SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does that even mean?

Against who? There's no decision makers in the U.K. apart from the mysterious Pasha. Now there's a guy who's getting an easy ride. Must be laughing his head off.

As for Not A Penny More. Yeah, cause that'll kill them that. Genius idea as more Blackburn folk lose their jobs. "Oh no Madame! We're not selling any crisps on the Blackburn End! In fact match day revenue is down 20%!" "Shut all the bars, club shop and that blues bar. Make everyone redundant and don't waste my time about this again. That club is £104 million in debt. Do you think I care about a few grand?"

Counsel of despair!

Hopelessness and passivity are perfectly understandable responses.I get that. And there are always a million reasons why there is no point to anything!

But I don't want to live my life like a Beckett play.

We have to up the protests and the impact. We have to make life uncomfortable for the guardians of the game. Last week was a good start.

What does that even mean?

Against who? There's no decision makers in the U.K. apart from the mysterious Pasha. Now there's a guy who's getting an easy ride. Must be laughing his head off.

As for Not A Penny More. Yeah, cause that'll kill them that. Genius idea as more Blackburn folk lose their jobs. "Oh no Madame! We're not selling any crisps on the Blackburn End! In fact match day revenue is down 20%!" "Shut all the bars, club shop and that blues bar. Make everyone redundant and don't waste my time about this again. That club is £104 million in debt. Do you think I care about a few grand?"

This is one of the contradictions though.

They do everything they can to show that they don't give two @#/? about the club or the fans but if the fans leave they will fire people, presumably to cut costs.

By that logic the cost of paying the local people they sack is peanuts compared to the gap they are already plugging each season due to the shortfall between costs and income. Apparently.

So why don't they get out? They want their money back? Are they really so mind-numbingly foolish/stubborn/proud? The further we fall the less chance they have of that.

But let's say they believe they will have lower costs in League One - so that means lower player wages effectively - what happens when we get to the point where our income matches our wage-paying power? Well, half of our fans disappear again because the players we can now afford are pap, with the outward reason being that they are 'done with Rovers til Venkys leave' (not that I can argue with that notion). It's not even as though we are going down the 'grow your own' route to create that affinity between fans and players.

But the point is that this means the whole circus starts all over again but in a division lower. Are we now banking on our hardcore making us the Newcastle of League Two? And if we can't / don't / won't? I know I'm putting words in your mouth but that's the "it's the fans fault argument" right there...

What goads me is that even at 2-1 down I think Villa were there for the taking Coyles subs clearly showed no desire to try to win a football match, why? What message came to him after we took the lead. Coyle is here to do what he is told no more no less. It is how he came from nowhere to get the job over a few very respectable candidates. Rotten to the core these owners and their puppets, or whoever is actually pulling the strings

This is one of the contradictions though.

They do everything they can to show that they don't give two @#/? about the club or the fans but if the fans leave they will fire people, presumably to cut costs.

By that logic the cost of paying the local people they sack is peanuts compared to the gap they are already plugging each season due to the shortfall between costs and income. Apparently.

So why don't they get out? They want their money back? Are they really so mind-numbingly foolish/stubborn/proud? The further we fall the less chance they have of that.

But let's say they believe they will have lower costs in League One - so that means lower player wages effectively - what happens when we get to the point where our income matches our wage-paying power? Well, half of our fans disappear again because the players we can now afford are pap, with the outward reason being that they are 'done with Rovers til Venkys leave' (not that I can argue with that notion). It's not even as though we are going down the 'grow your own' route to create that affinity between fans and players.

But the point is that this means the whole circus starts all over again but in a division lower. Are we now banking on our hardcore making us the Newcastle of League Two? And if we can't / don't / won't? I know I'm putting words in your mouth but that's the "it's the fans fault argument" right there...

I haven't a clue why they're still here Stuart. There's nothing left of any value. Maybe millions to be made at the bookies with relegation? Not that I'm suggesting for a minute of course...

As for putting words in my mouth, yes you did.

I don't believe for one minute the venkscum are stupid. I think they are very clever people who know exactly what they are doing. I believe they came into this with their eyes wide open and have exploited the fans the club and the town for their own corrupt financial gain. The venkscum are a lot of things but stupid ain't one of them

Bang on simple assessment.

