BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

The likes of Bournemouth, Watford, Palace, Swansea, Hull and, yes, Burnley have shown that success can be achieved in this division for those clubs not blessed with 20,000+ gates or large city populations. All of those (apart from maybe Hull) were averaging 10,000-15,000 a week when they were promoted from this league in recent seasons, and really none of them apart from maybe Bournemouth did it through reliance on wealthy benefactors. None of them had the Premier League pedigree or infrastructure we have.

In the cases of Palace, Swansea and Burnley all of them were locally owned/managed by businessmen of relatively meagre resources but who had some sort of plan and stuck to it. Infact, in the cases of Palace and Swansea both were very close to being shut down in years gone by before their revivals began.

That is the evidence we need that there is a future for Rovers once we are rid of these crooks and one day we can get back to where we were. It might not be easy, or quick, it will take hard work and patience, but I don't subscribe to the theory that the future of football in this country is a league of big city clubs with the town clubs heading downwards on an irreversible decline and that our destiny is to occupy a lower division position for eternity just because our gates aren't as large as Leeds/Derby etc.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is the evidence we need that there is a future for Rovers once we are rid of these crooks and one day we can get back to where we were. It might not be easy, or quick, it will take hard work and patience,

phew - I feel better already!

anyway, has Coyle gone yet??

Several posters on here were shouted down by some when we suggested that there was an element of spite in appointing Coyle. We were called conspiracy theorists and fantasists for saying that when there was no logical solution to the appointment. Well now, with Rovers in deep, deep trouble and looking certain for relegation there seems no sign of Coyle being ousted. In fact the Nixon article of yesterday alluded to this for the way the Indians have been treated.

Where can one see this article?

Several posters on here were shouted down by some when we suggested that there was an element of spite in appointing Coyle. We were called conspiracy theorists and fantasists for saying that when there was no logical solution to the appointment. Well now, with Rovers in deep, deep trouble and looking certain for relegation there seems no sign of Coyle being ousted. In fact the Nixon article of yesterday alluded to this for the way the Indians have been treated.

Fit and proper owners indeed..........

There certainly seems more sense in Coyle being appointed to spite the fans, rather than him being the stand out candidate. I can't stomach reading the Nixon article, but judging by the comments on here about it, they appear to want revenge for what the fans have done to them. If during the summer, the question was asked by the owners, who would the nightmare appointment be, so far as the fans are concerned, then Coyle would definitely stand out then.

There certainly seems more sense in Coyle being appointed to spite the fans, rather than him being the stand out candidate. I can't stomach reading the Nixon article, but judging by the comments on here about it, they appear to want revenge for what the fans have done to them. If during the summer, the question was asked by the owners, who would the nightmare appointment be, so far as the fans are concerned, then Coyle would definitely stand out then.

Best we tell our thin skinned multi millionaire owners that our worst nightmare would be Sean Dyche 😂

The ramblings of a man who knows his best mate is doomed. Either Coyle gets sacked or takes us down.

Nixon even manages to contradict himself in quick succession:

'Where are the local heroes willing to pick up the tab at around £20 million a year'

Then;

'Two businessmen fans Ian Battersby and Ian Currie were willing to put in £20 million this season but were snubbed'

He's just answered his own question.

If its correct that Battersby and Currie were willing to put in £20 million this season, they would have to have sufficient funding beyond that. One of the rules for potential buyers of football clubs is that they have to prove they have sufficient working capital to finance the club moving forward.

'Where are the local heroes willing to pick up the tab at around £20 million a year'

Then;

'Two businessmen fans Ian Battersby and Ian Currie were willing to put in £20 million this season but were snubbed'

to be fair to him (although why should we be) I read his comments as saying where have Battersby and Currie gone since the big fanfare and the offer being made. It has been awfully quiet on that front,

The last thing we need now is a bent foreign owner. Rovers need to come back into Blackburn hands!

Rovers need to be in the right hands.

Whoever the new owner could be or is need to be one with a plan of action and have an experience Football/business people to come in and run the club and be on the club's board.

Nothing wrong with Foriegn ownership if they run the club right and correct like Liverpool owners FSG or Man City's owner or Everton's owner.

The last thing we need now is a bent foreign owner. Rovers need to come back into Blackburn hands!

If it's a Blackburn owner then the chances are it will be foreign,

Interesting line from the piece

Sources close to the Indians reveal they will never deal with the locals who made their life misery long before this latest storm. They would only sell to a foreigner.

Which locals are they then, I thought it was a cockney spiff and a bent Jock

Rovers need to be in the right hands.

Whoever the new owner could be or is need to be one with a plan of action and have an experience Football/business people to come in and run the club and be on the club's board.

Nothing wrong with Foriegn ownership if they run the club right and correct like Liverpool owners FSG or Man City's owner or Everton's owner.

After Venkys there's everything wrong with foreign owners let's hope Everton drop through the leagues.

After Venkys there's everything wrong with foreign owners let's hope Everton drop through the leagues.

Agree they has been some bad foreign owners. No doubt about it.

Everton's owner has a plan. Looking to built a new stadium and got a good manager in. Koeman is a very good manager. Plus they are spending big money

Venkys never did any of that. Just cut the budget season after season

• Backroom

Agree they has been some bad foreign owners. No doubt about it.

