SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul Lambert's comments on Rovers:

Some have belittled Lambert’s average Blackburn record last season. When he took over in November they were 16th and when the season ended in May they were 15th.

But he revealed it was clear it was never going to work at Ewood Park - and he'd have left within a couple of months if he could have.

"It’s well documented the clause was there that I could leave," he said. "I was led to believe we were going to have a go at it. Pretty early on it was clear that wasn’t going to happen.

"Blackburn’s a great club with great people. Everything was good other than we thought we were going to get a chance.

"It was pretty early on it was clear I wasn’t going to stay. I’d have left in January if they were willing to do that."

He also revealed there is no such clause in his Molineux contract.

The more I think about it and the more I read about it the more it appears like the whole thing was a stitch up job from the word go. Lambert now saying it was common knowledge that he had a clause to enable him to leave early, which was certainly never mentioned by him or the club until he announced he was leaving.

Why would the club agree to such a thing? I can understand Lambert asking for it to enable him to test the water with Venkys and then leave quickly if they messed him about, but why would Rovers have agreed to it?

I think it was Lambert's decision to sell Rhodes and the reason he did it was because it was a last roll of the dice for him to try and get some cash to spend. It dawned on him in January that they weren't going to put their hands in their own pockets so he eventually came round to the idea that if we got £9 million for Rhodes and his wages off the books that they might agree to at least let him have that money which would go some way to rebuilding the squad. Then when it became clear that money was being siphoned off too that was the final straw for him.

From Lambert's perspective I can understand the whole thing. Get back into management after Villa, repair a damaged reputation, give them a chance to do things right and back him and if not then walk out reputation intact/improved. I just can't understand the Rovers perspective at all, and it inevitably leads to suspicion and conspiracy theories. What were they really offering back in November? Did they just need a different manager in place short term to oversee the latest batch of sales (Rhodes included)?

Still no explanation from the club as far as I am aware about why Martin Samuelson was playing for West Ham's reserves last Monday night and then was on the bench for us at Villa Park on Saturday.

I would have expected the Telegraph to tackle Coyle on this subject in the run up to the game at Villa or certainly since the weekend but instead they just want to print the latest round of drivel from Coyle, Steele and co.

Paul Lambert's comments on Rovers:

Some have belittled Lambert’s average Blackburn record last season. When he took over in November they were 16th and when the season ended in May they were 15th.

But he revealed it was clear it was never going to work at Ewood Park - and he'd have left within a couple of months if he could have.

"It’s well documented the clause was there that I could leave," he said. "I was led to believe we were going to have a go at it. Pretty early on it was clear that wasn’t going to happen.

"Blackburn’s a great club with great people. Everything was good other than we thought we were going to get a chance.

"It was pretty early on it was clear I wasn’t going to stay. I’d have left in January if they were willing to do that."

He also revealed there is no such clause in his Molineux contract.

The more I think about it and the more I read about it the more it appears like the whole thing was a stitch up job from the word go. Lambert now saying it was common knowledge that he had a clause to enable him to leave early, which was certainly never mentioned by him or the club until he announced he was leaving.

Why would the club agree to such a thing? I can understand Lambert asking for it to enable him to test the water with Venkys and then leave quickly if they messed him about, but why would Rovers have agreed to it?

I think it was Lambert's decision to sell Rhodes and the reason he did it was because it was a last roll of the dice for him to try and get some cash to spend. It dawned on him in January that they weren't going to put their hands in their own pockets so he eventually came round to the idea that if we got £9 million for Rhodes and his wages off the books that they might agree to at least let him have that money which would go some way to rebuilding the squad. Then when it became clear that money was being siphoned off too that was the final straw for him.

From Lambert's perspective I can understand the whole thing. Get back into management after Villa, repair a damaged reputation, give them a chance to do things right and back him and if not then walk out reputation intact/improved. I just can't understand the Rovers perspective at all, and it inevitably leads to suspicion and conspiracy theories. What were they really offering back in November? Did they just need a different manager in place short term to oversee the latest batch of sales (Rhodes included)?

Lambert knew very quickly what he was dealing with....

Liars and crooks spring to mind !

Far to many fans argued it was a footballing decision, didn't hit his points tally, blew the budget 😂 absolute bunkum, he was lied to like we've all been lied to and now we've got a yes man that can't believe his luck, money for nothing and chickens for free.

