BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

He'll grind a win v Brentford to keep him in then spout a load of nonsense before the same cycle repeats itself again just like it has been doing for the last few years.

No investment, no depth, no quality will continue to equal no consistent results. Unless they bring a man in who's proven under those conditions then I'm not sure they even need bother with one after Coyle. What's the point because it won't stop the slide !

They obviously think football clubs don't need Chief Execs or Chairmen and directors so how long before they decide a manager isn't needed either ?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Charlie Cheston said Coyle was the outstanding candidate for the job and argued that he had vindicated his appointment before a ball had been kicked this season. What a clown.

The longer they go without making a change leads to more suspicion as to the real reasons behind Coyle's appointment and continued employment at the club, especially when only 12 months ago Gary Bowyer was unceremoniously dumped after 17 games with the club occupying a much healthier position than it has at any stage this season.

What is Coyle delivering now aside from highly likely relegation that Bowyer wasn't delivering last season with the club on course to survive?

The only action we're likely to see as this sham continues is Cheston retreating into a shell after his embarrassing comments in the summer have shown him out to know nothing about football and not fit to occupy the position he does, whilst mystery man Pasha continues to operate in the shadows whilst club employees go to great lengths to conceal his identity/presence for reasons yet unknown.

Coyle Out. No guarantee at all the shysters will leave if we are relegated. In fact they will probably be happier with reduced losses and further downsizing of all. Sleepwalking our way to relegation will not assist the club one iota with reduced income, interest and further fan erosion. Playing in front of 6k at home to Oldham will not cheer anyone up. Further damaging our local business community and company employees. No thanks, cannot see any benefit at all to being relegated.

Coyle Out. Averaging less points per game than either Bowyer or Lambert. In fact, Bowyer was sacked at roughly this stage so fingers crossed Coyle's days are numbered as well.

Coyle Out. Fans can still choose to enter late, leave early, paint pictures, hold meetings, wave banners, stay away, or fly to Timbucktoo whatever division we are in. Might as well be this one as an inferior one.

Coyle Out. His appointment was made for all the wrong reasons and his continued retention is damaging the club further. Clean sheets are a dirty word with this character, as are victories.An appointment made out of spite due to historical Burnley links. His last three appointments have all ended in tears and he clearly isn't the most suitable person for the job selected from a world-wide audience.

Coyle Out. By his own admission our wage bill remains very competitive at this level. More competitive than our first team it would appear.

All those saying keep Coyle, continue losing, get relegated, roll the dice and gamble? No evidence at all to suggest the Venky's are concerned about relegation so what are we actually gambling on? A romantic hope they will suddenly leave? No thanks.

Yes he has to go and get someone in who can keep us up but IMHO that would just delay the inevitable.. The club is a walking corpse.. Venkys have to be removed somehow.. Whoever is really pulling the strings will surely know what the exit plan is.. There has to be a cut off point..

Coyle Out. No guarantee at all the shysters will leave if we are relegated. In fact they will probably be happier with reduced losses and further downsizing of all. Sleepwalking our way to relegation will not assist the club one iota with reduced income, interest and further fan erosion. Playing in front of 6k at home to Oldham will not cheer anyone up. Further damaging our local business community and company employees. No thanks, cannot see any benefit at all to being relegated.

Coyle Out. Averaging less points per game than either Bowyer or Lambert. In fact, Bowyer was sacked at roughly this stage so fingers crossed Coyle's days are numbered as well.

Coyle Out. Fans can still choose to enter late, leave early, paint pictures, hold meetings, wave banners, stay away, or fly to Timbucktoo whatever division we are in. Might as well be this one as an inferior one.

Coyle Out. His appointment was made for all the wrong reasons and his continued retention is damaging the club further. Clean sheets are a dirty word with this character, as are victories.An appointment made out of spite due to historical Burnley links. His last three appointments have all ended in tears and he clearly isn't the most suitable person for the job selected from a world-wide audience.

Coyle Out. By his own admission our wage bill remains very competitive at this level. More competitive than our first team it would appear.

All those saying keep Coyle, continue losing, get relegated, roll the dice and gamble? No evidence at all to suggest the Venky's are concerned about relegation so what are we actually gambling on? A romantic hope they will suddenly leave? No thanks.

If you still attend games I can see the logic, makes perfect sense, agree completely.

But if you don't go to games, we need to hit rock bottom as soon as possible in the hope they'll sod off.

No guarantees I know, but like changing manager time and time again, thats not worked either.

If you still attend games I can see the logic, makes perfect sense, agree completely.

