BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

Johnson for manager, Dunny for assistant.

Two enthusiastic Rovers-affiliated novices are better than a jaded, idea-less, tactic-less, former Burnley manager. He has none of the attributes I would want in a manager, and all the ones I wouldn't want.

Don't you think that having two cult heroes in charge of the club might dampen the protest movement?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Johnson for manager, Dunny for assistant.

Two enthusiastic Rovers-affiliated novices are better than a jaded, idea-less, tactic-less, former Burnley manager. He has none of the attributes I would want in a manager, and all the ones I wouldn't want.

So short sighted Stuart, why the hell would you want any ex-players involved with this lot?

Let Coyle see this through and get us relegated, nobody is going to save us, the club fooked until venkys sod off, another relegation embarrasses the rats I'll take that now.

Coyle's taking us down but would Johnson and Dunn really be any better ? Just because they're ex-players and might have more feelings for the club doesn't mean they would save us from what looks certain relegation.

There's also no obvious candidate either who's out of work and would be willing to come to us. Warnock wanted to but that boat has sailed on. I'd still love to know the reason for that decision.

So short sighted Stuart, why the hell would you want any ex-players involved with this lot?

Let Coyle see this through and get us relegated, nobody is going to save us, the club fooked until venkys sod off, another relegation embarrasses the rats I'll take that now.

Do you think they're bothered ?

problem is GAV it will not embarrass them,its a case of job done.

If Coyle was to go then who next?

My 1st choice would Tim Sherwood but I very much doubt he would be interested in all honest.

Wanted Gary Monk in the summer and now I see Leeds in the top 6.

Keith Hill an Option?

Karl Robinson?

What about bringing in Alan Curbishley as director of Football with someone like Ainsworth as head coach/manager?

My 1st choice would Tim Sherwood but I very much doubt he would be interested in all honest.

Keith Hill an Option?

Karl Robinson?

What about bringing in Alan Curbishley as director of Football with someone like Ainsworth as head coach/manager?

I sympathise with you Chaddy but your speculation is pointless. It's like debating what tunes the band should be playing after the " Titanic " hit the iceberg.

I see Teresa May is off to India on a jaunt. Maybe she could have a word in the right places.

Don't you think that having two cult heroes in charge of the club might dampen the protest movement?

Good question. I don't think that sacking Coyle and bringing in Johnson and Dunn demonstrates that Venkys have any real plan and shouldn't detract from protests against them. When you consider those who will protest and those who won't I expect the protesters won't be fooled and those who won't protest won't be affected one way or the other. Let's face it, there are people already against the protests WITH Coyle and Venkys still here.

Potentially, Johnson and Dunn could create the 'give em time' mentality, and protests did cease when the same thing happened with Bowyer - but again, only withthose people already not protesting. Are they joining in and creating momentum? Hmm, not sure.

Right now we probably need to limp to the safety spots by the end of the season. Venkys are determined to let the club rot rather than sell. (Pride? They've a very odd interpretation of the concept). Coyle meanwhile just isn't good enough. It's not the Villa game on it's own, it's chance after chance, in match after match, not taken. It's him making defensive substitutions in matches and conceding late goals to our cost. Bowyer did the same. The same 'mistakes' game after game. Liam Feeney was never good enough in his loan spell, and his return was not welcome. Yet he continues to play and is fast becoming Coyle's white-towel-man.

The only hope really is that the money running out will hasten their exit but that we can stay in the division until then.

Keith Hill an Option?

Karl Robinson?

chaddy stick to football manager,were owned by a bunch of lowlifes,who want to destroy our club.next manager stan ternant

See above.

Will Venkys sell a League One club any more than a poor Championship one? Who knows?

It may even be more profitable(!) - apparently.

chaddy stick to football manager,were owned by a bunch of lowlifes,who want to destroy our club.next manager stan ternant

Ternent turned the Dingles from a joke club to a serious proposition. He built the foundations of what you see over there now.

I'll never forget listening to Radio Lancashire when they were getting battered at half time at home and he subbed three of the wasters in the changing rooms. He then came on the radio after the game and said " There were players out there today that will never play for this club again as long as I am the manager ! "

And as far as I know the wasters didn't.

An attitude we've been lacking for many years.

To have the best chance of staying up we need some miserable dour bugger who's going to organise the team to be hard to beat and do it his way whilst ignoring the owners and advisors. Warnock was that man of course but there's others about.