Venkys **** off

Ian Battersby on BBC Radio Lancs

He spoke about how their proposal was treated and how the feeling is around the club. He drew comparisons of when we were down and weakened in the past but then we were together fans and club and had hope. He also spoke about the management and how it wouldn't matter who was in charge as no budget no budget planning. Reminded me that at start of season we had 13 senior players 2 of were keepers. It goes on. But he did say something along the lines of if it came to the point that rovers needed rescuing he'd try and step in.

​here is the full programme

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04cgxt4#play

​I've haven't heard it myself but came by a person on facebook

Thanks Chaddy. That's a very good listen and some really clear pointers about what went on earlier in the year. Speaks a hell of a lot sense unless its just me comparing it to the twaddle that comes out of the Club these days??????

Is that even legal in footballing terms. I mean is it allowed by the laws of the game?

No idea, but it's certainly the first time I've ever heard of it happening in English football. The fact the club hasn't mentioned it yet leads to suspicion on my part. I simply don't see how in the space of a week he can be sat on the bench for Rovers in the Championship and in between that running around in a West Ham shirt to give him game time. What sort of season long loan is that?

Owen Coyle's outrageous quote yesterday:

'If we'd have had 10 more clean sheets we'd have been picking up enormous points'

Since Coyle joined Burnley in 2007 he has managed 338 competitive matches at Burnley, Bolton, Wigan, Houston and Rovers. In those 338 games his side have kept a clean sheet on 74 occasions (21.8% of games).

On average his teams will keep a clean sheet once every 5 games. At Rovers he's surpassed what was already an appalling record by overseeing 1 clean sheet in 19 games so far this season, that was at home against an Ipswich side that hadn't scored in 6 when they played us, which is beyond pathetic.

Anyone who knows anything will understand the critical importance of defensive organisation and resilience at the back, especially for those teams fighting relegation or short on quality/options.

A quick glance at those damning statistics proves that he is simply incapable of organising a team, that has been the case throughout almost 10 years of management at 5 different clubs, and it is highly unlikely to change any time soon. It's getting worse judging by our record this season.

He's the antithesis of Allardyce, Bowyer and Lambert, all of whom understood the importance of a strong defence and were able to deliver that which was one reason we survived under all of them.

Talk about having 10 more clean sheets or 'going back to basics' and sorting the defence out are simply not going to happen under this manager. He's proved he can't do it.

When you're second bottom of the league, with no-one accusing you of playing "pretty football", you've got to be on another planet to come out with gems like:

“There’s never a game where you’re going to play pretty football all the time."

That's such a Steve Kean quote.

Including gems like:

“We are not going to be able to invent 10 games where we can go on an unbeaten run because there are not enough games left.”

“We've had monumental results this season, including back-to-back clean sheets".

The last thing we want is Coyle sacking.

Nobody's going to save this club until Venkys sod off, getting rid of Coyle gives every non protester an opportunity to carry on doing nothing.

Think bigger picture, Coyle in.

.....Or on the pay roll short term to move a few players out and make a few bob ?

Wonder if he earned any bonus payments from his time here.

Far to many fans argued it was a footballing decision, didn't hit his points tally, blew the budget absolute bunkum, he was lied to like we've all been lied to and now we've got a yes man that can't believe his luck, money for nothing and chickens for free.

Venkys **** off

I said right when he first came I was worried it was a cover up to get Rhodes out which was panned by a few who are notably mostly absent these days !

I remain convinced it was a stich up job for all including Lambert as they never had any intention of reinvesting. They'd probably have flogged others as well then if the right bids came in and I think he soon realised that.

Everything from sacking Bowyers crew to suddenly hire someone like Lambert and that back room staff went right against everything they've ever done at Ewood in their time. No way was that lot ever going to stay then have everything sold from under them but still be expected to make the play offs or more.

. Supposedly someone who's ITK,I personally thought desison on Sat week if we didn't win,will it make any difference with a new manager,doubt it...

I know that the bigger picture is to get rid of Venkys and i am 100% on board with that but i hate Coyle so much i really want him gone.

You're right that it probably won't make too much difference, we will probably still go down but i just want Coyle sacked. Can't stand the bloke.

Archived