But if you don't go to games, we need to hit rock bottom as soon as possible in the hope they'll sod off.

No guarantees I know, but like changing manager time and time again, thats not worked either.

Have to agree. I've given up personally (hence my "Start a new club?" topic a while back).

They're simply not going to go, and the reason I feel so confident about this is their reaction to anything and everything that happens at Rovers is complete silence. They're not paying the slightest bit of attention to anything that happens at the club, haven't been for a good while now. We're a failed project, they'd have a hard time finding a buyer and would have to cash in their chips £100m down. So they've turned us over to a minion, probably a bored accountant, and it's a case of never mention "that English club" in my presence again. Balaji and Ventakesh are about 40, maybe in 40 years when their wealth is passed down a descendant might open the book on us again.

So there's only 2 ways out of this in my opinion. Wait for the club to be relegated into a part-time outfit worth zilch. Or abandon ship. The first could be long and painful or very, very long and painful. The second clearly won't pick up momentum until we're a good way down the track of the first.

Clowns are funny, Cheston is a disgrace and a total waste of time in whatever title or role he plays. Throughout the years I have always had detailed exchanges with Rovers Senior Management and that included the inept Derek Shaw and the even more clueless agnew.

I truly believe the starting point is the removal of Cheston and Coyle is a priority. if Pahsa has anything about him in the management stakes then he must surely realise this is the first problem that needs addressing and the installment of proper footballing people is the way forward.

I think personally that the great name of BRFC is yet to be dragged even further through the mire because of the morons in charge.

we will suffer, there will be more in fighting, more protests and upheaval and I expect crowds to diminish to 1970s numbers.

Have to agree. I've given up personally (hence my "Start a new club?" topic a while back).

They're simply not going to go, and the reason I feel so confident about this is their reaction to anything and everything that happens at Rovers is complete silence. They're not paying the slightest bit of attention to anything that happens at the club, haven't been for a good while now. We're a failed project, they'd have a hard time finding a buyer and would have to cash in their chips £100m down. So they've turned us over to a minion, probably a bored accountant, and it's a case of never mention "that English club" in my presence again. Balaji and Ventakesh are about 40, maybe in 40 years when their wealth is passed down a descendant might open the book on us again.

So there's only 2 ways out of this in my opinion. Wait for the club to be relegated into a part-time outfit worth zilch. Or abandon ship. The first could be long and painful or very, very long and painful. The second clearly won't pick up momentum until we're a good way down the track of the first.

I haven't renewed, nor been away. I have not listened to any interview from the manager. I haven't spent a penny on anything Rovers related. I forgot we were playing one midweek game.

The product is crap. The experience mind mumbingly boring. The atmosphere non existant. We've all given up to a greater or lesser degree.

I just dont think relegation gets us a quick fix. An empty ground might help. 25,000 angry fans protesting outside the Jack Walker might help.

Purely from a footballing view Coyle should go. Most in and around us have made a change.

Hope all ok SKH.

I haven't renewed, nor been away. I have not listened to any interview from the manager. I haven't spent a penny on anything Rovers related. I forgot we were playing one midweek game.

The product is crap. The experience mind mumbingly boring. The atmosphere non existant. We've all given up to a greater or lesser degree.

I just dont think relegation gets us a quick fix. An empty ground might help. 25,000 angry fans protesting outside the Jack Walker might help.

Purely from a footballing view Coyle should go. Most in and around us have made a change.

Hope all ok SKH.

Yeah I agree its no quick fix, just think Coyle staying and relegating us gets us to that grim, depressing final destination that bit sooner. Mentioned on here before my ex is a Stockport fan and I went to a few games in the Conference with her so I know first hand that where we're heading isn't pretty, but I've genuinely and absolutely given up now. Maybe I should want Coyle to go actually and prolong the charade of stability for the sake of those that still believe. Dunno to be honest.

I've reached a new equilibrium with Rovers in any case. If a glaring opportunity presents itself (free ticket, exciting cup game, proposal from a mate to watch us away) then I'll go and as always at games sing until I get a headache. If not I'm like you, happy to miss games at will and probably even more prone to forgetting when we're playing. At least the kit still looks as awesome as ever.

Yeah I'm good thanks, enjoying the Trump shenanigans :) Hope you're well mate.

This equation seems a bit difficult to believe in;

Relegation = Venkys leaving.

The idea that they want something back or won't just walk away (due to some misplaced pride) goes against that equation.

The idea that they are complicit in burying bad money or on the take, makes no sense with this equation and doesn't tally with the immediate idea that they'd leave.

