BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

Owen Coyle's outrageous quote yesterday:

'If we'd have had 10 more clean sheets we'd have been picking up enormous points'

Since Coyle joined Burnley in 2007 he has managed 338 competitive matches at Burnley, Bolton, Wigan, Houston and Rovers. In those 338 games his side have kept a clean sheet on 74 occasions (21.8% of games).

On average his teams will keep a clean sheet once every 5 games. At Rovers he's surpassed what was already an appalling record by overseeing 1 clean sheet in 19 games so far this season, that was at home against an Ipswich side that hadn't scored in 6 when they played us, which is beyond pathetic.

Anyone who knows anything will understand the critical importance of defensive organisation and resilience at the back, especially for those teams fighting relegation or short on quality/options.

A quick glance at those damning statistics proves that he is simply incapable of organising a team, that has been the case throughout almost 10 years of management at 5 different clubs, and it is highly unlikely to change any time soon. It's getting worse judging by our record this season.

He's the antithesis of Allardyce, Bowyer and Lambert, all of whom understood the importance of a strong defence and were able to deliver that which was one reason we survived under all of them.

Talk about having 10 more clean sheets or 'going back to basics' and sorting the defence out are simply not going to happen under this manager. He's proved he can't do it.

Hahaha. So Keanesque.

If my aunty etc

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that the bigger picture is to get rid of Venkys and i am 100% on board with that but i hate Coyle so much i really want him gone.

You're right that it probably won't make too much difference, we will probably still go down but i just want Coyle sacked. Can't stand the bloke.

This. Yes, he's secondary to Venky's and his removal won't affect them, but I hate that this guy is associated with our proud football club. He's a pillock and stealing a wage.

The last thing we want is Coyle sacking.

Nobody's going to save this club until Venkys sod off, getting rid of Coyle gives every non protester an opportunity to carry on doing nothing.

Think bigger picture, Coyle in.

Coyles not up to it Gav, so no point in ruling out changing him.

Its a minor issue though, given the inability of whomever appoints managers at Ewood to see someone with Coyles record above other interviewees such as Warnock. Also understand your point that a new manager may give the anti-protesters a 'give em a chance' reason to not protest too, however if we could bring in a miracle worker, we may stay up, and that could be crucial in the future.

The last thing we want is Coyle sacking.

Nobody's going to save this club until Venkys sod off, getting rid of Coyle gives every non protester an opportunity to carry on doing nothing.

Think bigger picture, Coyle in.

Think bigger bigger picture, Gav. If I thought relegation would see them off I'd agree but...

Coyle stays.

Rovers are relegated.

Coyle still stays.

Venkys still stay.

Rovers are now a struggling League One side.

Half our squad is gone and replaced with League One fodder.

Whoever replaced him would undoubtably be cheaper which leads me to believe they may even be worse. I'm yet to find someone worse, but I'm sure they're out there.

The last thing I want is Coyle sacked and replaced with a hero like Tugay or Jansen. That would really be the ultimate knife to the heart.

Whoever replaced him would undoubtably be cheaper which leads me to believe they may even be worse. I'm yet to find someone worse, but I'm sure they're out there.

The last thing I want is Coyle sacked and replaced with a hero like Tugay or Jansen. That would really be the ultimate knife to the heart.

Maybe Steve Cotterill? Could he be worse?

Karl Robinson or Alex McLeish will probably get the job if Coyle goes

Coyle is crap. Crapness should be called out whatever the back story

Yes we want Venkys to fall into a volcano but some fans are quickly going back into the "but the next guy will be blah blah" just like when they all quivered under their duvets when Bowyer had proved to be useless

Coyles not up to it Gav, so no point in ruling out changing him.

Its a minor issue though, given the inability of whomever appoints managers at Ewood to see someone with Coyles record above other interviewees such as Warnock. Also understand your point that a new manager may give the anti-protesters a 'give em a chance' reason to not protest too, however if we could bring in a miracle worker, we may stay up, and that could be crucial in the future.

You don't get miracle workers with no investment, no structure, and no ******* idea Baz.

Changing the manager achieves nothing but give the non protesters a reason to continue to watch the club die slowly, which they'll happily do.

Bigger picture, Coyle in.

Think bigger bigger picture, Gav. If I thought relegation would see them off I'd agree but...

Coyle stays.

Rovers are relegated.

Coyle still stays.

Venkys still stay.

Rovers are now a struggling League One side.

Half our squad is gone and replaced with League One fodder.

I hope that the further we fall the more chance of getting rid, at this point I'll try anything.

Coyle in.