Go down and I doubt they'll make any effort to appoint someone to get back so then they'll be going down the Robinson, Ainsworth, Dunn type route. Something tells me this is where we are heading....

Robinson will be our manager one day under this mob. He ticks all the boxes. Cheap, talks rubbish, eternally positive, can't sort out a defence and experienced in the loan market at MK Dons.

Coyle's taking us down but would Johnson and Dunn really be any better ? Just because they're ex-players and might have more feelings for the club doesn't mean they would save us from what looks certain relegation.

There's also no obvious candidate either who's out of work and would be willing to come to us. Warnock wanted to but that boat has sailed on. I'd still love to know the reason for that decision.

I'll throw some names into the mix. Billy Davies, Alex McLeish, Nigel Adkins, Steve Evans - all unemployed, all would take the job if it was offered and all were keen on the job last summer.

Robinson will be our manager one day under this mob. He ticks all the boxes. Cheap, talks rubbish, eternally positive, can't sort out a defence and experienced in the loan market at MK Dons.

I'll throw some names into the mix. Billy Davies, Alex McLeish, Nigel Adkins, Steve Evans - all unemployed, all would take the job if it was offered and all were keen on the job last summer.

Yeah there'll be plenty throwing their hats in the ring if Coyle gets the black spot. Why not ? It's a win - win situation. If you make a complete balls of it you still get paid up.

I don't believe for one minute the venkscum are stupid. I think they are very clever people who know exactly what they are doing. I believe they came into this with their eyes wide open and have exploited the fans the club and the town for their own corrupt financial gain. The venkscum are a lot of things but stupid ain't one of them

There's plenty throwing their hats in for any job but its what percentage will be the Coyle types (or worse) and what percentage will be proper managers. I was absolutely astounded when we got Lambert, I thought we were well past a manager of that quality and could only assign his coming here as down to the fact that Venkys had done a complete U-turn on their usual approach and given him complete autonomy over all club matters (this was encouraged by him being allowed to bring all his own coaching staff in). However I should have known that alone wouldn't be enough to get Lambert to come, and its obvious now that Venkys also promised him a bumper transfer budget to launch a play-off attempt.

Any proper managers will be well-aware of what happened with Lambert and so will know for a fact that they'll have no funds, far from it, Venkys will continue to sell their best players season after season. So you've got a permanent selling club, with no board-level structure, no communication from the owners (ever), in the Championship relegation zone, who get the 5th lowest attendances in the league. What's the attraction to come here again? There isn't one in my opinion, save its a job that has a wage. Whilst that's more than enough for Coyle and the like, do managers like Davies, Adkins and Evans really want to put a big black mark on their previously decent managerial careers by taking on a virtually lost cause? I think we'd have to hope one of them has a gambling addiction and seriously needs the money to be in with a shot.

Coyle's managed to surround himself with all his allies which is probably another reason why he's untouchable. All that nonsense Cheston spouted in the summer about the new manager needing to work alongside Lambert's staff and within a matter of weeks of pre-season starting Irvine, Kelly and Batty had been moved on and Hendry, Stewart and Hughes had their feet under the table.

All of a sudden a managerial change requires sacking at least 4 staff and recruiting another 4. Coyle got himself a 2 year deal and probably gave the same to his mates so it won't be a cheap exercise to get rid of the lot of them.

Clearly the financial cost of making a change is part and parcel of the costs of owning a football club and will ultimately be small change if it turns out to be the difference between nailed on relegation and a chance of survival, but people like Cheston and Pasha won't understand that concept as they aren't football people. Infact how are either of them qualified to run a football club?

I do Jim. They want us to go down. Coyle is perfect. He's hopeless, his recent record is hopeless, he was no Rovers fans choice. If they want to achieve relegation then they'll stick with him. He's making it look easy to date. He's under no pressure whatsoever. The thinking man's Kean. Far less antagonistic.

There's plenty throwing their hats in for any job but its what percentage will be the Coyle types (or worse) and what percentage will be proper managers. I was absolutely astounded when we got Lambert, I thought we were well past a manager of that quality and could only assign his coming here as down to the fact that Venkys had done a complete U-turn on their usual approach and given him complete autonomy over all club matters (this was encouraged by him being allowed to bring all his own coaching staff in). However I should have known that alone wouldn't be enough to get Lambert to come, and its obvious now that Venkys also promised him a bumper transfer budget to launch a play-off attempt.

