BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coco V Chimphead

ABBEY

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember how I used to get "pissy" when people compared Bowyer to Coco?

I still think Kean was a criminal, and at least Coyle *has been a manager before but "we're so close to being a good team" is just another example of the similarities and the rank bad unorganised performances are the cherry on a rather stinky cake.

All I want for Christmas is Coyle given the boot.

Coyle should be potted by his own words. We are so close to being a good team. Yet he is so inept that he cannot make the players take that small step to being a good team. In my book that makes him a failure, and he should be given the boot.

I agree that Coyle is a poor manager who is doing a bad job but can't agree with the personal abuse. I seem to remember he was on the receiving end of some disgusting abuse while he was with the Dingles and personally I can't be bothered with it. He's just someone who has been hired to do a job on the cheap and is doing in badly. Diesn't compare to Kean at all.

Pardew just been sacked at Palace. Lost 22 games in the calendar year. Suprisingly that is not a record.

The record is jointly held by Ian Branfoot 25 defeats in 1993 and our very own superstar Owen (useless) Coyle in 2011 with 25 also.

John Lyall came a disappointing 3rd with 23 defeats in 1994.

Owen Coyle - Footballing genius.

I agree that Coyle is a poor manager who is doing a bad job but can't agree with the personal abuse. I seem to remember he was on the receiving end of some disgusting abuse while he was with the Dingles and personally I can't be bothered with it. He's just someone who has been hired to do a job on the cheap and is doing in badly. Diesn't compare to Kean at all.

There are a lot of managers out there who could 'do a job' cheaper than Koyle. And a better one at that.

We have a(nother) positive thinker who can do as badly as he likes and be under no pressure or worry about the axe (unlike every other football manager out there). His credentials shouldn't even have got him an interview. He couldn't be any more Kean-like is he was Scottish. Oh wait! Check your calendars folks it might just be 2011 all over again.

You mean apart from the dodgy way he was appointed, the way he is vastly under qualified for the role and shouldn't have got an interview, the lies and links to an agency, his seeming willingness to see everything downgraded and his twaddle/lies in interviews? Apart from that there's no comparison.

There are a lot of managers out there who could 'do a job' cheaper than Koyle. And a better one at that.

We have a(nother) positive thinker who can do as badly as he likes and be under no pressure or worry about the axe (unlike every other football manager out there). His credentials shouldn't even have got him an interview. He couldn't be any more Kean-like is he was Scottish. Oh wait! Check your calendars folks it might just be 2011 all over again.

That doesn't make him a chimp head though. Not saying he isn't a delusional idiot who is managing the team badly but no need for personal abuse. He isn't even 1% of the problem at this club.

You mean apart from the dodgy way he was appointed, the way he is vastly under qualified for the role and shouldn't have got an interview, the lies and links to an agency, his seeming willingness to see everything downgraded and his twaddle/lies in interviews? Apart from that there's no comparison.

Kean was slightly more corrupt though wasn't he?

That doesn't make him a chimp head though. Not saying he isn't a delusional idiot who is managing the team badly but no need for personal abuse. He isn't even 1% of the problem at this club.

Personal abuse?

Your second sentence could also equally apply to Kean, if we are going to ignore any alleged agent involvement.

You seem to be sticking to your guns on this one despite there being alarm bells over his appointment and continued tenure even with him being on his way to becoming Venkys worst ever manager - which, by their standards, is a pretty damning description - so I'll leave it there.

Agree with this. Censors on here get upset at something trivial yet allow a thread with the title "Coco v Chimphead" ! Yes, they're both poor managers and comparisons between the two are valid and worth discussing but giving them silly names devalues the argument and leads the thread down a predictably tedious path.

Agree with this. Censors on here get upset at something trivial yet allow a thread with the title "Coco v Chimphead" ! Yes, they're both poor managers and comparisons between the two are valid and worth discussing but giving them silly names devalues the argument and leads the thread down a predictably tedious path.

as opposed to calling someone a "swivel eyed loon"....stop trolling

Well I suppose that is one way of looking at it

Another is that Chimp Head is merely prepared to take the Venky's rupee in order to maintain a pretence to the fans and to bolster an illusion that this football club is business, as usual.

• Backroom

Well, Jim, when Coyle and Kean both decide they don't like relatively inoffensive nicknames given to them by random usernames on a messageboard, we'll let you know.

Could be worse, I'd sooner call the thread keaner vs $!#@*, myself...

No, For me , the "silly names" reflect complete lack of credibility with supporters. The inference from the title really could not be clearer.

The same distorted logic, self deluding babble and attempts to redefine a steaming turd, as the crown jewels. Aside from anything else, their pronouncements are an insult to the intelligence.

"They should be supporting the team from the start". "Some fans have their own agenda". DAMM RIGHT WE DO.

You wally I have supported Rovers for 49 years and have had ST's for 30+ years until this season.

Not a penny more.

Sod off Coyle,

Venkys OUT.

And no sane person can legitimately argue with that.

It's getting to the point where anyone but this dick will do but maybe that's what they want. They can get someone even cheaper in then like Dunn or Hill etc with fans blessing. Another big cog turned in the downscale.

Archived