BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

It's clear that Venkys haven't learnt anything from their time as owners, which means that it is safe to assume they never will.

The only formula that works is:

Venkys stay = relegation

Question Is why haven't they learnt anything if, as they claim, they've pumped in all that money for 6 years and we're still failing.

Only conclusion to draw is they either haven't put in what people say they have and therefore feel no need to change anything, or they don't want to learn anything because they're quite content with how things have gone.

No sane group of businesspeople would continue to pour millions down the drain every year and do nothing to improve it unless things weren't so simple and there's more to it than we know.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question Is why haven't they learnt anything if, as they claim, they've pumped in all that money for 6 years and we're still failing.

Only conclusion to draw is they either haven't put in what people say they have and therefore feel no need to change anything, or they don't want to learn anything because they're quite content with how things have gone.

No sane group of businesspeople would continue to pour millions down the drain every year and do nothing to improve it unless things weren't so simple and there's more to it than we know.

They're putting in the bare minimum of 'investment', running the club on a skeleton staff of directors, players and coaches, and cashing in anything in sight. Hopefully they are in asset-stripping mode and preparing some kind of exit strategy (which would have to be on their own terms, as Seneca found out).

They're putting in the bare minimum of 'investment', running the club on a skeleton staff of directors, players and coaches, and cashing in anything in sight. Hopefully they are in asset-stripping mode and preparing some kind of exit strategy (which would have to be on their own terms, as Seneca found out).

Wouldn't surprise me if they're hanging around solely in the hope that Boro stay up and they pocket another £2 million. They're that stupid. None of our players come close to that value. Haven't we got a Judge sell-on clause too?

Wouldn't surprise me if they're hanging around solely in the hope that Boro stay up and they pocket another £2 million. They're that stupid. None of our players come close to that value. Haven't we got a Judge sell-on clause too?

That's a worry as with the amount of sales under them there could be sell on clauses and add ons to trigger all over the place.

could they not be hanging around to make sure the Befair stake pays out on relegation? Traditional bookies had us at 5/1 before the season started and you could get around 7/1 on the exchanges. If they go, or sack the gaffer, they have no control over that anymore.

ALLEGEDLY.

That's a worry as with the amount of sales under them there could be sell on clauses and add ons to trigger all over the place.

Been within my thinking for some time. As you say, it's a worry, especially if we've got clauses for other players that we don't know about e.g. King, Gestede, Duffy, Hanley and Cairney.

Clowns are funny, Cheston is a disgrace and a total waste of time in whatever title or role he plays. Throughout the years I have always had detailed exchanges with Rovers Senior Management and that included the inept Derek Shaw and the even more clueless agnew.

I truly believe the starting point is the removal of Cheston and Coyle is a priority. if Pahsa has anything about him in the management stakes then he must surely realise this is the first problem that needs addressing and the installment of proper footballing people is the way forward.

I think personally that the great name of BRFC is yet to be dragged even further through the mire because of the morons in charge.

we will suffer, there will be more in fighting, more protests and upheaval and I expect crowds to diminish to 1970s numbers.

how are you going to remove Cheston and Coyle from their positions at the club?

they do has they are told to do by the owners and wont challenge the owners decisions. that's what the owners like

I still can't quite put my finger on precisely what Pasha's agenda is, that's the trouble when you have hidden staff who don't appear in public or speak. It seems at the moment he's little more than a part time supervisor to keep the staff at Ewood in check and make sure there are no abuses of power or spending beyond what has been authorised in India. Anyone who steps out of line or rocks the boat and he can quickly report back to HQ and have heads roll. I reckon this is what Bowyer did when he wanted out of the transfer embargo so he had to go quickly.

Then we've also got the question of future ownership. If Venkys ever do get fed up and want to get rid of the club it will be infinitely more sellable in the Championship, where numerous clubs have attracted wealthy owners in recent times, than it will in League One. That concept is no doubt too difficult to grasp for these people.

Pasha role is to run the club without being directly involved in the running the club. Making sure that the people in India authorise all deals.

I think Bowyer was sacked cos they thought/advised that Lambert could have got us promote.

Don't forget that it was Myers that got in touch with Lambert and his people after Pasha wanted him to take over after being authorised to do so by the owners.