Any proper managers will be well-aware of what happened with Lambert and so will know for a fact that they'll have no funds, far from it, Venkys will continue to sell their best players season after season. So you've got a permanent selling club, with no board-level structure, no communication from the owners (ever), in the Championship relegation zone, who get the 5th lowest attendances in the league. What's the attraction to come here again? There isn't one in my opinion, save its a job that has a wage. Whilst that's more than enough for Coyle and the like, do managers like Davies, Adkins and Evans really want to put a big black mark on their previously decent managerial careers by taking on a virtually lost cause? I think we'd have to hope one of them has a gambling addiction and seriously needs the money to be in with a shot.

At the end of the day we're a Championship club and despite these crooks still have a decent standing in the game. Warnock wanted to come here, Davies threw his hat in the ring, allegedly Adkins was interviewed, so we know decent managers were interested even after the Lambert fiasco. That's what makes Coyle's appointment even more suspect and annoying. Evans worked for Cellino last season so I doubt dodgy owners would put him off. Managerial jobs are like gold dust and the chance to get back in at a club of Rovers stature would appeal to many despite the crooks in India

I do Jim. They want us to go down. Coyle is perfect. He's hopeless, his recent record is hopeless, he was no Rovers fans choice. If they want to achieve relegation then they'll stick with him. He's making it look easy to date. He's under no pressure whatsoever. The thinking man's Kean. Far less antagonistic.

I have reached the same conclusion.They actually want to take us down again.

Coyle's appointment told me everything I needed to know.

Actually, don't be too surprised if they dump him. That still would not undermine our case here. Coyle's eventual dismissal would stave off some of the brickbats and suspicion, but by then the job will have been done. Cap that by replacing him with an ex Rover and it will provide a distraction and another "protective" veneer in the media and even with some of our own fans.

Direct Action is required.

They don't give a toss.They are holding onto us in sheer spite and care not how far we fall.

NEVER forget it : Bonus payments for Relegation. :o

Never known a situation like this in football,it's sick at very best.

I don't believe for one minute the venkscum are stupid. I think they are very clever people who know exactly what they are doing. I believe they came into this with their eyes wide open and have exploited the fans the club and the town for their own corrupt financial gain. The venkscum are a lot of things but stupid ain't one of them

Don't be so sure. I spoke to someone a year or so back who's father had very close links to them, he worked for their father. He said pretty much what people on here think and that they where 'trying their best to lose the family fortune'. I said before their managers put in place years ago are keeping things running for them.

Chaddy someone opened a thread some time ago about the fact they are trying to hurt us as much as possible, I did not believe it one bit but now they may have a point.

At the end of the day we're a Championship club and despite these crooks still have a decent standing in the game. Warnock wanted to come here, Davies threw his hat in the ring, allegedly Adkins was interviewed, so we know decent managers were interested even after the Lambert fiasco. That's what makes Coyle's appointment even more suspect and annoying. Evans worked for Cellino last season so I doubt dodgy owners would put him off. Managerial jobs are like gold dust and the chance to get back in at a club of Rovers stature would appeal to many despite the crooks in India

Several posters on here were shouted down by some when we suggested that there was an element of spite in appointing Coyle. We were called conspiracy theorists and fantasists for saying that when there was no logical solution to the appointment. Well now, with Rovers in deep, deep trouble and looking certain for relegation there seems no sign of Coyle being ousted. In fact the Nixon article of yesterday alluded to this for the way the Indians have been treated.

Who recommend Coyle to Pasha and Balaji? Wasnt Cheston on holiday when appointed? Wasnt when Cheston went on Holiday that the deal for Warnock was agreed and set to become Rovers boss? Did someone at Ewood Park see an opportunity to bring Coyle in cos he's a friend?

Direct Action is required.

What does that even mean?

Against who? There's no decision makers in the U.K. apart from the mysterious Pasha. Now there's a guy who's getting an easy ride. Must be laughing his head off.

As for Not A Penny More. Yeah, cause that'll kill them that. Genius idea as more Blackburn folk lose their jobs. "Oh no Madame! We're not selling any crisps on the Blackburn End! In fact match day revenue is down 20%!" "Shut all the bars, club shop and that blues bar. Make everyone redundant and don't waste my time about this again. That club is £104 million in debt. Do you think I care about a few grand?"

Archived