In fact, why does relegation suggest they will walk?

I don't see it. When I think about what relegation brings, all I can see is further reductions in costs - wages, academy etc, further sales, closed stands, more people boycotting and ultimatley more woe.

I also see a lot longer way back.

So why are fans wanting us to be relegated? I don't know, and I will never understand. I've been through the same as everyone else - but I can't see why more misery is the solution.

Coyle needs to go, a proper manager and some investment is needed. It probably won't happen, but I said the same when GB was teetering, I expected another rookie or no name.

Telling other fans to wake up and hope for relegation? This "cut your nose off to spite your face" agenda is about as far removed from reality as it gets for me.

This equation seems a bit difficult to believe in;

Relegation = Venkys leaving.

The idea that they want something back or won't just walk away (due to some misplaced pride) goes against that equation.

The idea that they are complicit in burying bad money or on the take, makes no sense with this equation and doesn't tally with the immediate idea that they'd leave.

In fact, why does relegation suggest they will walk?

I don't see it. When I think about what relegation brings, all I can see is further reductions in costs - wages, academy etc, further sales, closed stands, more people boycotting and ultimatley more woe.

I also see a lot longer way back.

So why are fans wanting us to be relegated? I don't know, and I will never understand. I've been through the same as everyone else - but I can't see why more misery is the solution.

Coyle needs to go, a proper manager and some investment is needed. It probably won't happen, but I said the same when GB was teetering, I expected another rookie or no name.

Telling other fans to wake up and hope for relegation? This "cut your nose off to spite your face" agenda is about as far removed from reality as it gets for me.

Absolutely agree.

If there was a guarantee they would leave, I think we'd all take it.

As you correctly say, there isn't and the misery & downward spiral would most likely continue.

I was desperately hoping Coyle would be removed because it's quite clear he will take us down.

Absolutely crucial we stay up somehow because relegation would indeed seem to play into their hands for reasons listed above. If your downscaling to save money etc league 1 and a league 1 budget with the squad filled with over promoted youth and all run by one shitehouse accountant and an adviser now and again is perfect.

They can do what they want with almost zero resistant and the partners can run who they want through the books. Speaking of books we'll probably be the only league 1 midtable club to lose 20 mill per annum every year through the accounts...........

Go down under these crooks and it's us finished !

Absolutely. Cheston and Pasha's agenda would be easier to accomplish if we drop another division and lose another 2,000 off the weekly gate.

Cheston could accelerate his plan to close down the Darwen End and Riverside and concentrate home fans in 2 stands. With Southend and MK Dons the visitors he could probably put the 200 away fans in a corner of the JW stand and save a few more quid over the season. He could shut the shop down at Ewood as 'people's purchasing habits have changed' and sell merchandise from a market stall next to the turnstiles. Job well done for Charlie who only knows the importance of pound signs in the organisation and is only being judged on how much cash he can shave off the running costs. Balls to the football and product on the pitch.

Charlie Cheston will have his eyes on cutting costs at the Academy and training ground. It is a vast estate that costs a fortune to maintain and operate and anyone tasked with cutting overheads would quickly target that area. They've got a problem with the covenant down at Brockhall and the statutory expenses involved in maintaining the Category A academy, but in League One it will be very easy to justify offloading that part of the club and to sell such cutbacks to the remaining supporters and local yes-men at Radio Lancs and the Telegraph.

'What can we do? Its simply unsustainable in the 3rd division with 6,000 crowds' cries Cheston with the Telegraph embracing such things.

In terms of aggravation and job pressure Charlie Cheston's life will no doubt be significantly easier if the number of angry supporters is reduced and people simply stop going. He doesn't really care how many people are in Ewood or what league position we occupy, his yearly bonus will hinge on different measures of performance and the quicker and easier he can set about achieving his aims without annoying supporters getting in the way or questioning him the better.

The leasing project (which was always the plan from the regime, temporarily interrupted when they thought they could get up quickly/cheaply) has returned as seen by our assembling of a squad using young cheap loans from other clubs. In League One the same process can take place, only substitute Premier League clubs for Championship clubs on lower wages.

I still can't quite put my finger on precisely what Pasha's agenda is, that's the trouble when you have hidden staff who don't appear in public or speak. It seems at the moment he's little more than a part time supervisor to keep the staff at Ewood in check and make sure there are no abuses of power or spending beyond what has been authorised in India. Anyone who steps out of line or rocks the boat and he can quickly report back to HQ and have heads roll. I reckon this is what Bowyer did when he wanted out of the transfer embargo so he had to go quickly.