Everton's owner has a plan. Looking to built a new stadium and got a good manager in. Koeman is a very good manager. Plus they are spending big money

Venkys never did any of that. Just cut the budget season after season

Yeah, the warning signs were there pretty much straight away when Allardyce was replaced by that hairless, drink-driving, stuttering, incompetent, deluded nobody. A patsy put in place so Anderson and his buddies could start loading the club with their players on big contracts and big signing on bonuses, whilst our better players were either frozen out or shown the door.

Venky's have been a disgrace from day one, and the only reason we haven't already dropped into League One/Two is because Bowyer performed well above expectations and actually made us somewhat competitive for a couple of seasons before it all became too much and the wheels totally came off.

to be fair to him (although why should we be) I read his comments as saying where have Battersby and Currie gone since the big fanfare and the offer being made. It has been awfully quiet on that front,

Awfully quiet???

Not sure what you expect them to do after they got royally told to ''do one'' 6 months ago

Ian Battersby on BBC Radio Lancs

He spoke about how their proposal was treated and how the feeling is around the club. He drew comparisons of when we were down and weakened in the past but then we were together fans and club and had hope. He also spoke about the management and how it wouldn't matter who was in charge as no budget no budget planning. Reminded me that at start of season we had 13 senior players 2 of were keepers. It goes on. But he did say something along the lines of if it came to the point that rovers needed rescuing he'd try and step in.

​here is the full programme

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04cgxt4#play

​I've haven't heard it myself but came by a person on facebook

Bizarre to see some of the very vocal anti-protest people on twitter wanting Coyle out.

Especially those saying 'Venkys Out then what' a couple of weeks ago.

I struggle to see how they don't see the correlation or irony.

Bizarre to see some of the very vocal anti-protest people on twitter wanting Coyle out.

Especially those saying 'Venkys Out then what' a couple of weeks ago.

I struggle to see how they don't see the correlation or irony.

I struggle to see how they've worked out how to use a keyboard... @#/? idiots.

Awfully quiet???

Not sure what you expect them to do after they got royally told to ''do one'' 6 months ago

I take that point...........it wasn't supposed to be a dig at them per se, but their offer was pretty much ignored and denied rather than them being directly rebutted. Maybe I missed it, but didn't really see a strong message in the media from the 2 Ians afterwards. [i'd be delighted if its gone quiet because they're well down the road with due diligence having full access to the accounts after having a bid accepted - and a new manager lined up].

I take that point...........it wasn't supposed to be a dig at them per se, but their offer was pretty much ignored and denied rather than them being directly rebutted. Maybe I missed it, but didn't really see a strong message in the media from the 2 Ians afterwards. [i'd be delighted if its gone quiet because they're well down the road with due diligence having full access to the accounts after having a bid accepted - and a new manager lined up].

At the moment, Seneca is or was the only credible alternative. Likely to be post-administration.

Keeping a low profile continues to give Venkys the option to discretely discuss an exit plan involving them. Although it would be good for protests if Seneca was more overt about being a credible alternative. If we had that we could have a more positive campaign which is pro-Seneca rather than only anti-Venkys.

I'm puzzled about the Nixon piece where he reckons Venkys think local people have made their lives a misery. How are they suffering in any way shape or form? Their share price is performing fantastically since they bought the club.

5CF884B1-9710-4716-9983-A55BC7C5B19C.jpe

Not sure what possible complaints they could have. They have taken everything from us and are well on course to leave us with nothing. To this point there has been very little unrest.

Anyway, this is turning into another Venkys Out thread, with no signs of that happening. In the meantime we need to save our season. Coyle needs to go. He's proven as inept as we all thought he would be and no amount of excuses from Nixon about how tough it is will change that. Can't do your job because Venkys have tied your hands? Well walk then, Lambert did. He saw the writing on the wall and was a credible guy with ambition and a plan. Alternatively stay, make excuses and take their coin but don't expect sympathy or support.

At the moment, Seneca is or was the only credible alternative. Likely to be post-administration.

Keeping a low profile continues to give Venkys the option to discretely discuss an exit plan involving them. Although it would be good for protests if Seneca was more overt about being a credible alternative. If we had that we could have a more positive campaign which is pro-Seneca rather than only anti-Venkys.

I'm puzzled about the Nixon piece where he reckons Venkys think local people have made their lives a misery. How are they suffering in any way shape or form? Their share price is performing fantastically since they bought the club.

5CF884B1-9710-4716-9983-A55BC7C5B19C.jpe

Not sure what possible complaints they could have. They have taken everything from us and are well on course to leave us with nothing. To this point there has been very little unrest.

Anyway, this is turning into another Venkys Out thread, with no signs of that happening. In the meantime we need to save our season. Coyle needs to go. He's proven as inept as we all thought he would be and no amount of excuses from Nixon about how tough it is will change that. Can't do your job because Venkys have tied your hands? Well walk then, Lambert did. He saw the writing on the wall and was a credible guy with ambition and a plan. Alternatively stay, make excuses and take their coin but don't expect sympathy or support.

The analogy becomes more compelling every day. This is just a classic case of the abusers blaming the victim for the abuse.

I think the football "game" is like the BBC. Everyone knows what is going on here, but the silence is deafening!

Archived