I do agree that the club is much more saleable in the championship then in league 1. Hopefully a potential new owner/s will look at buying Rovers soon

Any other club with a proper board of directors would be on a plane then banging on the doors in Pune saying this needs sorting we are only going one way. But as has gradually been the case here everyone has been cut away until there is nothing but a minion who'll do what he's told because he doesn't know any different himself, all for a pat on the back and a 'carry on' from an adviser who turns up now and again.

I said when Pascha arrived that on the face of it as a pal and business associate of the V's it had the look of nothing more than a business plan to get the club in shape to sell. (some hope) but it looks more like get it in cheap shape via downscale. This was before his other links popped up which makes it far more cloudy.

Cut away anyone who knows what they are doing or asks questions, it's how crooks work !

why would any directors challenge the owners of a club?

our owners employed yes man and nothing else. that's what they want

Of course a board of directors would challenge the owners of a club it's been done many times before. In most cases it's their job to see decisions made in the best interests of a club.

Really???

I would like to know who these clubs are?

The only time I can remember is when the Liverpool board sold the club over the owners Hicks and Gillet. But that was bank issue with RBS.

Would Chelsea board challenge the Chelsea owner or Arsenal board challenge the owner or even the Manager?

Really???

The only time I can remember is when the Liverpool board sold the club over the owners Hicks and Gillet. But that was bank issue with RBS.

Would Chelsea board challenge the Chelsea owner or Arsenal board challenge the owner or even the Manager?

would YOU challenge anything rovers do?

Really???

You said why would a board of directors challenge the owners then in your next post you give an example ! Answered your own question.

Tell me this did Williams and co not challenge Venkys shortly after takeover ? Is that not an example of a board challenging owners right there ?

You give Chelsea and Arsenal as cases in point but do you not think about the rest of the clubs in the league ? It's happened dozens of times throughout football and like I said any decent board would challenge the owner if they thought it was correct to do so.

We don't have a board and that is exactly why, even Shaw for all his sins challenged the V's a time or two. They don't want a board here because another someone or party is pulling the strings and they don't want questioning on it nor where the money goes by any outsider or wise well qualified person.

Stinks.

Mulgrew let me down in his LT interview today. Something about Coyle "has done well wherever he's been"...

Err, well that's not true.

But that is a true statement, he has done well (personally) at every club he has been at and I am sure his bank statement will back up that fact.

Done really well this time considering his and his common law Sandy's last few stints as "the Dream Team"

Just got to hope that Stokes feels the same about Football Manager impersonators as he does about Elvis impersonators :)

But that is a true statement, he has done well (personally) at every club he has been at and I am sure his bank statement will back up that fact.

Done really well this time considering his and his common law Sandy's last few stints as "the Dream Team"

Just got to hope that Stokes feels the same about Football Manager impersonators as he does about Elvis impersonators :)

Brilliant stuff!

From the sounds of things,Stokes belongs in the ghetto and Coyle is certainly taking us way on down.

It sometimes feels like there are subliminal messages in the Coyle Interviews to me. I am the ex Burnley Manager and you lot, don't really want me here, so take this! Am I the only one thinking this, as it seems that he says what we wants and doesn't give a stuff, how ridiculous it sound?. The Samuelson one is the latest, but the classic was the 10 clean sheets and massive points statement. If that wasn't a huge two fingers to you lot, I don't know what is.

Mulgrew let me down in his LT interview today. Something about Coyle "has done well wherever he's been"...

Err, well that's not true.

The LT guy Greaney is coming across as yet another agents bitch. The whole club looks like an agents play thing with the agents having no respect or feelings for Blackburn Rovers and it's fans whatsoever.

Saturdays back page heading started with the words ACE Williams.... ffs ! is he taking the pish or just simply peddling the agents player. No wonder this England is fooked !

Scousers out !

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14908281.Owen_Coyle__I_knew_managing_Blackburn_Rovers_was_a_huge_challenge/

The clown just keeps offering more and more.

'The job was always going to be huge no matter who was manager' - that's right, and that's the reason why it was imperative to make a sensible, safe appointment along the lines of Warnock rather than appoint a man who had failed in his last 3 jobs.

'That's because we know, over the last number of years, that the club has finished in a low position' - a lie. Last season was a struggle, the two seasons before that we finished 8th and 9th. Or are we now airbrushing Bowyer out of our history because he did a better job than Coyle under similar conditions?

'A team that each year was getting further down the league' - not true, unless you conveniently ignore 2013-14 and 2014-15.

He's starting to reach the stage where he's unbearable to even listen to.

Archived