

That said, our poor start cost us dearly and was entirely down to the charlatan Roberto Di Matteo who couldn't even come up with a tactic on as a contestant on Deal or no deal.

Bruce is the right man I reckon he's a classic rot stopper if nothing else. Shades of Coyle at ours though with him being an ex Bluenose so he better get it together sharp there's not much patience down there these days :blink:

The rot was pretty deep rooted, it was always going to take time to turn around.

That said, our poor start cost us dearly and was entirely down to the charlatan Roberto Di Matteo who couldn't even come up with a tactic on as a contestant on Deal or no deal.

Coyle wouldn't find the studio.

10 mins left. Goal definitely nickable against a shaky Villa defence. One sub left. Samuelsen? Nah. Hope effing Akpan. (Inevitably played two passes out for a throw in, got himself booked and literally did nothing else).

Owen Coyle/current-day BRFC in a nutshell.

So clappers! Can we now agree?

10 mins left. Goal definitely nickable against a shaky Villa defence. One sub left. Samuelsen? Nah. Hope effing Akpan. (Inevitably played two passes out for a throw in, got himself booked and literally did nothing else).

Owen Coyle/current-day BRFC in a nutshell.

Game pointed in every direction for us to lose.

Set up to lose, got lucky and tried everything to lose.

So clappers! Can we now agree?

Game pointed in every direction for us to lose.

Set up to lose, got lucky and tried everything to lose.

It's as if he knows putting Feeney on will throw a spanner in the works in terms of upsetting the balance .....

This from roverstalk, the last bit beggars belief!

Re: Aston Villa v Blackburn Sat 05th Nov 2016 K.O 15:00

PostSat Nov 05, 2016 11:04 pm

Bummer we couldn't get a point or hold the win. I only hope this squad is getting around to some form of consistency. I hope Williams can come back soon so Mulgrew can shift to centerback, or give Hendrie a shot out there and make a shift.

I don't know at this point, I'm starting to lose some faith in Coyle

Some people on here need to stop Whining! The owners sold hanley and duffy, in fact both players wanted to leave, not owen coyles fault! Hoban and ward injured, we had a makeshift defence today and competed against a decent villa side who are unbeaten in 5 and moving up the table with steve bruce now. Did we lose 5 nil? Thats what you would think with some of whinging on here. We are playing better football than we were under lambert, who had a better side and only just finished above the relelegation places...

Whilst I don't disagree with many of the points you make the fact is that something needs to change. The owners clearly aren't going anywhere. As no money will be available come January, the playing squad isn't going to change drastically. That leaves the manager. Whilst there is no doubt that he has been desperately unlucky with injuries and officials have admitted that they have cost us four points, the simple fact is that we have won three in sixteen games. We need someone who can get more from extremely limited resources. Above all we need someone who can organise the team defensively because it's only be keeping clean sheets that we will have any hope of staying up. Whilst we had the better of the first half of this game, once Villa stepped up a gear we struggled to contain them.

This from roverstalk, the last bit beggars belief!

Re: Aston Villa v Blackburn Sat 05th Nov 2016 K.O 15:00

PostSat Nov 05, 2016 11:04 pm

Bummer we couldn't get a point or hold the win. I only hope this squad is getting around to some form of consistency. I hope Williams can come back soon so Mulgrew can shift to centerback, or give Hendrie a shot out there and make a shift.

I don't know at this point, I'm starting to lose some faith in Coyle

Most of the Victorian Asylums have been closed down. They now walk amongst us.

Archived