Then we've also got the question of future ownership. If Venkys ever do get fed up and want to get rid of the club it will be infinitely more sellable in the Championship, where numerous clubs have attracted wealthy owners in recent times, than it will in League One. That concept is no doubt too difficult to grasp for these people.

Absolutely. Cheston and Pasha's agenda would be easier to accomplish if we drop another division and lose another 2,000 off the weekly gate.

Cheston could accelerate his plan to close down the Darwen End and Riverside and concentrate home fans in 2 stands. With Southend and MK Dons the visitors he could probably put the 200 away fans in a corner of the JW stand and save a few more quid over the season. He could shut the shop down at Ewood as 'people's purchasing habits have changed' and sell merchandise from a market stall next to the turnstiles. Job well done for Charlie who only knows the importance of pound signs in the organisation and is only being judged on how much cash he can shave off the running costs. Balls to the football and product on the pitch.

Charlie Cheston will have his eyes on cutting costs at the Academy and training ground. It is a vast estate that costs a fortune to maintain and operate and anyone tasked with cutting overheads would quickly target that area. They've got a problem with the covenant down at Brockhall and the statutory expenses involved in maintaining the Category A academy, but in League One it will be very easy to justify offloading that part of the club and to sell such cutbacks to the remaining supporters and local yes-men at Radio Lancs and the Telegraph.

'What can we do? Its simply unsustainable in the 3rd division with 6,000 crowds' cries Cheston with the Telegraph embracing such things.

In terms of aggravation and job pressure Charlie Cheston's life will no doubt be significantly easier if the number of angry supporters is reduced and people simply stop going. He doesn't really care how many people are in Ewood or what league position we occupy, his yearly bonus will hinge on different measures of performance and the quicker and easier he can set about achieving his aims without annoying supporters getting in the way or questioning him the better.

The leasing project (which was always the plan from the regime, temporarily interrupted when they thought they could get up quickly/cheaply) has returned as seen by our assembling of a squad using young cheap loans from other clubs. In League One the same process can take place, only substitute Premier League clubs for Championship clubs on lower wages.

I still can't quite put my finger on precisely what Pasha's agenda is, that's the trouble when you have hidden staff who don't appear in public or speak. It seems at the moment he's little more than a part time supervisor to keep the staff at Ewood in check and make sure there are no abuses of power or spending beyond what has been authorised in India. Anyone who steps out of line or rocks the boat and he can quickly report back to HQ and have heads roll. I reckon this is what Bowyer did when he wanted out of the transfer embargo so he had to go quickly.

Then we've also got the question of future ownership. If Venkys ever do get fed up and want to get rid of the club it will be infinitely more sellable in the Championship, where numerous clubs have attracted wealthy owners in recent times, than it will in League One. That concept is no doubt too difficult to grasp for these people.

Belter.

Any other club with a proper board of directors would be on a plane then banging on the doors in Pune saying this needs sorting we are only going one way. But as has gradually been the case here everyone has been cut away until there is nothing but a minion who'll do what he's told because he doesn't know any different himself, all for a pat on the back and a 'carry on' from an adviser who turns up now and again.

I said when Pascha arrived that on the face of it as a pal and business associate of the V's it had the look of nothing more than a business plan to get the club in shape to sell. (some hope) but it looks more like get it in cheap shape via downscale. This was before his other links popped up which makes it far more cloudy.

Cut away anyone who knows what they are doing or asks questions, it's how crooks work !

Absolutely crucial we stay up somehow because relegation would indeed seem to play into their hands for reasons listed above. If your downscaling to save money etc league 1 and a league 1 budget with the squad filled with over promoted youth and all run by one shitehouse accountant and an adviser now and again is perfect.

They can do what they want with almost zero resistant and the partners can run who they want through the books. Speaking of books we'll probably be the only league 1 midtable club to lose 20 mill per annum every year through the accounts...........

Go down under these crooks and it's us finished !

not to mention that relegation means players being transferred out and (maybe ) in, with a nice juicy 5% plus fees for the owners agents

not to mention that relegation means players being transferred out and (maybe ) in, with a nice juicy 5% plus fees for the owners agents

Yep, sell several in order to pay off the high earners again, the ones they've recently signed i.e Graham, Stokes, Mulgrew . Can't sustain their wages in lge 1 so up pops the 75% of your contract to leave gang again.

There's a pattern here just like constantly changing managers & coaching staff and sacking directors likely paid for by player sales.

Pay offs not plays offs !

Just who's benefiting though......

Archived