I don't believe for one minute the venkscum are stupid. I think they are very clever people who know exactly what they are doing. I believe they came into this with their eyes wide open and have exploited the fans the club and the town for their own corrupt financial gain. The venkscum are a lot of things but stupid ain't one of them

bang on mate

There's Ewood Park and the training ground to sell off yet.

As Rovers Trust reported - you can't do anything with Brockhall, can't build on it. 99 year covenant.

As for Ewood. Houses - isn't it prone to flooding?? Perhaps some shops? A McDonald's? an Aldi perhaps?

Several posters on here were shouted down by some when we suggested that there was an element of spite in appointing Coyle. We were called conspiracy theorists and fantasists for saying that when there was no logical solution to the appointment. Well now, with Rovers in deep, deep trouble and looking certain for relegation there seems no sign of Coyle being ousted. In fact the Nixon article of yesterday alluded to this for the way the Indians have been treated.

I think Nixon's quote needs to be pushed out there and used in our battle against the Venksters. Not sure how he knows this or if it is just a load hot air, but it's a very worrying allegation. If there is even a hint of truth to it, then it's as good as criminal. Running a club into the ground to spite fans? Jeez. Would need a proper journalist or someone with influence to do a bit more digging.

I think Nixon's quote needs to be pushed out there and used in our battle against the Venksters. Not sure how he knows this or if it is just a load hot air, but it's a very worrying allegation. If there is even a hint of truth to it, then it's as good as criminal. Running a club into the ground to spite fans? Jeez. Would need a proper journalist or someone with influence to do a bit more digging.

Blackpool fans have been accusing Oyston of deliberately running them down the divisions in retaliation for comments made towards his mum and the FA have done F A about it, so I doubt we'll be any different.

If they do pot Coyle and his clowns it will probably only be when they've flogged someone to cover it in Jan like they did with the Bowyer / Lambert mobs.

Also I agree with them using him as a deflecting tactic whilst they carry on their nonsense as there is no way on earth they didn't think appointing this guy wouldn't cause a stir. I think they may be disappointed so far he isn't copping the flack for them yet like coco was more than happy to do.

It's only stupid people who continue to think these people are really stupid.

Coyles a side show so the focus must be kept on Venkys as well if the crowd turns.

As Rovers Trust reported - you can't do anything with Brockhall, can't build on it. 99 year covenant.

As for Ewood. Houses - isn't it prone to flooding?? Perhaps some shops? A McDonald's? an Aldi perhaps?

They can borrow against these fixed assets though .....

Bolton fans : Coyle will sign some good young loans but will sign some oddballs ones on good contracts = Tick

Burnley fans : He can only coach one way and has no tactics mainly relies on team bonding/ spirit etc = Tick

Wigan fans : He talk relentless nonsense so get used to it you've got yourself Kean mk2 = Tick

Houston fans ; Most of the stuff from their messageboard is unrepeatable here .......

It does what it says on the tin alright !

We're now officially reaching the last chance saloon stage for this season. Another international break upon us and the January transfer window starting to appear on the horizon. Most clubs, Rovers not included, will be busy lining up potential transfer targets and will already have budgets in place to strengthen when the window opens.

This season can still be salvaged and it goes to show the poor standard of this league that after three wins and nine defeats in sixteen games that we're still within striking distance of clubs like Burton, Wolves, Forest and Cardiff.

A change made now would give a new manager almost a fortnight to prepare for the huge game against Brentford, which really is must win with Newcastle next up. If these crooks had any interest, determination, sense, ambition whatsoever to ensure the club survived this season and their 'investment' wasn't completely flushed down the toilet along with the club's future then they would use some of the £30 million to get rid of Coyle and his staff and bring about a sensible managerial change.

Of course there's no guarantees that a new manager would improve us sufficiently to keep us up. At this stage I'd happily have a manager that understands the importance of a solid defence and has some sort of idea of how to organise a team.

At the moment we're missing two essential components of any team that wants to survive - organisation and fitness. Teams short on finance, quality and depth can survive in this league comfortably if they master the art of defensive organisation and have a fit team capable of lasting 90 minutes two or three times a week. See Birmingham, Huddersfield, Ipswich and Burton as examples.

Archived