Maybe Steve Cotterill? Could he be worse?

Karl Robinson or Alex McLeish will probably get the job if Coyle goes

I bashed the drum for Cotterill before and I would've taken him over this ball bag any day. He's used to working with his hands tied and although I doubt he'd have got in the likes of Gallagher I think he'd have recruited defenders better and had a more robust style of play.

McLeish would be ok to try and keep us up but forget Robinson he's a league 1 manager, plenty time in the future to get him :blink:

That would be absolutely disastrous for either of those lovely people as well. I wouldn't wish Rovers managership under Venkys on anyone who I like.

That's why I want Coyle to stay.

Coyle in.

Had his chance, like a lot of our past managerial recruitments he didn't deserve the shot anyway.

Coyle most certainly gone. Regardless of who is next, every minute more of his influence is more damage to ultimately repair.

You don't get miracle workers with no investment, no structure, and no ******* idea Baz.

Changing the manager achieves nothing but give the non protesters a reason to continue to watch the club die slowly, which they'll happily do.

Bigger picture, Coyle in.

I hope that the further we fall the more chance of getting rid, at this point I'll try anything.

Coyle in.

You will have to wait a lot longer than league 1. These sh*** are here to take us out of the football league then sell everything they can.

First ex Premier league club to not survive a dodgy owner.

You will have to wait a lot longer than league 1. These sh*** are here to take us out of the football league then sell everything they can.

First ex Premier league club to not survive a dodgy owner.

The club will always survive, history tells us that, but it'll need its fans to come back and support it.

Count me in.

Coyle Out. No guarantee at all the shysters will leave if we are relegated. In fact they will probably be happier with reduced losses and further downsizing of all. Sleepwalking our way to relegation will not assist the club one iota with reduced income, interest and further fan erosion. Playing in front of 6k at home to Oldham will not cheer anyone up. Further damaging our local business community and company employees. No thanks, cannot see any benefit at all to being relegated.

Coyle Out. Averaging less points per game than either Bowyer or Lambert. In fact, Bowyer was sacked at roughly this stage so fingers crossed Coyle's days are numbered as well.

Coyle Out. Fans can still choose to enter late, leave early, paint pictures, hold meetings, wave banners, stay away, or fly to Timbucktoo whatever division we are in. Might as well be this one as an inferior one.

Coyle Out. His appointment was made for all the wrong reasons and his continued retention is damaging the club further. Clean sheets are a dirty word with this character, as are victories.An appointment made out of spite due to historical Burnley links. His last three appointments have all ended in tears and he clearly isn't the most suitable person for the job selected from a world-wide audience.

Coyle Out. By his own admission our wage bill remains very competitive at this level. More competitive than our first team it would appear.

All those saying keep Coyle, continue losing, get relegated, roll the dice and gamble? No evidence at all to suggest the Venky's are concerned about relegation so what are we actually gambling on? A romantic hope they will suddenly leave? No thanks.

Coyle Out. No guarantee at all the shysters will leave if we are relegated. In fact they will probably be happier with reduced losses and further downsizing of all. Sleepwalking our way to relegation will not assist the club one iota with reduced income, interest and further fan erosion. Playing in front of 6k at home to Oldham will not cheer anyone up. Further damaging our local business community and company employees. No thanks, cannot see any benefit at all to being relegated.

Coyle Out. Averaging less points per game than either Bowyer or Lambert. In fact, Bowyer was sacked at roughly this stage so fingers crossed Coyle's days are numbered as well.

Coyle Out. Fans can still choose to enter late, leave early, paint pictures, hold meetings, wave banners, stay away, or fly to Timbucktoo whatever division we are in. Might as well be this one as an inferior one.

Coyle Out. His appointment was made for all the wrong reasons and his continued retention is damaging the club further. Clean sheets are a dirty word with this character, as are victories.An appointment made out of spite due to historical Burnley links. His last three appointments have all ended in tears and he clearly isn't the most suitable person for the job selected from a world-wide audience.

Coyle Out. By his own admission our wage bill remains very competitive at this level. More competitive than our first team it would appear.

All those saying keep Coyle, continue losing, get relegated, roll the dice and gamble? No evidence at all to suggest the Venky's are concerned about relegation so what are we actually gambling on? A romantic hope they will suddenly leave? No thanks.

Cracking post!

In fact, Bowyer was sacked at roughly this stage so fingers crossed Coyle's days are numbered as well.

Failure to beat Brentford at home made it 3 wins from 17 for Bowyer and cost him his job - fingers crossed for a repeat this time around.

Archived